233     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 380     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 221     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he said within 24 hours at first? Sorry, whether he has inside info or not, he ain't no MM.

If in fact the police had been planning a take-down today I suspect that the weather may have interfered with their plans. The very low cloud cover would have meant that the TPS spy plane would have been grounded and it would have been a key resource especially if they were planning to intercept Ford either heading to or leaving the CFRB studio at Yonge and St Clair.

If in fact the police had been planning a take-down today I suspect that the weather may have interfered with their plans. The very low cloud cover would have meant that the TPS spy plane would have been grounded and it would have been a key resource especially if they were planning to intercept Ford either heading to or leaving the CFRB studio at Yonge and St Clair.

I dunno, if they want to take him in I'd expect them to do so at city hall or his house

Not to sound harsh, but that's probably the stupidest post yet in this forum. And that's saying a lot. Maybe, just maybe, the cops didn't arrest him because they don't take orders from an architecture forum.

Really? I think if they want him they just arrest him. He's the mayor of Toronto, not the Scarlet Pimpernel.

I dunno, if they want to take him in I'd expect them to do so at city hall or his house

If police want to arrest Ford they have many options. I could see that they would not want to arrest him at his house to spare his family which -as we know includes young children. Also arresting him at city hall would be about the last thing that they would want to do because of the spectacle it would create.

If they are planning an arrest I suspect that they would prefer to intercept him while he is in transit and for this they would prefer air support.

These are just theories. I am not saying the police are planning to arrest Ford or that they should arrest Ford - just a theory on how best to accomplish an arrest of Toronto's chief magistrate.

Not to sound harsh, but that's probably the stupidest post yet in this forum. And that's saying a lot. Maybe, just maybe, the cops didn't arrest him because they don't take orders from an architecture forum.

funny. :)
but to be fair, the tips came from twitter, not UT.
and, i am sure, most of toronto would give the order...

Ray Heard initially said it would happen today, now he's saying in a few days. But his other posts throw his credibility into question, and some (about David Suzuki and in particular Greyson/Loubani) make him sound like a bit of a dick.

Whenever I read a Forgotten post, by blood starts boiling. And then I glance at the username and chuckle when I realize I've had a Forgotten moment.

Tip: 1. Don't argue with Forgotten. He never responds
Tip 2: Forgotten is being sarcastic. He's a caricature of the Ford supporter.

Caricature without any of the necessary wit to differentiate it from casual trolling. Copying and pasting Ford Nayshun talking points isn't exactly biting satire, it's just annoying.

Also arresting him at city hall would be about the last thing that they would want to do because of the spectacle it would create.

Given we're dealing w/a master spectacle-creator, I don't see what's *horribly* out of line there.

If they are planning an arrest I suspect that they would prefer to intercept him while he is in transit and for this they would prefer air support.

Shades of...

OJ+SIMPSON+Course+Poursuite+(1).jpg

Anything is possible but all of them being quiet at once at the cusp of the momentum that's been building over the past couple of weeks just perks my ears up. Call it a gut feeling.

I don't put any stock in Ray Heard's claims. It's a very odd time to be popping up claiming to have inside sources after having not written anything about an investigation that's been going on for months. And I really don't think that an informed journalist would use language such as "I kinda like Rob Ford". Finally, is he even based in Toronto? I thought he was based in Montreal. I just don't see him having good sources within TPS.

As for MetroMan (which I I don't believe is his real name), I believe that he is reliably informed and relays this information as faithfully as possible. Because of that, it should not surprise us that they have "gone dark" as this ordeal comes to a crescendo. Think about it: If you can find this forum, chances are that TPS can as well - after all, they do have a spy plane. In fact, there's even a decent chance that Ford's people could be reading this.

I'll give it a couple weeks before giving up on MetroMan (again, I strongly suspect that this is a pseudonym).

Is this satire or are you being serious? Why on earth would the TPS need a plane to arrest Ford? The man has a home and an office (which he apparently occasionally visits) and I assume the police know his schedule.

Ray Heard does seem a wee bit odd. However, he does have some legit journalists following his stuff. So who knows? Something has to give, hopefully sooner, than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back