1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people are arrested every weekend in the entertainment district for being drunk in public? You'd think there'd be a dozen paddy wagons full of drunks. But no. Unless you're being violent or causing a major disturbance or whatever then I doubt cops give a rat's ass if you're drunk.

Paddy wagon? Seriously?

Off to your Orange Lodge, please.

this is a good summary of the violence (the silenced?) around rob ford, that we know of so far...

"Numerous people with connections to the Rob Ford crack cocaine allegations have been hurt and one man was murdered, but none of the incidents of violence have been definitively tied to the Mayor:

*March 22, 2012 - Scott MacIntyre, then 45, suffered a broken leg at the hands of another inmate about nine weeks after he confronted the mayor in his home about an alleged debt and threatened to kill him. No charges have been laid in the jailhouse assault.

*March 28, 2013 - Anthony Smith, 21, is killed and Muhammad Khattak, 19, wounded in a shooting on King St. W. Both men were pictured with a third man, Monir Kassim, 20, in a now notorious photo with the mayor that surfaced May 16 when a story broke about reporters allegedly seeing Rob Ford in a video smoking what was beleived to be crack cocaine in a pipe.

Khattak and Kassim were both also arrested during Project Traveller, a massive gun and drug investigation revealed by Toronto Police on June 13. The operation targetted the Dixon City Bloods, an Etobicoke street gang that Ford has been accused of socializing with and whose members were believed to have had the alleged crack video on a cellphone at one point.

Nisar Hashimi, 23, was arrested in Toronto on a first-degree murder rap in Smith's killing but the charge was later downgraded to manslaughter. He has since pleaded guilty and was sentenced to nine years.

Hanad Mohamed, 23, was arrested in Fort McMurray, Alta., on first-degree murder for Smith's shooting, but his charged was reduced to accessory after the fact.

*May 21 - a man forced his way into a home on Windsor Dr., the house where Ford was photographed with murder victim Anthony Smith, and assaulted a man and his girlfriend with a steel pipe. The male victim was identified as Fabio Basso, 45, an old high school pal of the mayor.

It's alleged the attacker had been to the home several times since the alleged crack video story broke looking for a young man who lived in the highrises of nearby Dixon Village.

Also on May 21, a man in his 20s was shot in his leg on the 17th floor of a highrise at Dixon Rd. and Kipling Ave., outside an apartment where it's believed the alleged crack video was once stored. The building was also targetted by cops in pre-dawn raids as part of Project Traveller.

*June 6 - Hanad Hussein, 25, fell from a six-storey apartment in Fort McMurray, Alta., the same apartment where Hanad Mohamed had lived. The Toronto man survived the fall, which happened two weeks after Mohamed's arrest in Smith's murder.

Hussein's family claims he was thrown from the balcony and that his wallet and iPhone disappeared.

*Aug. 2, the Toronto Sun learns Mohamed Siad, 27, was stabbed while in custody when other gang members wrongly blamed him for the heat coming down on them in Project Traveller because of the alleged crack video.. But Siad hasn't stopped shopping the video around since being swept up on 25 charges as part of the Project Traveller investigation -- he tried to use it as a get-out-of-jail- free card. He was later stabbed by a fellow inmate. No charges have been laid.

- Compiled by Chris Doucette "

http://drugpolicycentral.com/bot/xarticle/torontosun5036.htm

Last edited:
from http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/1g73wu/rob_ford_smokes_crack_graffiti_from_last_summer/...

"I came across this while sorting through my photos. It was taken last summer in an alley off Walnut Street, but I'm pretty sure it's since been painted over. Credible report or coincidence? Who can say?"

crack.jpg

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 383
Whether you are on the right or left politically, it's really long overdue that everyone in Toronto realizes that our mayor has serious mental health issues.

new details in Toronto Star article:

“A source close to Ford’s office said Saturday the mayor’s appearance at the festival was well planned. But Ford failed to show up at the appointed intersection, where his staff were going to give him a quick briefing.”

“Later, the aides reached Ford by phone and also saw Twitter reports that he was alone and talking to people a distance away.”

“They had to scramble, some by subway, to get to where he was,” the source said, noting a stretch of Danforth was closed for the festival.”

“Just last week, Carley McNeil, Ford’s events co-ordinator for the past 18 months, left city hall suddenly. Sources confirmed that she was fired.”

“McNeil was in charge of co-ordinating events such as Ford’s airport visit to welcome pandas from China and his awarding of a key to the city to boxing legend George Chuvalo.”

hi-ford-danforth1-4col.jpg

This is what happens when Rob Ford goes off leash and unmuzzled. We get the real Rob Ford. I hope he'll be fixed.

