223     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 218     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The standard for media personalities in North American cities like ours is painfully low.

Heather Mallick and Rossie diManno, for example, have no business being anywhere near a large newspaper spouting their hateful illogical conservative drivel. When you consider the likes of Levy, Levant, and Wente, it gets downright depressing.

The fact that all of the above consider themselves principled freedom promoters just makes it all the more disgusting.

We're in danger of thread drift here but I doubt anybody thinks of Mallick as conservative. Illogical, for sure.

Perhaps you were thinking of Blatchford? Illogical and conservative?

Nope, Mallick: she has argued, for example, that a judge should be destituted because naked pictures of her surfaced. She has made other equally ridiculous and inherently conservative (and yes, illogical) arguments over the years.

I can't find the quote now but I'm pretty sure I read something once where someone from 1010 acknowledged that exact fact - and agrees that the show will have to come to an end once the election begins.

The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission says that political candidates in the midst of a campaign must not be given a privileged platform such as a radio show. Once the Fords file their paperwork to run, which they have vowed to do next January for the election in Oct. 2014, they will need to step away from the mic. But if they postpone their registration until the last possible moment, in September, there may be little that opponents can do.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-fords-broadcast-their-views/article12290417/

That law is stupid since he's an incumbent mayor so even if he doesn't register until sept. Its well assumed he's running.

That law is stupid since he's an incumbent mayor so even if he doesn't register until sept. Its well assumed he's running.

All campaigning must be paid by Ford's campaign fund, and as such his show is off limits due to it being a private endeavour paid for by the Fords and 1010.

The rules need to be clarified specifically in regards to fridge magnets.

Just change "Mayor" to "Re-Elect" and show paper that they are being paid for by the re-election fund, and posted properly like all election material.

Last edited:

He's already publicly stated as much on numerous occasions.

I can't find the quote now but I'm pretty sure I read something once where someone from 1010 acknowledged that exact fact - and agrees that the show will have to come to an end once the election begins.

I am not sure, but I think that the show "The City" was around 4 years ago. What happened them?

The other question is whether any politician should be allowed to post a column in a newspaper - that is an unfair advantage as well. Unfortunately, it appears that all politicians are in the grey, when the rules are not black and white.

I heard back from one of my TPS sources. People working in any capacity with the TPS are to not talk about this case regardless of how little they know -- not in conversation with friends or even in a speculative manner. After all the leaks this past week, the Chief is cracking the whip. So I guess I -- and likely members of the media -- no longer have TPS insider info going forward.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but if no arrests are made and no statement is given that clears up Ford's involvement in Projects Traveller and Brazen II then even the most rational person is going to have a lot of reasons to be suspicious about the police. That said, I do want to make it clear that I have no reason to believe there's a coverup and I strongly believe that Detective Sgt. Giroux is investigating the Mayor with the intention of charging him.

I heard back from one of my TPS sources. People working in any capacity with the TPS are to not talk about this case regardless of how little they know -- not in conversation with friends or even in a speculative manner. After all the leaks this past week, the Chief is cracking the whip. So I guess I -- and likely members of the media -- no longer have TPS insider info going forward.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but if no arrests are made and no statement is given that clears up Ford's involvement in Projects Traveller and Brazen II then even the most rational person is going to have a lot of reasons to be suspicious about the police. That said, I do want to make it clear that I have no reason to believe there's a coverup and I strongly believe that Detective Sgt. Giroux is investigating the Mayor with the intention of charging him.

As unfortunate as it is for us speculators, I guess it makes sense that they might want to avoid anyone throwing their evidence over the side of the boat. With that said, is it safe to say that the only definitive timeline at the moment is the police trying to make significant developments happen before the warrants are unsealed?

Edit: and as per anyone's media sources, is there still a good likelihood that the bulk of the info will actually be unredacted?

Last edited:
I am not sure, but I think that the show "The City" was around 4 years ago. What happened them?

The other question is whether any politician should be allowed to post a column in a newspaper - that is an unfair advantage as well. Unfortunately, it appears that all politicians are in the grey, when the rules are not black and white.

I don't know if it was around 4 years ago, I do know that it was hosted by Councillor Matlow before he was forced off to give it to the Fords.

As unfortunate as it is for us speculators, I guess it makes sense that they might want to avoid anyone throwing their evidence over the side of the boat. With that said, is it safe to say that the only definitive timeline at the moment is the police trying to make significant developments happen before the warrants are unsealed?

Edit: and as per anyone's media sources, is there still a good likelihood that the bulk of the info will actually be unredacted?

Yes. It should be a matter of time based on the Ontario Superior Court press ruling on the Via Rail bombing attempt suspects. Don't know the TL but it should be fairly soon.

Yes. It should be a matter of time based on the Ontario Superior Court press ruling on the Via Rail bombing attempt suspects. Don't know the TL but it should be fairly soon.

This is what I was thinking also. The VIA bomb suspect ruling was very significant because the judge in that case ruled that wire-taps could be made public which was contrary to the ruling by the judge overseeing the project traveler case. When the VIA ruling came out legal observers felt that the decision of the judge in the project traveler case would be overturned meaning that we could learn what was on the wire-taps. They won't remain forever out of reach of the public (like the disputed 911 tape!).

I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but immediately after the ruling in the VIA case came out the dynamic seemed to suddenly change in the Ford story. Suddenly police were making arrests of Lisi and the dry-cleaner. Suddenly information was being leaked by the police to the press about aerial surveillance of Ford and an impending arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back