News   Jul 12, 2024
 325     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 684     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious question?

What will you do if nothing happen today?

What if nothing happens this week?
Next week?

How many times you think you will allow yourself to get taken by these rumours?

Last thing I'll say on this board...

I don't think I've avoided or ignored any points before. The thing is, every time I posted here, there would be multiple responses to me, so I had to be selective. If I responded to every thing, my posts would be even more long-winded and I would waste all my time. Not to mention that a lot of the time I will address something, only for it to come up a couple weeks later again (such as this bag "tax" stuff), so I'm obviously not going to respond to it again. I specifically addressed the stuff about Ford being honest not long ago - I think he has been dishonest about his personal issues, but incredibly honest and transparent about his political opinions and decisions in office - and if you look in my posts from a week ago, you'll see this response. I've also tried to directly respond to the instances where I'm proven wrong, and I've done that multiple times. There's definitely a bit of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" thing going on here for pro-Ford posters, and I don't know if its possible to not come across as a troll to some people here.

Anyway, at this point, I'm talking more about myself than I am about anything else. Like I said, I like discussing politics and I'm not doing that. Peace out!

Curious question?

What will you do if nothing happen today?

What if nothing happens this week?
Next week?

Curiouser question: When will the Ford camp start answering questions honestly?

It might make those rumours go away, as people will be less likely to wonder WTF is going on.

Last edited:

What rumours?

Multiple media outlets confirm they saw the crack video. All 4 major Toronto papers (6 if you count 24 and Metro) have commented they believe it was real.

Surely Rob Ford's illicit drug use is well beyond rumour.

What rumours?

Multiple media outlets confirm they saw the crack video. All 4 major Toronto papers (6 if you count 24 and Metro) have commented they believe it was real.

Surely Rob Ford's illicit drug use is well beyond rumour.
The key is "believe it was real". Had they said "know it was real", that would be different.

I'm talking one for the team, listening to Rob/Doug. They have already put down Councillor Davis, now they're working on the Robocalls. This is painful.

I'm not talking about the crack video.

I'm talking about these rumors every week that he's going down today tommorow now next week!

Nothing happens and rinse and repeat each week

I'm talking about these rumors every week that he's going down today tommorow now next week!
Ah, but you said "falling for those rumours".

I haven't seen a lot of evidence here that people suddenly all believe that Rob Ford is going to get arrested tonight during his Thanksgiving Dinner. If so, there'd have been a flurry of "It's about Time", "Finally", and "I hope that philandering, wife-beating, child-abuser takes it up the ass tonight while trussed up like a turkey at the Don Jail".

It looks to be more reporting of what rumours are floating around, than any particular belief in them.

Ah, but you said "falling for those rumours".

I haven't seen a lot of evidence here that people suddenly all believe that Rob Ford is going to get arrested tonight during his Thanksgiving Dinner. If so, there'd have been a flurry of "It's about Time", "Finally", and "I hope that philandering, wife-beating, child-abuser takes it up the ass tonight while trussed up like a turkey at the Don Jail".

It looks to be more reporting of what rumours are floating around, than any particular belief in them.

Yup. I'm not holding my breath. I'll just be monitoring Twitter a little closer

Nothing happens and rinse and repeat each week

Please tell us all of these prior rumours of an imminent arrest of Ford with a specific date. I have seen nothing of the type and I've been monitoring all of this very closely since the beginning. Yes, there have been a few Twitter shysters, but they were quickly outed at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back