792     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 717     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 304     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got your metaphor blackballed, and I agree with you. I usually vote to the left but I plan to vote for the candidate that can get us working together as a city, instead of us/them. I'm not sure Olivia as mayor would accomplish that goal, she is seen as too far to the left and will not take any of Ford's votes.

Actually because the Ford voting demo is a more complicated matter than simply left vs right, don't be surprised if Olivia (and not just on ethnic grounds) *will* take some of that Ford vote--a lot of it being the "Ford/Miller crossover" vote--and indeed, she might be more palatable to said demo than Stintz, just like Miller was more palatable than Pitfield in '06...

Following the radio show on Twitter, it almost sounds like a eulogy for RoFo's mayoralty. Lots of self-pity mixed in with the bragging. A sign that the jig will soon be up? https://twitter.com/sahar_fatima

Is he seriously bragging about a reduction in debt that doesn't exist??????????? I get that he doesn't really understand math, but he's been called out on thi so many times!

rsz_img_2017.jpg

Read this just now in Daniel Kahneman's Thinking Fast and Slow. Think it pertains very well to why the Fords were able to spin one, ridiculous lie (the LRTs are streetcars and they will slow down your commute to work to a crawl!) into a reason to completely financially derail transit reform.

Attachments

• rsz_img_2017.jpg
    rsz_img_2017.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 406
Rob Ford is cheap. He's a multimillionaire and continued driving a relatively inexpensive Chevrolet Uplander minivan from the mid 2000s until his brother bought him an Escalade. It makes him look pragmatic, but his stingy voting record reveals he's just a miser.

A drug lawyer once mentioned to me that driving a minivan is probably the least conspicuous way to ride dirty. As long as the lights all work and the plates are up to date, natch.

Actually because the Ford voting demo is a more complicated matter than simply left vs right, don't be surprised if Olivia (and not just on ethnic grounds) *will* take some of that Ford vote--a lot of it being the "Ford/Miller crossover" vote--and indeed, she might be more palatable to said demo than Stintz, just like Miller was more palatable than Pitfield in '06...

i mentioned a bit earlier back in this thread.
i wont clarify my opinion until closer to the election but Chow does not have the support of the chinese electorate as you would assume.

A drug lawyer once mentioned to me that driving a minivan is probably the least conspicuous way to ride dirty. As long as the lights all work and the plates are up to date, natch.

it couldn't possibly be that he is a big guy and has small children. it must be drugs.

(Deco also makes a boatload at election time, doing election signs, magnets, and many ads for candidates of all stripes - they take everyone's money.)

A lot of people may not know this, but Howard Moscoe also does quite well selling signs at election time. And Cam Wooley, the former OPP Sgt. and now traffic guy? He makes a boatload renting out classic cars to moviemakers.

A lot of people may not know this, but Howard Moscoe also does quite well selling signs at election time. And Cam Wooley, the former OPP Sgt. and now traffic guy? He makes a boatload renting out classic cars to moviemakers.

I knew that about Howard Moscoe, but only because I'm related to him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back