142     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 325     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 687     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to put together a robocall campaign to all of Ford's supporters to let them know that he just voted to burn $85m and put the city on the hook for what will end up being well over $1bn. Why? So he could LITERALLY build a Gravy Train.

How much would it cost? What legalities would be involved? Ford said that this should be "Standard Operating Procedure". Let's watch him squeal like a pig as he gets a taste of his own medicine.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to put together a robocall campaign to all of Ford's supporters to let them know that he just voted to burn $85m and put the city on the hook for what will end up being well over $1bn. Why? So he could LITERALLY build a Gravy Train.

How much would it cost? What legalities would be involved? Ford said that this should be "Standard Operating Procedure". Let's watch him squeal like a pig as he gets a taste of his own medicine.

Great point. Ford said it cost a couple of hundred bucks.

Ray Heard used to have cred. No longer. He sits at home and trolls working journalists' and politicians' tweets. He is also right wing but pretends to be liberal. He currently appears mostly on Sun News -- which should tell you something. Yes, I know him personally, and have for a long long time.
How credible would you say his 'inside information' was, then? Would he still have sources inside TPS?

It's the real Ray Heard. Like I said above ...

I wrote a post out but I think I forgot to hit post...

Part of me thinks he's just trolling. One of his recent posts says "I am nominating @ezralevant for National Newspaper Award for deconstructing greedy eco-maniac Suzuki. Who will second?" - seems like the king of guy who'd want to mess with the heads of the anti-ford camp, see what kind of a mess he can stir up.

Ray Heard used to have cred. No longer. He sits at home and trolls working journalists' and politicians' tweets. He is also right wing but pretends to be liberal. He currently appears mostly on Sun News -- which should tell you something. Yes, I know him personally, and have for a long long time.

Alright, I'm convinced this is all hogwash now. Goodnight and happy thanksgiving!

Yeah, I was having that funny feeling about Ray Heard, too. As for...

The amount I judge a politician based on his personal proclivities is directly related to things that my own character either would or wouldn't allow me to do. I'm no saint, so a lot of things fall into the "if I was in his position, who knows?" category. The things Rob Ford and his brother get into fall so far outside that scale that anyone who can still support him knowing what they know makes me very suspect about what they get into themselves.

Well, CowboyLogic was particularly, uh, "superengaged" re the subject of Jack Layton's rub'n'tug incident, if that says anything.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there are no people on UT that depend on Daddie's money, like Robbie does. We will just have to see if the robocalls can be traced back to a usable phone number.

Is this true? I could've sworn I did a fast search and didn't find anything. If that's the case then I'll have to agree that he's lost all credibility. I suspected as much, but didn't find proof. Usually when people say they don't mind what politicians get up to in their private lives, they mean THEIR politicians.

Well, CowboyLogic was particularly, uh, "superengaged" re the subject of Jack Layton's rub'n'tug incident, if that says anything.[/QUOTE]

My TPS sources are suspiciously quiet today. None of them have answered my messages which is uncharacteristic. Usually if they can't say something, they just say so. I'm getting the feeling that something is about to go down.

I think that nothing will happen this holiday weekend. Cops are quiet? Don't they have families to attend to?

Last edited:

I was thinking the same. Maybe a robocall campaign informing people in Etobicoke of the true costs ($40 a year for the next 30 years?) of a subway they'll never use above what an LRT would have cost, or maybe robocalls accompanying his scandals - "Rob Ford was stumbling drunk and incoherent on the Danforth last Friday. He appears to have driven himself there in that condition. He refuses to answer any questions on the matter, deflecting them by asking "Anything Else?" Is this behaviour acceptable to you in a Mayor?"

I don't know the decision process in the Mayor's circle, but the rapid vindictiveness displayed here when he felt slighted by Ainslie might illuminate how they reacted when the learned news of the drug recording. Call the Robocall guys, or call Price and Lisi, in both cases acting like thugs.

Citynews has a pretty tasty interview with RoFo regarding the Robocalls.

I actually cannot understand how anyone takes this man seriously or believes a single word he says. It boggles the mind. Such a bully. He is Mayor Tommy Shanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back