199     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 191     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 405     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody catch his quote on radio today.

He claims he debated George smitherman 109 times.

Is that even remotely true?

That's the second time I have heard him throw around that number. It sure is less ambiguous than some of the other "statistics" he throws around, but I'm sure he is stretching the term "debate" for this one.

That's the second time I have heard him throw around that number. It sure is less ambiguous than some of the other "statistics" he throws around, but I'm sure he is stretching the term "debate" for this one.

pretty sure the mouthbreather he has no idea what it means, like most words.

Rob Ford's accuracy for statistics has been highly suspect for a long, long time. Simple fact is he pulls numbers out of his ass, with no basis in reality. There's no one to challenge him, so I guess he figures why not go for it. $1 billion in budget savings, hundreds of debates, 800 calls answered per day, the list is as long as your suspension of belief.

I would guess that the 109 "debates" refer to 109 "things" that both he and Smitherman were at together during the 2010 election campaign. I am sure one of his 20-year-old Senior Policy Advisors spent a week Googling and came up with that number.

Last edited:
Rob Ford's accuracy for statistics has been highly suspect for a long, long time. Simple fact is he pulls numbers out of his ass, with no basis in reality. There's no one to challenge him, so I guess he figures why not go for it. $1 billion in budget savings, hundreds of debates, 800 calls answered per day, the list is as long as your suspension of belief.

You can't forget out the whole "reduced the unemployment rate from 11% to 7%".

Campaign last about 300 days. Seems there was a debate every other day. 109 seems low to me ...

That length of the campaign is absurd. Should be 6 weeks like provincial and federal.

109 is a very specific number. I'm not saying it's accurate, but it might have been the number of all-candidates meetings that he attended, which is not the same as debates.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if he did that many "events" (broadly defined). As someone who started as an outsider with liw support, he had a lot to gain from showing up as much possible. Of course, now that he's an incumbent, he wants not part of anything that puts him in the same room as a a challenger or non-servile media (ie. has he given more than two minutes to any journalist not named LeDrew or Warmington in the last... forever?).

I'd say "typical politician", but, as the Fords are fond of telling us, they aren't politicians. They just askbfor votes, enjoy the perks of office, have a Messiah complex, and spew non-stop lies... Actually, I'm beginning to think thay they may be politicians after all.

I'm starting to fear, despite the chatter to the contrary (here and elsewhere) that the other shoe is not going to drop today.

Let's also consider something else: w/o Ainslie, the number of exec-committee-able toadies on Council has been cut to the quick. And imagine if there's a net loss of any of *those* through defeat, retirement, whatever in '14...

The Fords need fellow travellers, by any means possible. They're desperate: this means last-resort-of-the-scoundrel political liquidation, assassination, war, etc. By means of robocall or *ahem* anything else.

As for Lisi, he has to be regretting his friendship with Ford, who has been tailed by police and had to have brought them to Lisi’s door, many times over.

Help out a friend in need, and look what it gets you.

The cops showed up and busted him for drug trafficking, but neglected to pull over the mayor and shake him down on any of the occasions when they surveilled him driving away from Lisi’s place.

Why didn’t they? Were they afraid of finding something?

http://thestar.blogs.com/thefixer/2013/10/playing-on-rob-fords-team-can-get-you-cut-or-busted.html

I'm starting to fear, despite the chatter to the contrary (here and elsewhere) that the other shoe is not going to drop today.

OOC, how long does it take to arrest someone who is not at risk of flight? Let's just say that a warrant was produced this morning, how long before they act on it? I'm guessing they are giving him a chance to turn himself in before going to his house for a visit.

Yeah, looks like a giant pile of crap. I mean they could do something tonight but my faith in certain sources is fading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back