1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 390     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about you respond to my arguments, rather than make weak comparisons to what you've read about cults.

On the topic of cults, how do you know that's what happened to the people who drank kool aid? Where you there? Did you see a video of the people dying rather than becoming gods? Or did you learn about it from the accounts of writers, journalists and others who documented what happened?

Because there are photos of a church full of dead bodies from those reporters. Where is the copy of the video, or even a script of what was heard on it? Why couldn't such a professional journalist write down word for word what was said on the video if he couldn't obtain a copy of it? Wouldn't that be "professional journalism"?

It's not about whether or not Ford is convicted of a crime, it's the fact that there is NO EVIDENCE of him doing a crime! Only hear-say. No pics no proof.

HaveLove, I don't think you should be using the word "cult" to describe people that are against Ford. After all, doesn't a cult need a leader? Who is leading the anti-Ford cult? It's safe to say Rob Ford is leading the pro-Ford cult. And talk about drinking the kool-aid. People worship that man as if he can do no wrong and has done no wrong and he will lead us into greatness. Sounds a little David Koresh-esque to me. But who is leading the so-called anti-Ford cult? Oh wait, I know. Reality is the leader. Accountability is the leader. Honesty is the leader. I don't think those three leaders are on the guest list to the pro-Ford cult meetings.

HaveLove, what's your explanation for this photo? What does it tell you when you look at it?
ford_photo_new.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

This quote is a good example of the transit ignorance that is displayed by many in the subways subways subways crowd, Scarborough has more GO Train stations than any other part of the GTA, if you want to get downtown faster then go talk to GO about running frequent all day service. Calling for billions of tax dollars to be blown on unneeded subways that will only save a few minutes just so Scarborough can be respected or a full citizen of the GTA or some other shallow soundbite is absolute nonsense and has nothing to do with transit, it's only done for the sole purpose of supporting Ford.

And I live in Scarborough, don't paint me or everyone else with that ignorance.

I'm not a "subways subways subways" crowd, I just like the idea of getting downtown in less than 1.5 - 2 hours. If there is a more cost-efficient way to bring faster transit from Scarborough to Downtown, maybe this is what should be told to the public and focused on instead of "FORD SMOKES CRACK.

Calling for Billions of tax dollars to be blown on electronic health records that still never happen, an emergency service that only cared about their big salaries, and cancelling two gas plants to save a couple seats, is the reason why there is not enough money to fund lots of things. Maybe Subways wouldn't be the best cost-efficient, but it is the best thing on the table at the moment.

HaveLove, I don't think you should be using the word "cult" to describe people that are against Ford. After all, doesn't a cult need a leader? Who is leading the anti-Ford cult? It's safe to say Rob Ford is leading the pro-Ford cult. And talk about drinking the kool-aid. People worship that man as if he can do no wrong and has done no wrong and he will lead us into greatness. Sounds a little David Koresh-esque to me. But who is leading the so-called anti-Ford cult? Oh wait, I know. Reality is the leader. Accountability is the leader. Honesty is the leader. I don't think those three leaders are on the guest list to the pro-Ford cult meetings.

I'm not saying it's cult-like to be against him, there's nothing wrong with being against a politician. It is cult like to claim that a video exists when there still isn't any more evidence then there wasn't to begin with, and then if somebody doesn't agree or questions the authenticity of the video, automatically this person is ostracized.

Has anybody even considered that he is probably just smoking some fucking weed and that it's not crack (if there is a video)? Like come on, they just all admitted in the papers about smoking weed a couple days ago. Is it still going to be a big deal if it turns out to be a little weed in a pipe?

HaveLove, what's your explanation for this photo? What does it tell you when you look at it?
ford_photo_new.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

I can tell you one thing for sure, this picture does NOT tell me that there is a video attached to it or related to it. It just looks like a couple thugs wanted a picture with the mayor to look cool. Unless this is supposed to be a frame grab of a video, if that's what it supposed to be, it's even more laughable.

Because there are photos of a church full of dead bodies from those reporters. Where is the copy of the video, or even a script of what was heard on it? Why couldn't such a professional journalist write down word for word what was said on the video if he couldn't obtain a copy of it? Wouldn't that be "professional journalism"?

