951     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 834     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 337     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling that the TPS is sending the boys a (public) message, in case they hadn't figured it out yet. But why leak directly to the press now? If they have enough nefarious behavior on surveillance going back six months or more, what are they waiting for?

Except it isn't at all clear they have Ford dead to rights yet in any sense. Remember in all that surveillance they didn't see Ford once. There are just too many gaps in the puzzle to speculate they have a smoking gun on Ford himself.

I honestly wished I felt as optimistic as some of you guys re: Ford going down but I just don't see it. First, I do not trust the police to do their jobs when it comes to Ford - from the raise to the fact that one of them is a good Ford family friend. Second, what are they charging him with? So far what we have is he hangs around with shady characters, has a problem staying away from controversy and smoked what appears to be crack. He has a solid 25 percent of the electorate behind him, and we only have a short time until the new campaign begins. I loathe this man, but I cannot see anything that will take him down and I have absolutely no faith in the police. None.

For those of us speculating, it's easy to believe that there must be some sweeping underbelly of crime and corruption to the Ford story. So many creepy characters in supporting roles. When the murderer tow-truck driver entered the story, I went googling Bill & Son Towing. I seem to remember two or three of the Bandidos killed outside London a few years back were tow-truck drivers. But I found little confirmation of criminality there, except someone on RedFlagDeals bitching about their practices, and a story of an aged homeless guy who had his truck impounded (and had councillor Rob Ford come to his aid). I've wondered if some of the Ford family dirt could be tied to bikers, through sister Kathy's explorations with white supremacists and serious drug use.

But mob ties? Ford pumped the subway not to reward any construction people. His sole interest is in keeping transit off-grade on the streets and maintaining the dominance of the automobile. There was also the political side-benefit of furthering the divide between downtown and the suburbs. Ford isn't a builder, he'd stagnate the city with his penny-pinching. It seems unlikely that people looking to score off development would make him a champion. Rob has an amazing number of criminal pals, but his network hardly extends five blocks beyond where he grew up. Seems small-time and extra-curricular.

The Ford potential for corruption would be in unloading city assets and property. While Doug Ford has made his distaste for council and any kind of process obvious, he does seem to be present at City Hall more than Rob. And that's not because he has shown any interest in his constituency. He does seem take interest in Build Toronto, Invest Toronto and the Port Authority. Boards we don't hear much about, but which seem to be available to be tapped for funds when the Ford's need to say something, like the Austin jaunt, wasn't paid for with taxpayer monies. But if there's temptation there for them to be helping someone out, it may just be for business people Doug knows through the Rotary's of Etobicoke, Mississauga and Woodbridge, or through the bagmen of the Conservative Party, and not some deeper organized nefarious types.

Except it isn't at all clear they have Ford dead to rights yet in any sense. Remember in all that surveillance they didn't see Ford once. There are just too many gaps in the puzzle to speculate they have a smoking gun on Ford himself.

It's sounding more and more like Ron Tavener swept a bunch of stuff under the rug for his buddy Ford, and when the Chief found out he launched Brazen 2.

It's possible that the best evidence of Ford's involvement was destroyed or intentionally not collected during this investigation.

I've wondered if some of the Ford family dirt could be tied to bikers, through sister Kathy's explorations with white supremacists and serious drug use.

Randy has also had a criminal past. His name and the hell's angels comes up frequently. It has not been confirmed anywhere to my knowledge. Many parts of the Ford story tend to be exaggerated.

Is there any chance that the unidentified baton brandishing thug is our tow-truck driver? This is pure speculation, but it occurs to me that this person is still at large.

Is there any chance that the unidentified baton brandishing thug is our tow-truck driver? This is pure speculation, but it occurs to me that this person is still at large.

You know how some publications will quote someone swearing with "f____" and your mind fills the blank when reading? For me it's like this with this story. Whenever I read about an unidentified assailant visiting the Basso house with a baton, my mind casts Dave Price in the role. It's automatic.

You know how some publications will quote someone swearing with "f____" and your mind fills the blank when reading? For me it's like this with this story. Whenever I read about an unidentified assailant visiting the Basso house with a baton, my mind casts Dave Price in the role. It's automatic.

I've always assumed it was Lisi and Price together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back