917     6 
News   May 31, 2024
 3.2K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I NEVER listen to the radio, let alone right-wing talk radio, so all these ads for lube stations are new to me, but I think the most telling statement just came from a car add: "When it comes to your Ford, beware of parts unknown".

If this information is correct - and I believe it could very well be - it means that Bill Blair lied when he said that only this week were forensic technicians able to recover the deleted video. It doesn't take months to recover deleted files from a hard drive.

Well, wise one - tell us exactly how many devices they recovered and how long it takes to go through every single device - forensically (meaning running full recovery on each) and then checking every single directory and file (a clever person would rename the extension to something innocuous and bury it deep in the file system).

Had they known exactly which hard drive contained the file that they knew they were looking for, you'd be right. But as it stands, you're just showing your "The TPS is completely incompetent" colors, as usual. They were searching for a needle in a haystack, and considering the file was actually deleted and had to be recovered, I'd say they actually did a pretty good job in finding it.

guitararchitect:

Actually it shouldn't take long - and given the fact that the video is recoverable, I would even hazard to guess that the individuals in question didn't have the know-how to properly delete a file (like maybe just deleted it and emptied the recycle bin,, instead of writing and rewriting the storage area to "blank" it all).

AoD

Didn't Blair say that will be up to the courts? The TPS hands evidence over to the courts, and then they decide on what can be released and when.

The larger point is that since none of us work for the TPS' forensic recovery unit (or whatever it might be called), none of us can say with any certainty how long it should or should not have taken. I highly doubt they started searching the hard drives the second they came in - not to mention that upon collecting the evidence they probably aren't getting orders to "find the crack video! find it now!" - their chief concern, most likely, is documenting/filing/recording *anything* incriminating. Getting the video was likely a part of that long and diligent process.

But hey, you could also say that since it didn't happen the way you think it should happen (based, probably, upon what you see on TV and in movies), it's clearly a sign that they're incompetent.

guitararchitect:

Actually it shouldn't take long - and given the fact that the video is recoverable, I would even hazard to guess that the individuals in question didn't have the know-how to properly delete a file (like maybe just deleted it and emptied the recycle bin,, instead of writing and rewriting the storage area to "blank" it all).

AoD

Is it common in extortion cases for the information that could harm the extorted party to be publicly released in the case against the extorter?

Is it common in extortion cases for the information that could harm the extorted party to be publicly released in the case against the extorter?

A very good question. Wasn't there a case recently about a Judge with all kinds of erotic pictures that she was being blackmailed with, and the photos were indeed entered into evidence? I'm probably misremembering one or more of those details....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back