427     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 353     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 440     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of hanging around outside, can't the media go into the office as if they were there for the Haunted House?

Edit: Or even the public? Why couldn't a group under the pretense of going to see the haunted house go in and start calling for the Mayor to answer questions and/or resign?

If the owner of the file were smart he would have deleted the file by overwriting the section of the hard drive with random data several times. There are free utilities that do this and it would make recovery nearly impossible.

If I have learned nothing else from r/silkroad (reddit). The only way to delete a file permanently is to destroy the hard drive. Everything can be recovered, eventually

Damn... He's so done.

I hope Tory can drum up some support.. I don't think I can live in Chow's Toronto.

Considering what a big supporter you were of Ford's, I'm not surprised to hear you say that but then again, your support of Ford does bring your judgement into question. Anyone who voted for Ford must feel pretty foolish right about now. I hate to say we told you so but...

Considering what a big supporter you were of Ford's, I'm not surprised to hear you say that but then again, your support of Ford does bring your judgement into question. Anyone who voted for Ford must feel pretty foolish right about now. I hate to say we told you so but...

My father voted for Ford. I told him that he'd regret it (he does), but I never could have imagined all of this would have happened.

I just don't get your hatred for the mayor. Sure there are some issues than I can see would leave you in separate ideological camps but why such visceral anger from you and others in this thread? What has The mayor done that you find so reprehensible and harmful to the city?

Personally I think that the garbage strike under Miller and the pandering to social programs did more damage to us than anything Rob has done thus far.

A golden oldie from May 26. One for the time capsule.

Instead of hanging around outside, can't the media go into the office as if they were there for the Haunted House?

Edit: Or even the public? Why couldn't a group under the pretense of going to see the haunted house go in and start calling for the Mayor to answer questions and/or resign?
Personally I think we should be in front of City Hall in the thousands demanding it.

TTM:

fully expected him to be a disaster of a person and as a mayor - I just didn't expect a) he'd be stupid enough to maintain his patterns of behaviour and b) he'd get himself in situations where it'd end up blowing up so publically.

AoD

To people talking about how long it takes to recover the video, windows prefaces deleted files with a non-display character, depending on the formatting the string which represents such a character may or may not mark a deleted file, and simply removing it could cause damage, so what they do is run through the drive at a machine code level, index all said characters automatically (about 6.5 hours per 100 gigs) and then examine the code by hand, if it's determined by a forensics technician to be a file header they determine the sectors the file occupies, and then they attempt to recover it. Most machines have hundreds of thousands of deleted files, it can take weeks, maybe even months to properly analyze a hard drive. If you want more info try reddit's netsec, hacker, or computer forensics boards. There are multiple approaches to it, but blindly undeleting can have disastrous effects, you could have a missing bite of information (often from corruption), that causes a reading frame shift, so what looks like the character could actually be a completely different character.

Long time lurker, almost never poster here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back