His handlers need to control Rob better.

silence-of-the-lambs-7.jpg

Attachments

• hi-ford-danforth1-4col.jpg
    hi-ford-danforth1-4col.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 334
  • silence-of-the-lambs-7.jpg
    silence-of-the-lambs-7.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
If Ford had any 'real' concerns for the citizens of Toronto he would be taking a leave of absence, at the very least. But, with the Ford's, it's not about the good governance of the city, but, instead, all about circling the wagons and protecting the Ford 'brand'. There's a whole lot of dysfunction in that family.

Even without his obvious substance abuse problem(s), he's never been capable of performing the duties of a Mayor. He simply lacks the intellect.

Last edited:
People with addiction issues are liars out of necessity. Their addiction is their main concern. Everything/one is secondary. Additionally, they are also highly manipulative We are all witnessing this via Rob Ford.

But, what I, and many others have learned is that we cannot get caught up in enabling their behaviour. Those who are doing just that for Ford need to stop.

The city isn't responsible for Rob Ford. Rob Ford is responsible for his own health. His family should be pushing him to remove himself from office.

My message to Rob Ford is, please get out of the way...we wish you well...but, we have a city to run.

Last edited:
It amuses me that Ford Nation's general defense of this most recent incident is something along the line of "Leave Rob alone! He was having fun and was the life of the party!!!"

It kind of shows their maturity level because I eventually hit a point in my life (maybe early 20's) where I (and the people I hung out with) no longer considered the incoherent imbecile the "life of the party"... we saw them as the "incoherent imbecile of the party". Ford supporters obviously aren't there yet.

This should really be put to Rob Ford: do you endorse and support the kind of response from the so-called "ford nation" that celebrates your publicly intoxicated behaviour, be it drugs and/or alcohol, with comments like, "so what if he does this, or is having a little fun, as long as keeps my taxes low..."?
In other words, is Rob Ford ready to own that personae that his "ford nation" is excusing or even approving of? Especially if it gets him more votes or popularity, does Rob Ford condone this kind of behaviour that some of his supporters hold up as being ok, or even attractive? Or does Rob Ford care to tell his supporters, no, please don't be my apologist for that kind of behaviour, it is not worthy of the mayoral office I hold, and it is not something I want to be championed as; it is not a good example for the very young, for instance, especially because I am in a very public and high office - therefore an example with a high profile. I don't want my substance abuse problems being held up by my supporters as "being ok, as long as taxes are low". Even if ford continues to choose to deny a substance abuse problem, he could at least tell those of his supporters who say it isn't a problem to be an addict as long as taxes are low, that that is wrong, and it is something he does not personally support, nor wishes to collect votes from.

I was at Taste of Danforth last night and was in exactly the Donlands & Danforth vicinity at dusk when this photo would have been taken. I'm not commenting on any of the other video or photos, but the empty stretch of street shown here did not exist last night. There was parking up and down both sides of pretty much every street and tons of people walking around, mixing in with the hundreds of cars in desperate search of parking space. There's no way he could have just pulled and found parking like that, nor would there have been a complete lack of other vehicles in the photos - anyone else who was there would tell you the same thing.

Pics are from Friday, not yesterday.

Friday was just as busy actually. There are photos in my thread in the City Photos and Videos section to prove it. It took us a good half hour to find parking. On another note, the final block of every side street both north and south of Danforth were blocked off for local traffic with police guarding the barriers. Ford could have easily been let in by police to park within that space....I can't picture him walking more than a block anyways.

Friday was just as busy actually....

...I can't picture him walking more than a block anyways.
The guy who posted the pic on his Twitter apparently live at Greenwood, which is a couple of blocks east of Donlands, which was basically the eastern of the the closed off Danforth. There wasn't parking around Greenwood either, but it's possible Friday was a little lighter for street parking. Doubtful considering it's busy every Friday night all summer long, but possible. There were no police barriers east of Donlands, though, so he wasn't "let in" to park in a blocked off area.

If that's where he parked, then he walked almost 3 blocks just to get to the east entrance. There is an Esso with Tim's at Greenwood, so the pics prove that he was at least that far east and no surprise why his entourage couldn't find him. If he has as much trouble finding parking as many others, it's no surprise he has an incoherent fool by the time he got out of the car, lol. Trying to navigate the cut off streets and one ways that steer you only further away or into loops that get you nowhere fast is a lesson in frustration and lots of drivers were foaming at the mouth by the time they got to park and walk around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back