1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 895     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 355     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking a bit more about that "press conference", it was clearly scripted political theater intended for his base. I guess it's worked before.

Or has it? Because I'm not sure it's the same game. He's been filmed fleeing reporters before, even before May 16th, so they must think his base loves seeing Robbie "sticking it to the man" or whatever. But it's one thing to run from questions about magnets or $3,150 donations, but running from questions about why he wrote reference letters from a drug dealer with a penchant for threatening to kill women and a murderer seems different. To paraphrase Rob on chairs, nobody understands municipal conflict of interest laws, but everybody understands threatening to kill and actually killing. Or, to put it differently, it's one thing to ignore Janet Lieper, but it's another to ignore Bill Blair (which, as is becoming increasingly obvious to even the thickest members of Ford Nation, is where we are quickly heading).

https://twitter.com/TorStarEditor/status/393213559326265344
Michael Cooke‏@TorStarEditor
Cops weigh in on #robford and that drug house. Toronto Star front page for Thursday
8kspc.jpg

Rob doesn't want Dave there anymore. Doug is the major force with Price still having a job at city hall.

I was just about to write about the need to stay focused on David Price. Why? Several reasons, not least of which being that MetroMan has been fixated on him for at least a week and it's pretty clear that he'll be the next domino to fall.

I've always seen Price as being Doug's guy. But I was re-reading an article from late-May in which Price is said to have claimed that Rob is his "best friend".Also, we shouldn't forget that Price got fired from his job in finance because of MASSIVE GAMBLING DEBTS.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/TorStarEditor/status/393213559326265344
Michael Cooke‏@TorStarEditor
Cops weigh in on #robford and that drug house. Toronto Star front page for Thursday
8kspc.jpg

Here's hoping the trend will be the TPS being open about Ford's connection to the Dixon Bloods and Project Traveller. I heard a rumour that initially, when Ford's name popped up in the investigation, the first move by the brass was to pull off a number of officers from the case as a way to cool the jets. Funding implications...

Essentially, Ford's "fix" for these criminal unfortunates is to set them up to serve as his personal Tonton Macoutes.

But in the middle of everything lately, one thing's come to puzzle/intrigue me: we know of Rob Ford and where he lives, Lisi, the Bassos, etc...yet what do we know of Doug Ford? I mean, he's "available" at all sorts of times as his brother's partner-in-crime/spokesperson, etc; but given the electricity of all reportage lately, it's amazing that Doug's own personal, private life and existence has remained personal and private, and nobody, mediawise or otherwise, has sought to snoop on him and seek him out and search him out and, uh, "harass" him. Like, where does he live? Mom's place? On-premises at Deco? In Toronto, or outside like Dave Price? It's like Doug Ford has successfully neutralized all impulse for the media to treat him the way they treat his brother and hangers-on. And while his own family seems, from what I recall, more "functional", more happy-go-lucky and less miserable than Rob's family, they're pretty tight-ship private now; or at least, after Krista's abortive lingerie-football stint and a few wayward tweets, they've gone out of news range.

Maybe it's that absence of blatant in-your-face dysfunction that's led media to leave Doug's own personal realm alone--either that, or he's covering up for fear of retribution (which, if he's the same drug-running bigwig he was 30 years ago, could just as well be from internal thug connections rather lefty media leeches).

what do we know of Doug Ford? I mean, he's "available" at all sorts of times as his brother's partner-in-crime/spokesperson, etc; but given the electricity of all reportage lately, it's amazing that Doug's own personal, private life and existence has remained personal and private, and nobody, mediawise or otherwise, has sought to snoop on him and seek him out and search him out and, uh, "harass" him. Like, where does he live? Mom's place? On-premises at Deco? In Toronto, or outside like Dave Price?

Doug Ford says he doesn’t feel entitled. “I’m not here to hide that the Fords have given back to the community for 55 years,” he says.

He grew up in the ward, Deco is based in it, but he now lives further south in another part of Etobicoke (he also has homes in Chicago and Florida).

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/10/22/a-ford-family-affair-in-etobicoke-north/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back