736     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 673     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 297     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
the difference between those that self identify as left or right is that they are both all about themselves.
wait, that's a similarity.
the difference is how they dress and spend their leisure time.

Was one of those "former left-leaning Mayors" Art Eggleton? If so, keep in mind that in practice, he was a de facto former *right-leaning* Mayor (albeit in a ConLib-supported "pragmatic centrist" way a la John Tory) vs Sewell, Johnson, Wright, the Hummer Sisters...

Yes and the other was David Crombie - i.e. two red-tory's a la John Tory.

Ford has the munchies!

BXiBIRDCMAA4R8V.jpg

via Twitter: https://twitter.com/kevineproulx

If they are going to bring on Paikin to moderate debates I think there should be a co-moderator - someone like Ezra Levant. Ezra would make mince-meat out of Olivia Chow!

Peepers, I generally enjoy your comments. You are clearly intelligent, and we likely have similar thoughts on many issues (see my comments below), but you simply have got to get over the idea that Ezra Levant is: a) a good journalist, b) a journalist at all, or c) sane. Let me put it this way: You know Nenshi, the guy we all want to kidnap and install as Mayor of Toronto? Ezra hates him and loves Ford.

as a "progressive leftist" (for lack of a better term and, unfortunately, in need of an label) I wouldn't and couldn't have voted for Giambrone. Just like I don't think I could vote for Chow - what has she ever done to get your vote besides "not being the other guy". really.
and, Kinsella?! i guess you can't expect anything more from a tired, out of ideas, candidate like Chow.

we really desrve better (we're world class! or, so i'm told).
i'm thinking i'll have to wait 4, or 8, to vote for somebody i can actually believe in... like KWT.

cgwalnut, if that is your real name, you win comment of the night (although you have a weird thing against capitalizing letters at the beginning of a sentence. Seriously, are you e.e. cummings?).

There is no better description of Chow than "a tired, out of ideas candidate". You just nailed that. She has no argument other than that she's not Ford and she'd like the job. I hear that she won't even start campaigning until May. Excuse me? That may be an advisable strategy in normal times, but in case she has an obscured view from Ottawa, she should know that these are NOT normal times. The person who gets my vote will be the candidate who starts actively campaigning against this Fordian train wreck as soon as legally possible.

Yes, I would rather vote for Chow than vote for Ford, but I'd rather eat a Costco-sized box of Premium Plus crackers without the benefit of water than vote for Chow. She has basically no experience running anything and she supports the moronic subway decision.

In summary, Olivia Chow will be elected mayor in the same way that Hillary Clinton was elected President in 2008.

Stintz is running for mayor, according to Don Peat at the Sun.

http://ow.ly/qcBfx

Saw these funny comments below the story

Fresh_Start Matthew • 19 minutes ago
Insider sources over at leftwing fieldom urbantoronto think Stintz is already firmly in the Chow camp and is just throwing her name in the ring to make the kind of attacks at Ford Chow won't make.

The vast conspiracy to usurp Ford from his job knows no bounds.
1 1 •Reply•Share ›

David Kelly Fresh_Start • 8 minutes ago
Cmon Dougie....now your imagination is getting just a tad carried away....
•Reply•Share ›

Fresh_Start David Kelly • 3 minutes ago
Google "metroman rob ford" if you don't believe me. He's the inside source.

So UrbanToronto is a "left-wing fiefdom" LOL. I believe "Fresh Start" used to be a member of this forum

Saw these funny comments below the story

So UrbanToronto is a "left-wing fiefdom" LOL. I believe "Fresh Start" used to be a member of this forum

Lol at this. Fresh Start is an ass for this.

I just told my wife I was "left-wing", she still hasn't stopped laughing.

You seem very moderate and knowledgeable :)

cgwalnut, if that is your real name, you win comment of the night (although you have a weird thing against capitalizing letters at the beginning of a sentence. Seriously, are you e.e. cummings?).

haha, thanks.
and, yeah, the no capitilization thing bothers me as well... but, it's a bad habit and I just can't get past not liking the look of capitals in type - especially at the beginning of sentences.
I do however capitalize names and places out of respect - or, conversely, in an attempt to show disrespect I will not capitalize a name.
strangely, when printing I write in all capitals.
it's a messed up style guide indeed.

now, back to the teetering tower that is Toronto...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back