1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 409     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly it's a virtual office, used for legal and/or financial purposes. I used to investigate this stuff and I'd see this sort of thing all the time. Without accusing anyone of anything, I have to say that it's rare to find a virtual office that's being used for totally non-shady reasons, especially when it's just a random address like this (there are some corporate addresses that are more above-board, including a virtual office at 1 Yonge, home of the Star).

oh come on, all kinds of companies set up PO Boxes or home addresses for businesses just for optics. DECO can get business in Florida by having a mailing address there without an actual office (hard to get a printing contract in florida if your nearest american location is Chicago), and using someone's house is a lot easier than setting up an office space and staffing it with someone to accept packages + deliveries (which you can't do with just a PO box).

It doesn't mean there's nothing shady, but it's also a big stretch to assume it's something shady when all kinds of businesses do it for all kinds of legitimate reasons all the time.

Also notice that there is no Deco Labels & Tags registered in the state of Florida. They could be under a more generic "Deco Inc." moniker, but that would be kind of odd:

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResults/EntityName/deco%20l/Page1

EDIT: Took a quick look through all the "Deco LLC" and other one-name registrations, and could not find one that matched up with what we know about Deco L & T:

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResults/EntityName/deco/Page1

i don't think the florida location is a deco location now / anymore. the phone number listed is out of service. but, those charges happened over a decade ago. maybe deco was there then.

oh come on, all kinds of companies set up PO Boxes or home addresses for businesses just for optics. DECO can get business in Florida by having a mailing address there without an actual office (hard to get a printing contract in florida if your nearest american location is Chicago), and using someone's house is a lot easier than setting up an office space and staffing it with someone to accept packages + deliveries (which you can't do with just a PO box).

It doesn't mean there's nothing shady, but it's also a big stretch to assume it's something shady when all kinds of businesses do it for all kinds of legitimate reasons all the time.

See my previous reply to the PO Box comparison. All I can say is that I've seen this kind of song and dance before. The chances of this being all just a big misunderstanding are pretty slim at this point.

i don't think the florida location is a deco location now / anymore. the phone number listed is out of service. but, those charges happened over a decade ago. maybe deco was there then.

The records on that site go back to the late 1990s, at least. Also, defunct corporations still have to register their, uh, defunctness.

The mayor of your city was photographed with drug dealers who were later either killed or arrested, there is apparently a video of him engaging in illegal substance abuse in the company of drug dealers (which even more seriously as time goes by, appears to have been somehow made to disappear), and in the wake of it your mayor was cowering from the media and losing senior members of his office, and people are still talking about bunny suits from four years ago. Pity people and pity the city they live in if they think there is any equivalency there. We get what we deserve.

this article says it well...

The photo that gets more incriminating all the time

"When it comes to Rob Ford, and his relationship with the media, and his relationship with drugs, people seem more informed by faith than by facts.

[...]

Anyhow, forget the video for at least a moment. Think about the photograph. In the picture above, there are four men. One is dead, two are under arrest, and one is the mayor of Toronto.

[...]

There’s a house in the background: that’s 15 Windsor Road. None of the men in the photo live there. It is reported to be “notorious for drug problems.†A few days after the photo was published in the newspaper and online, two of its residents were beaten with a lead pipe by assailants who forced their way in, in an episode reportedly related to the publication of the photo. That house was also subject to a warrant in the massive Project Traveller drug and gang raids. One of the men who lives in the house, Fabio Basso, was a good friend of Rob Ford’s in high school.

The man who provided the photo—directly or indirectly—to the Toronto Star and Gawker is Mohamed Siad. He was arrested in those massive drug raids, too, charged with gun and drug trafficking and gang offences. After his arrest, he was stabbed in the Don Jail, and is now in protective custody. His association with the photo getting published reportedly provided the motive for his jailhouse stabbing.

So pretty much everyone and everything in the photo has a direct link to brutal violence and the gun and drug trades, or both. The setting, the person who is the source of the photo, all of the people in it. Except one: the mayor.

This raises some pretty serious questions that we might reasonably expect him to answer. So far he has refused to explain the circumstances in which the photo was taken, except to repeat that he takes photos with a lot of people. That’s true, and besides the point. Very few of the thousands of photos in which he poses raise any questions about criminal activity. This one does, and it was taken in the driveway of his friend Fabio’s house.

The circumstances of the many thousands of other photos in which he poses are often self-evident, or easy to understand. The circumstances of this one are not. The longer he remains silent, the more answers emerge from other sources, the more incriminating the picture seems.

One murder, two shootings, one stabbing, one home invasion and beating with a pipe, four arrests, many search warrants, and the mayor of Canada’s largest city.

Forget the video. The photo provides enough troubling questions on its own."

http://www.thegridto.com/blog-post/t...-all-the-time/

TTM:

I didn't say it was uncalled for - just that this is far more peripheral in terms of believability in comparison to the recent happenings in Toronto.

AoD

One also has to wonder why Ford has been to Florida so often during his time as mayor. There's the Disney trip, the time he ran away with his kids to Florida, that time he was mysteriously spotted at a Florida aiport. And the Star has apparently been doing some digging down there as well. Just something to consider.

One also has to wonder why Ford has been to Florida so often during his time as mayor. There's the Disney trip, the time he ran away with his kids to Florida, that time he was mysteriously spotted at a Florida aiport. And the Star has apparently been doing some digging down there as well. Just something to consider.

I believe I remember hearing that the family owns a condo there.

The family does have a vacation home there, so trips to Florida aren't that unusual -- the way he scurries off is always fodder for speculation, but the destination not so much.

I saw Mel Lastman in Florida, I think everyone in the flea market was from Toronto and pointed him out

He looked way too tanned/sunburnt and not happy about all the attention

Can only imagine what Ford is like when he is in Florida

TorontoDoh:

Well, I wasn't terribly happy about the international exposure Mel gave the city either (Olympic cannibalism, SARS debacle on CNN), so he can really suck it.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back