1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 394     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to your metaphor, you don't know what a metaphor is. I love the new building, that has nothing to do with the ford scandal. Being called a crack head, and getting a building turned into a new beautiful building, please connect the dots for me I'm not seeing it.

And that, my friends, is that is the sound of Adma's jimmies being ruffled.

Last edited:
I guess you must be raging like mad at the huge debt the federal conservatives have saddled everybody in this country with. I want to see which province you will move to, to escape that debt.

Dude's an idiot, but you're feeding a half-truth now. You can blame the Conservatives for lots of things, but their economic policy through the Great Recession has been very strong -- much lower deficits, much lower debt/GDP than just about every other OECD country -- Australia might be an exception.

Dude's an idiot, but you're feeding a half-truth now. You can blame the Conservatives for lots of things, but their economic policy through the Great Recession has been very strong -- much lower deficits, much lower debt/GDP than just about every other OECD country -- Australia might be an exception.

Didn't we not have a deficit to begin with before the Conservatives cut some taxes to appease their base? True, the recession plays a large role, but we entered it fiscally weaker than we should have been. I personally don't know what effects the federal cuts will have at some point.

Rink Rat calling me an idiot lol, I did that when I was a teen dude, how old are you now, do you have a career or life plan, or do you plan to mooch of public funds by moving nets, shoveling snow, emptying garbage, and picking up tape out of dressing rooms for the rest of your life? You want to attack personal character by calling me an idiot, you should take a look at your life before doing so. Your job is meant for teenagers.

Just because I vote Ford as Mayor, does not mean I vote federal conservative, why is that a common conclusion. Did you guys not see the other 3 candidates last mayoral vote???

I should have trusted my instincts and left my pic up instead of responding to a certain posted request.

View attachment 17378

With all due respect Tee, I am not a troll. Trolls attack people personally, or ignore what the person says and replies with completely different responses. I've been on topic my entire debate, there have actually been quite a few people trolling me because of my difference of opinion. I never said anything personal to anyone unless it was in response to their rude remark, in which yes I have made a couple snide remarks myself in response. I am far from a troll though, I'm sorry you don't agree with my point of view about a city-wide issue. I thought discussion was for both sides, not only one. If this topic was labeled "Mayor Rob Ford Crack Scandal" I wouldn't have replied to it at all and let the hate fest build there, but this is a general discussion about Ford where I happen to be at a difference of opinion at this point in time, please respect my point of view. I respect your point of view even though I don't believe it, so maybe do the same, have some love.

Last edited:
Rink Rat calling me an idiot lol, I did that when I was a teen dude, how old are you now, do you have a career or life plan, or do you plan to mooch of public funds by moving nets, shoveling snow, emptying garbage, and picking up tape out of dressing rooms for the rest of your life? You want to attack personal character by calling me an idiot, you should take a look at your life before doing so. Your job is meant for teenagers.

Just because I vote Ford as Mayor, does not mean I vote federal conservative, why is that a common conclusion. Did you guys not see the other 3 candidates last mayoral vote???

Careful now, you know nothing about Riverdale Rink Rat, and escalation on your part will do no good to any further discussion. As for your vote for Ford, the last three candidates were piss-poor, but so is Ford. I'll holding out hope for a much better candidate who would run this city rather than campaign 24-7.

Careful now, you know nothing about Riverdale Rink Rat, and escalation on your part will do no good to any further discussion. As for your vote for Ford, the last three candidates were piss-poor, but so is Ford. I'll holding out hope for a much better candidate who would run this city rather than campaign 24-7.

He said his words I said mine, that's part of life, I'm not double posting about it so drop it and if you want to center out negative comments, go back a few pages and quote all the people talking shit about me and see that I never said anything rude to them and some still didn't reply to to not escalate the hate.

Yes, but out of the 4 possibilities, Ford was the best bet, he had a bigger voice and stronger campaign. If there is another candidate that is more appealing than Ford, people won't hesitate to vote for him/her, but as it stands Ford is the most appealing. Karen Stintz for mayor is a huge no-no, the anti-ford group should focus on a new candidate to challenge him, instead of focusing on 3 month old allegations and hoping that works. Constant name bashing can only go so far when there is nothing new, and the general population that are in the middle of the issue are going to vote for him anyway cause there's been nothing else.

