938     6 
News   May 31, 2024
 3.2K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need to get this off my chest: Joe Warmington, Sue Ann Levy, Giorgio Mammoliti, Doug Holiday and most of all Doug Ford....f* all of you for enabling this very sick, addicted man and putting Toronto through misery for your narrow minded agenda.

Don't forget about Nick Kouvalis.

He said that he didnt think Doolittle and Cook were lying. Just that they may not have seen what they thought they saw.

Aka: The video was a clever fake. Doolittle and Cook were mislead by a fake video.

He obviously didn't think too long about his statement. I dont think TPS would be tricked by clever video editing.

That doesn't mean he's implying it was fake. There are multiple ways to interpret it, one of which is "he wasn't smoking crack, it was something else"

TTM:

I think Blair specifically said that the video is unaltered. Besides, the video is only a tiny aspect of the tapestry at this point - all the strange movements, bags and envelops of "stuff", communication with various involved parties, etc - points to a much bigger picture than just a video.

AoD

Absolutely. I don't really care about the video. It's small compared to the scope of the rest of the scandal.

So I apologize if this has already been discussed here and I missed it, but I've been hearing some ambiguities:

People are saying that Ford is the victim of blackmail. Is that just because of the charge against Lisi and people are guessing that it's because the video we know about shows Ford? Why would Lisi be blackmailing Ford? I thought they were friends. If there's someone else that's being extorted, who? And for what?

Also, people are saying that Blair said there wasn't enough evidence to charge Ford with anything. I thought he just said that there wasn't enough evidence in the video to charge him with possession? Although I suppose if there was enough evidence to arrest him, they would've done so...

You know, I've done forensic recovery on a computer system (though mostly financial and corporate work, not criminal) and yes it is more than just hitting a button or two, but it's not quite the Sisyphean task you make it out to be. Regardless, considering that the timing of the release of the warrant details was independent of the recovery of the video, I think it's reasonably to question how conveniently it appeared "just yesterday," especially given the leaks that hinted at its discovery somewhat earlier.

I agree - in isolation it isn't Sisyphean by any means, I've done it as well. But doing it in a way that keeps up with the practices for logging what's found on a hard drive (just a guess but I guess it starts with - logging the contents of media files, extracting email archives for other colleagues to sort through, flagging what may or may not link said files with other suspects, running a full forensic recovery and doing the same logging for deleted files), and doing it on a hundred or more different devices... well, that's actually a lot of work. Not even to mention the other ongoing cases that might delay the beginning of the search, and a variety of other considerations.

Listen here - I've seen TV shows so I know how this works. They come in some geek's room with a bag full of drives and say "Drop everything you're doing and find that video!" and he mashes his keyboard for a bit and then the file is recovered. It takes like a day maximum. Anything else is just more proof of how incompetent the TPS really is.

Is it just a huge coincidence that one day before a judge ordered the search warrants unsealed that Toronto Police were able to magically recover the crack video?

And of course the usual Ford Nation dummies are out on twitter denying that any of this means anything.

I hate them. I really do.

Because being continually wasted during the day on the city's dime is really no big deal. It doesn't interfere with the man's job performance at all.

People are saying that Ford is the victim of blackmail. Is that just because of the charge against Lisi and people are guessing that it's because the video we know about shows Ford? Why would Lisi be blackmailing Ford? I thought they were friends. If there's someone else that's being extorted, who? And for what?

Actually there was a release saying that Lisi used "extortive methods while trying to retrieve the video" (or something along those lines). So it wasn't Rob he was extorting... it was whomever had the video.

@MarcoOved

In Ford Nation: woman says it doesn't matter police confirmed video is real, she wants to see it herself. Otherwise, "it's just propaganda."

edit -- ninja'd, this thread is moving too quickly!

So I apologize if this has already been discussed here and I missed it, but I've been hearing some ambiguities:

Also, people are saying that Blair said there wasn't enough evidence to charge Ford with anything. I thought he just said that there wasn't enough evidence in the video to charge him with possession? Although I suppose if there was enough evidence to arrest him, they would've done so...

No. It's already been noted now by Keenan and others on Twitter that the Lisi wasn't extorting Ford, but someone else. This leaves the possibility of connection to either Price or Ford in getting the video back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back