1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, That demographic (under 25 ) has the lowest voter turn out. Either way it's fairly embarrassing for RoFo.

Yup. "Dude, Ford is the fucking best. Did you see him last night? He was hammered. He's so fucking funny! I'm voting for that guy for sure."

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.â€
― Winston Churchill

It's funny.....cause it's true (and you don't need all 5 minutes)

what do you think is being said in this photo?

BRRacRaCYAA4osC.jpg

Attachments

• BRRacRaCYAA4osC.jpg
    BRRacRaCYAA4osC.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 357
"Police and city staff joined the mayor about 30 minutes later. When they reached a convenience store at Donlands Avenue and Danforth Avenue, one of the mayor’s staff drove up in the black SUV the mayor had been standing outside earlier, according to Mala. Mala said the SUV stopped in front of the mayor, but the mayor did not get inside. Instead, he continued walking west, and the SUV followed."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...forth-gets-residents-talking/article13702870/

However, That demographic (under 25 ) has the lowest voter turn out. Either way it's fairly embarrassing for RoFo.

As someone who falls into that age group, trust me when I say that the fool he said that doesn't care enough about his city to walk to a polling station and vote for anyone.

From the Globe story:

She added that police “were swarming” Mr. Ford and covering “every inch of him” the whole time, only letting in people who had a camera and wanted a picture. There were about 25 people clamouring for a photo with the mayor, said Ms. Motakis.

Putting aside the possibility that Ford might have been drinking and driving last night one cannot deny the incredible star power that he has. I cannot think of any politician at any level of government in Canada who would get swarmed like a rock star in the way Ford does every time he appears in public. Not even pretty-boy Justin Trudeau can attract a mob of fans like this!

When Miller was Mayor I saw him in public a few times and never did you see members of the public trying to get pictures with him - of course with his arrogant and snobbish demeanor Miller was not someone who seemed approachable. Ford on the other hand loves nothing better than to be immersed in a crowd.

Last edited:
According to Wiki:

So why was Rob Ford let off free? He's not above the law.
How many people are arrested every weekend in the entertainment district for being drunk in public? You'd think there'd be a dozen paddy wagons full of drunks. But no. Unless you're being violent or causing a major disturbance or whatever then I doubt cops give a rat's ass if you're drunk.

How many people are arrested every weekend in the entertainment district for being drunk in public? You'd think there'd be a dozen paddy wagons full of drunks. But no. Unless you're being violent or causing a major disturbance or whatever then I doubt cops give a rat's ass if you're drunk.

Well if they didn't give a rats ass, I'd certainly love for TPS to explain why they needed 12 cops to surround the mayor when there was likely other more important business in the city. Just throw him in the back of the cop car and get to patrolling the streets.

There are plenty of cops at an event like Taste of the Danforth. Many of them are auxiliary. Most of the time they're standing off on the sidestreets looking at their cellphones. Wouldn't really be taking cops away from more important business if they tried to contain the freak show here.

Putting aside the possibility that Ford might have been drinking and driving last night one cannot deny the incredible star power that he has. I cannot think of any politician at any level of government who would get swarmed like a rock star in the way Ford does every time he appears in public. Not even pretty-boy Justin Trudeau can attract a mob of fans like this!

When Miller was Mayor I saw him in public a few times and never did you see members of the public trying to get pictures with him - of course with his arrogant and snobbish demeanor Miller was not someone who seemed approachable. Ford on the other hand loves nothing better than to be immersed in a crowd.

Umm... Peepers, have you thought about the possibility that it's not 'a picture with Ford' but 'a picture with the Mayor hammered out of his mind' that people want? It's not star power, man. It's the ROTFLMAO potential. These folks aren't taking a picture of Rob because he's Mayor. They're taking a picture of Rob because he's Mayor and a complete idiot.

Folks talked to Miller on the street all the time. Mayor Hall as well. But in neither case was it a media circus because they're serious people, not clowns.

If I saw Charles Manson on the street I'd want to have a photo taken with him. That doesn't mean I like him and support him. Though, his music is not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back