152     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 331     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 689     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's rather interesting to watch the video stream of the mayor's show today. During commercials his staff come into the studio and talk to him in a rather animated way. Rob seems to be bothered by something. Massoudi looks like he's upset, too. http://www.newstalk1010.com/

WOW - Five minutes ago, he felt he had to inform people because they didn't have to ability to find out how councillors vote. Going to commercial right now, Rob discovered Google......... I don't know what to say......

I'm talking one for the team, listening to Rob/Doug. They have already put down Councillor Davis, now they're working on the Robocalls. This is painful.

Listening to their totally transparent ass-kissing of Councillor Leon, whom they voted against for the Ward 3 appointment on Thursday, was painful.

Just a second ago: "(Robocalls) should be standard operating procedure"

Please tell us all of these prior rumours of an imminent arrest of Ford with a specific date. I have seen nothing of the type and I've been monitoring all of this very closely since the beginning. Yes, there have been a few Twitter shysters, but they were quickly outed at the time.

I am pretty sure now there will be MAJOR development in Rob Ford crack fiasco tomorrow

Came from @RayHeard 16 hours ago

This is probably the most credible we've seen so far. And MM's awol TPS informants make the situation that much more curious. Still wouldn't hold my breath though.

Last edited:
Came from @RayHeard 16 hours ago

This is probably the most credible we've seen so far. And MM's awol TPS informants make the situation that much more curious. Still wouldn't hold my breath though.

I meant that I had seen nothing of the type until yesterday. The point is this kind of build up has been unprecedented in the crack scandal so far. That said, if nothing comes to pass, meh.

The person who called in to the RoFoDoFo show to point out how Rob & Doug are misleading the public about how LRTs would rip up the roads was quickly put on mute while they both went off on a tangent having nothing to do with the caller's point. Unreal.

Pardon my immaturity for giggling at Doug's comment, with respect to Rob's apparent bullying: "You're Mr. Softy down there." *snicker*

I specifically addressed the stuff about Ford being honest not long ago - I think he has been dishonest about his personal issues, but incredibly honest and transparent about his political opinions and decisions in office

[video=youtube;_vCpKUNRBEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vCpKUNRBEw[/video]

ROTFL.gif

Dishonest or incompetent? Your pick.

The person who called in to the RoFoDoFo show to point out how Rob & Doug are misleading the public about how LRTs would rip up the roads was quickly put on mute while they both went off on a tangent having nothing to do with the caller's point. Unreal.

Pardon my immaturity for giggling at Doug's comment, with respect to Rob's apparent bullying: "You're Mr. Softy down there." *snicker*

They spent more time attacking the credibility of anyone who makes the pro-LRT argument than they did refuting the caller with any facts.

...and apparently the reason Matlow voted against the subway was because he has 4 subway stations in his ward and Scarborough has a total of 3.

From Wikipedia: Raymond Heard (born 1935) is a Canadian-South African journalist, editor, media executive and political strategist. He is President of Toronto-based Heard-Cosgrove Communications, whose clients include some of Canada's largest companies. He is a contributor to Canada's National Post and appears on the CTV, Global and Sun News networks as a political pundit.

Another question: how do we know if this is his real Twitter account? It isn't certified, and his profile picture if you click on it is a PICTURE of his picture!

Also explore some of his other tweets, they seem a little... odd. That said, it seems that he would have been the first to suggest that the crack video is a left wing conspiracy, so to hear him say that Ford will be arrested soon is a bit reassuring.

While signing off today, Doug Ford:

"Well Rob, you see what happens this week when you hold people accountable."

Yes, yes we will.

Alright, let the real show begin.

T'would appear that Robbie, on the weekly circle jerk, stated that the 2014 tax increase will be 1.75%, that's including the subway tax.

Well, I thought that the first year of the faze in was .5%, followed by .5% in 2015, and .6% in 2016. This would mean that Robbie is increasing property tax by 1.25% without anything for subways.

Oh yah, Robbie agrees with a Relief Line, but not until a Sheppard & Finch subways are done.​

Another question: how do we know if this is his real Twitter account? It isn't certified, and his profile picture if you click on it is a PICTURE of his picture!

Also explore some of his other tweets, they seem a little... odd. That said, it seems that he would have been the first to suggest that the crack video is a left wing conspiracy, so to hear him say that Ford will be arrested soon is a bit reassuring.

I've questioned this myself. He tweets a lot about riding his bike around topless, but he's followed by a bunch of credible tweeters, so dunno.

The key is "believe it was real". Had they said "know it was real", that would be different.

Do you understand how reporting and journalism works? Rather - do you understand how english works?

You can't "know" something unless you have a first-hand account of it, or there are enough first-hand sources to corroborate something. You "believe" something when it fits everything you "know" to be real, and there is no reason to feel something is fake. So if you know what Rob Ford looks like and sounds like, and you see a video that clearly shows that man you "know" in it, you believe it to be real. Without having been there, you can't "know" it to be real. The second the reporters say "We know the video is real", they will be held to account for how they know it - IE, how do they know - were you there? Did they see it being taken? No? Then how do you know it's real? Not to mention, if it does turn out to be an incredibly good fake, you can get into quite a lot of legal trouble for saying something was real when it wasn't.

All of that being said, that isn't reason to believe it IS fake - It's just to explain why they make a linguistic distinction between believe/know. We rely on second-hand information all the time, and we rely on journalists constantly to tell us things accurately so that we can come to "know" the things that otherwise we couldn't - and this is no different. Whether or not you trust said journalists is up to you, and that's generally what the issue/question is when people talk about the video. The entirety of the Fords' rebuttal to the video is "Don't trust the source! Don't trust the source! Look over here, don't pay attention to them!"

Good point.

Well he is followed by many other credible journalists. For the real Ray Heard not to tell them that the guy using his name is a fake is unlikely. If he didn't, it could really hurt his reputation. My bets are that it's real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back