It's not about whether or not Ford is convicted of a crime, it's the fact that there is NO EVIDENCE of him doing a crime! Only hear-say. No pics no proof.

Just because you haven't seen the evidence, doesn't mean we can't say it likely exists. The Toronto Star writers accounts of what Ford did and said were identical to that of John Cook from Gawker, who saw the video separately. I believe all three did report what Ford said with such similarity that it should be assumed that Ford said those things (homophobic slur towards Justin Trudeau, derogatory statements about the football players he coaches, etc)

Tell me, when you read a story in the newspaper, if it doesn't have a picture, I take it you don't believe what you've read? I mean, if there is no picture, there is no way to say something is true, right? The point of news reporters (and writers in general) is to see for us, and then write about what they saw.

Has anybody even considered that he is probably just smoking some fucking weed and that it's not crack (if there is a video)? Like come on, they just all admitted in the papers about smoking weed a couple days ago. Is it still going to be a big deal if it turns out to be a little weed in a pipe?
Ford's been arrested for pot possession before. We know his past. So, when the news of the video came out, why didn't Ford come out and say "yes, it's a video of me smoking weed, so what?". If it's not a big deal to smoke weed in a video, why did he MAKE it a big deal then? Why did former staffers quit if smoking a little weed isn't a big deal? Why are there investigations if all this is about is just a short little video of him smoking pot? Perhaps this is a big deal because there's more to it than just a video?

Just because you haven't seen the evidence, doesn't mean we can't say it likely exists. The Toronto Star writers accounts of what Ford did and said were identical to that of John Cook from Gawker, who saw the video separately. I believe all three did report what Ford said with such similarity that it should be assumed that Ford said those things (homophobic slur towards Justin Trudeau, derogatory statements about the football players he coaches, etc)

Tell me, when you read a story in the newspaper, if it doesn't have a picture, I take it you don't believe what you've read? I mean, if there is no picture, there is no way to say something is true, right? The point of news reporters (and writers in general) is to see for us, and then write about what they saw.

It's not hard to collaborate on a story, especially when money is involved. If these (still are) allegations come to light as fact, me like any other normal person would turn against the guy. But they are still allegations at this point, and until there is actually more evidence or a new twist in the story, there's no other way to word it, you can't just pretend it's not an allegation because you want it to be true.

You can't compare other articles in a newspaper, to an article that can ruin someone's life and image, especially if it's not true. Of course you have to question the authenticity when someone's character is at large.

Calling for Billions of tax dollars to be blown on electronic health records that still never happen, an emergency service that only cared about their big salaries, and cancelling two gas plants to save a couple seats, is the reason why there is not enough money to fund lots of things. Maybe Subways wouldn't be the best cost-efficient, but it is the best thing on the table at the moment.

I haven't seen any video or picture evidence of these scandals, so I can't believe they are real. (your logic)

Hey, I thought there was no video. But if one did exist, it's probably weed? Do most people smoke weed from a crack pipe (as reported by the Star and Gawker)

I haven't seen any video or picture evidence of these scandals, so I can't believe they are real. (your logic)

Hey, I thought there was no video. But if one did exist, it's probably weed? Do most people smoke weed from a crack pipe (as reported by the Star and Gawker)

Lol, when the scandal is about a video, then yes we need to see a video to prove it's existence. The Liberal scandals are all documented on their own documents. Where is Ford's copy of his own video? (your logic)

I don't believe there is a video of him smoking crack. If there is a video, it's probably weed is right, because just the other day he admitted he has "smoked a lot of pot" so chances are there is a video somewhere that does exist of him smoking pot (maybe it's the same video that would be a HUGE surprise lol). I'm sorry I'm not an expert on drug paraphernalia, I didn't know there was a difference between a crack pipe and a pipe for smoking weed, I thought a pipe was just a pipe. Thank's for the information, I'll be sure to do my home work on THAT one. :)

Last edited:
It's not hard to collaborate on a story, especially when money is involved.