I do agree with you on the part about running the city instead of campaigning 24/7, but the media is making it easier for Ford to campaign by dragging on these allegations. People know his name, they see him and want to talk to him, pictures with him, all that stuff. The more the media keeps his name inside the paper without any further evidence instead of maybe showing what other future candidates have been up to, the more he will continue to walk around like a rock star.

He's a Chief of Staff not an "assistant".

According to the story he didn't publicly tell Ford to go to Rehab, he told him directly because Ford was acting irrationally. At that time he was fired and THEN a source related the events to all three media organizations. Also, at the same time Rob's people were scouring the city looking for the imaginary tape and sources relate that Rob told staff not to worry because they knew where it was. Those staff members (one with an incredibly shady background and criminal convictions) are now under investigation by the TPS.

But it's all a fabrication by thestar.

You didn't address my other point though - if your story is more accurate why didn't Rob just explain the misunderstanding to everybody? That's what I and most rational people would do.

As for Ford not publicly stating that it was a misunderstanding, all publicity is good publicity, especially when you've done nothing wrong. So from my point of view, believing that he is innocent, if he continues to not address the issue (he called it ridiculous from day 1 which is not ignoring it) and just let the stories ride out, when everything finally comes out and let's say it's Pot or there is no video, he won major brownie points for not only his current support, but even for a lot of his non-supporters.

I'm going to continue to wait out this scandal with my beliefs in hand and if you don't agree and want to show me other wise please show me some light instead of hate.

Last edited:
According to your metaphor, you don't know what a metaphor is. I love the new building, that has nothing to do with the ford scandal. Being called a crack head, and getting a building turned into a new beautiful building, please connect the dots for me I'm not seeing it.

jaw-droppingly-funny.jpg

jawdrop-300x224.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philistinism

http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Miscellaneous/ltmi_034.mp3

Methinks HaveLove has just won the booby prize for being the most hilariously tasteless UT poster, *ever*.

Point proven, case closed!

jaw-droppingly-funny.jpg

jawdrop-300x224.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philistinism

http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Miscellaneous/ltmi_034.mp3

Methinks HaveLove has just won the booby prize for being the most hilariously tasteless UT poster, *ever*.

Point proven, case closed!

Lol, I just looked at the wiki link. I'm sorry I'm not a group-thinker and can form my opinion, maybe one day you will think for yourself too. :)

Little blurb from your wiki and I can't help but think you are actually not human and you have just confirmed we live in a world with two kinds of people.

A full-grown person whose interests are of a material and commonplace nature, and whose mentality is formed of the stock ideas and conventional ideals of his or her group and time. I have said “full-grown” person because the child or the adolescent who may look like a small philistine is only a small parrot mimicking the ways of confirmed vulgarians, and it is easier to be a parrot than to be a white heron. “Vulgarian” is more or less synonymous with “philistine”: the stress in a vulgarian is not so much on the conventionalism of a philistine, as on the vulgarity of some of his conventional notions. I may also use the terms “genteel” and “bourgeois”. Genteel implies the lace-curtain refined vulgarity, which is worse than simple coarseness. To burp in company may be rude, but to say “excuse me” after a burp is genteel, and thus worse than vulgar. The term bourgeois I use following Flaubert, not Marx. Bourgeois, in Flaubert’s sense, is a state of mind, not a state of pocket. A bourgeois is a smug philistine, a dignified vulgarian…generally speaking, philistinism presupposes a certain advanced state of civilization, where, throughout the ages, certain traditions have accumulated in a heap and have started to stink.[4]

Last edited:
As for Ford not publicly stating that it was a misunderstanding, all publicity is good publicity, especially when you've done nothing wrong. So from my point of view, believing that he is innocent, if he continues to not address the issue (he called it ridiculous from day 1 which is not ignoring it) and just let the stories ride out, when everything finally comes out and let's say it's Pot or there is no video, he won major brownie points for not only his current support, but even for a lot of his non-supporters.

Sure... being linked to a crack scandal is AWESOME publicity. Do you know what's even better publicity? Refuting potential scandal with an alternate truthful version that absolves you of criminal liability. You should apply to be on Ford's crisis management team. They need people like you because the senior staff have literally run from that office. Both communications people quit on the exact same day and did you know one worked formerly for the TPS? Three guesses as to what that might mean.

and just let the stories ride out, when everything finally comes out and let's say it's Pot or there is no video, he won major brownie point

If it's just pot why not admit it? Especially since he now admits that he's smoked "a lot of weed". Also, the problem isn't JUST the drugs - but also that his statements (assuming the video is real) indicate he's a hateful, idiotic, racist homophobe. Odd seeing as he's the mayor of one the world's most diverse cities.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I'm not a group-thinker and can form my opinion, maybe one day you will think for yourself too

In order to not be a "group thinker" you must:

1: Debate complex news stories without knowing many of the reported facts
2: Be unwilling to make inferences based on mountains of circumstantial evidence - hold tightly to the idea that the world is black and white
3: Call all news stories critical of the Mayor unsubstantiated rumour, even when such stories come from multiple sources
4: Offer alternate explanations for Ford's behaviour which have absolutely no evidence, real or circumstantial
5: Ignore completely the fact the Police are investigating individuals close to the Mayor

You are pretty adamant for a guy who proudly declared they stopped following the story months ago -- then whined and moaned about how it's the same story being repeated -- and also believes it was one reporter who saw the video.

I'm so sick of the idiocy of ford nation.

Didn't we not have a deficit to begin with before the Conservatives cut some taxes to appease their base? True, the recession plays a large role, but we entered it fiscally weaker than we should have been. I personally don't know what effects the federal cuts will have at some point.

The Conservatives cutting of the GST was pandering to their base, no doubt. But it was marginal/immaterial to the fiscal crisis, which came... 2(?) years later.

Canada's position is largely due to choices (some just lucky) by previous governments. The Cons' economic policy is to sell out our natural resources to anybody willing to pay, and to force more and more of the rest of us to work crappy jobs with few/no benefits and shit pay that don't even give the hours needed to support oneself. Economic disparity (and all the suffering that goes with it) is on the rise and both the Cons and Liberals (and now, the NDP) all adopt the same neoliberal outlook that supports the wholesale looting of the world's economy by ultra-wealthy sociopaths. The recession is part of an ongoing crisis that has not and will not end because that's what our leaders want, despite what the many Economic Action Plan ads we pay for and our corperate shill mainstream media have been telling us. The papers at least still have some decent investigative reporters regardless of the degree of their publication's political slant to go after relatively local thugs, like the Fords.

If you make less than 100k a year, there are no politicians in a position of power that view you as anything other as a resource to be sold or consumed, or convinced of their lies. Choosing any of these parties over another is at best an excersize in delaying the inevitible, but pretending that the Cons' economic policies have been "strong" for anything other than their pocketbooks is kind of... well, it's pretending. But most people are mislead into having these kinds of opinions by the aforementioned owned media because that's the narrative that suits them. That's why I don't really blame people who instantly misstrust the Ford crack story's truth, at least initially. Unfortunately it seems that skepticism doesn't extend to any other area of their lives, because they're willing to believe anything Team Ford says even when it flies completely in the face of established behaviour.

If Rob Ford was not captured on video smoking crack, then the first thing he should have done (and, I believe would have had this been the case, because seriously not even he would be that stupid, right?) would be to immediately say "I have never smoked crack, I don't smoke crack, and I'll take a blood or piss test right now to that effect." Then, the Star/Gawker would have been suitably shamed for making up such a crazy story and this all would have been wrapped up by the end of the first week.

Unfortunately, that never happened. Instead, Ford ran and hid while his attack-dog brother lashed out at anybody who dared to question them. And here we all, all this time later after mountains of supicious behaviour, mass firings of his staff, the revelation that most of the people Ford appears to associate with have run afowl of the law for hard drug and violence related offences, and of course Chief Bill Blair's utterly damning refusal to say wether the Mayor was being investigated by the police. Televised news has been doing a piss poor job of relating most of this information to people, but you'd have to be deliberately not paying attention or outright stupid to look at what's gone down and still somehow think Ford is just the victim of a conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back