So you're accusing Canada's largest circulation daily, and a New York based website of a criminal conspiracy. Do you have any evidence, hard, or circumstantial? You see, you might not have a video of John Cook and Kevin Donovan hatching this plan, but if you had enough circumstantial evidence, I might come to believe you. However, I'm guessing you have absolutely none, other than the weak premise that both organizations would risk their existence in order to get Ford.

Because we pay the same taxes as you do so we deserve access to the same stuff you do, and there is a lot more to do Downtown and a lot of beautiful things to see. I've lived in Scarborough all my life, I've already experienced everything here. The STC is the worst mall ever, mentioning the EC was just an example, walking around downtown on the streets is a good shopping experience too, but if your from Scarborough, shopping downtown is a field trip instead of a shopping trip.

Scarborough wants equality, not more privileges, don't get it twisted. :)

I'm not a "subways subways subways" crowd, I just like the idea of getting downtown in less than 1.5 - 2 hours. If there is a more cost-efficient way to bring faster transit from Scarborough to Downtown, maybe this is what should be told to the public and focused on instead of "FORD SMOKES CRACK.

No one will deny we are decades behind with rapid transit in this city and that Scarborough and other areas of Toronto need LRT/subway service however I really need to know, how does it take 1.5-2 hrs. to get downtown? I grew up and lived in Scarborough ("midtown" Scarborough), I head out on occasion to visit old friends, family and my grandmother's resting spot and it doesn't take me much more than 45 minutes to an hour to get to any of those places from Yonge & Wellesley.

So you're accusing Canada's largest circulation daily, and a New York based website of a criminal conspiracy. Do you have any evidence, hard, or circumstantial? You see, you might not have a video of John Cook and Kevin Donovan hatching this plan, but if you had enough circumstantial evidence, I might come to believe you. However, I'm guessing you have absolutely none, other than the weak premise that both organizations would risk their existence in order to get Ford.

I don't have any evidence it's just my ALLEGATION (just like Ford's allegations). But if the video comes out and it's pot in the video, then yes, that is proof that the Star and Gawker have a criminal conspiracy going on.

So your ignoring our other convo and jumping into the next attempt at trashing me? Silly rabbit, trix are for kids.

Lol, when the scandal is about a video, then yes we need to see a video to prove it's existence. The Liberal scandals are all documented on their own documents. Where is Ford's copy of his own video? (your logic)

I don't believe there is a video of him smoking crack. If there is a video, it's probably weed is right, because just the other day he admitted he has "smoked a lot of pot" so chances are there is a video somewhere that does exist of him smoking pot (maybe it's the same video that would be a HUGE surprise lol). I'm sorry I'm not an expert on drug paraphernalia, I didn't know there was a difference between a crack pipe and a pipe for smoking weed, I thought a pipe was just a pipe. Thank's for the information, I'll be sure to do my home work on THAT one. :)

Last edited:
Residents called the Mayor's office to complain about an increase in drug and crime activity in their area, and warn of something big that is going to go down. The person who called obviously wont want to be identified and have his/her name be confidential to avoid being a "rat" after the everything is done. The information is relayed to the police from the Ford's office to the police.

Sure that seems reasonable.. except the person from Ford's office that called the police was Ford's chief of staff who also told Ford he has to "go to rehab" and was soon after fired. Three papers including the Sun reported this from their reliable source which means they each independently had a(the) source that told them this (and thus was not "copy cat" reporting). Towhey for what it's worth has never publicly denied the words quoted to him (which someone like him would likely do if they were being incorrectly quoted). But of course you believe all three papers are capable of completely fabricating all of this so really I'm wasting my breath.

The strange thing though... if your completely reasonable story is true why wouldn't Ford just explain this to us instead of dodging the media for a week, shaving is head, saying "I don't smoke crack" and then refusing to give any further details? It's all a just big misunderstanding!!!

While viewing a video is the most literal way to prove something exists, if many other credible people find information that corroborates it exists, a reasonable person can make a judgement that something exists, even if they haven't seen it yet.

If you actually read the newspaper stories, they clearly mention that Ford was seen holding a crack pipe. There are also related stories that mention the difference between a crack pipe, and a pipe used for weed. If you're going to try to debate this issue, perhaps knowing something about what you're talking about would help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back