1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 429     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no friend of Rob Ford but one think I find funny is that many of the people most interested in the video being released including some of my friends, are themselves, or were themselves, recreational drug users.

The release of the video is interesting as it may convince some people who already don't believe that Mayor Ford is a chronic and perhaps pathological liar, that he is one. However, there is a certain irony about people attacking Ford for being a drug user when this is a common practice. I dislike Mayor Ford for his performance as councillor first and Mayor second. I don't really care what he smokes or who he sleeps with etc. It's like councillor Giambrone before. To be honest I don't care what he does with his dick. But he sure isn't worthy of my vote based on his performance in government.

I'm no friend of Rob Ford but one think I find funny is that many of the people most interested in the video being released including some of my friends, are themselves, or were themselves, recreational drug users.

The release of the video is interesting as it may convince some people who already don't believe that Mayor Ford is a chronic and perhaps pathological liar, that he is one. However, there is a certain irony about people attacking Ford for being a drug user when this is a common practice. I dislike Mayor Ford for his performance as councillor first and Mayor second. I don't really care what he smokes or who he sleeps with etc. It's like councillor Giambrone before. To be honest I don't care what he does with his dick. But he sure isn't worthy of my vote based on his performance in government.

I don't actually know too many people who smoke crack. I mean, maybe I do, who knows? I've got to say, though, if I found out I'd look at them a little differently. Crack and meth are very skeezy drugs.

That's disingenuous at best, a blatant fallacy at worst Ricky. A recreational drug user that aspires to municipal (or any level) of government should be ready to address constituents concerns about that drug use. My problem with Rob Ford's alleged crack use is that I don't know to what extent he uses the stuff and how it might impair his judgement as my city's representative to other levels of government.

Yeah, nobody would care if there were a video of him smoking a joint. Hell, that would probably increase his popularity. Helping to run a hash empire in the 80's, well that's a bit much, and crack is pretty bad for you.

Apparently? The Globe clearly documented Randy Ford being charged with kidnapping.

Just because something is clearly documented and confirmed as being (essentially) fact, doesn't mean that it isn't a piece of information that has become apparent. Though it can be used in situations where one is uncertain about the veracity of a given statement, that is not necessarily so, such as in this case. Now, had he said "supposedly" we'd be talking.

Yes, I'm bored.

TR:

Actually, it's less about the act of his drug use and more about the gap between his denials and claims of innocence with his judgements of other individuals engaging in said acts; and beyond that, the cognitive dissonance his supporters' tolerance of his behaviour vs. their stated positions said issues.

Besides, the private choice argument you're advancing also posits that it doesn't affect his work - which I am not sure if I am inclined to believe given his performance. That, and I am not sure if the chief magistrate, given the authority vested in him by the way of his position, is well representing the city when he has his photo taken with known criminals in a manner that is not suggestive of official business.

AoD

Last edited:
check this out...

from http://www.yellowpagesgoesgreen.org/Hollywood-FL/DECO+Labels+-and-+Tags/1052893#.Uf7MHazlcTI...

DECO Labels & Tags is a business providing services in the field of Machine Shops. DECO Labels & Tags is located in Hollywood, FL on 2133 North 19th Avenue.

and from http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Broward-County-FL/Darrius-T-Heaven/details/...

Mugshots.com ID: 1974743
Name: HEAVEN, DARRIUS T

Stated Residence:

2133 N. 19TH AVENUE
HOLLYWOOD, FL 33020 33020

harges:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Prison Sentence Length
12/29/2000 COCAINE - POSSESSION 12/20/2002 BROWARD 0022422 3Y 1M 15D
06/02/2001 AGGRAVATED BATTERY 12/20/2002 BROWARD 0109330 3Y 1M 15D
05/27/2002 COCAINE - POSSESSION 12/20/2002 BROWARD 0208930 3Y 1M 15D

Incarceration History:
Date In-Custody Date Out-of-Custody
12/26/2002 04/04/2005

Note that he was arrested for posession of cocaine. This could just be a coincidence, but given the Ford bros. history, I am reluctant to give them the benefit of the doubt. And given the length of the sentence, I'm thinking that DECO could be a cover for a drug operation.

I also find it curious that the arrested individual listed DECO as his place of residence. I suppose he could have lied to policr about addrss. Do police verify the address of people when they're arrested? Who the heck lives in a label factory?

Last edited:
^That may be the case but isn't that a judgement call? So is the problem then that Mr. Ford doesn't smoke cool or the right recreational drugs and therefore should be ostracized for his poor choice? That is an honest question. We care who a politician has sex with so maybe we also care what he smokes to get high.

TR:

We don't care if he gets high - we care when he stops showing up to work (or actively avoiding public interaction as a function of his own personal demons) and appear at events (which he is attending as the representative of the city) high on something.

AoD

If you google street view the address you'll see that it's not a factory but a house in a residential area, which raises the question of what kind of million dollar business is based out of a tiny house?

Well nowadays it doesn't take much to run a business. Many million dollar businesses are run out of small offices or homes. This (assuming its legit) is likely just a local office for Deco's american sales. But we still have to ask why is DECO letting a violent criminal who has convicted 3 times with sentences of more than 3 years live in their offices.

Perhaps the building is just a mixed residential commercial building (someone should check the zoning). But this just seems a little too coincidental. It's also a little odd that that Darrius' place of residence didn't change at all during the 9 years he was in jail. That's a long time to leave your apartment vacant.

Last edited:
^"We" also care about:
-the hypocrisy ("if it wasn't for me these kids would all be on drugs or dead", "hug-a-thug", etc.)
-the lies
-the conflict of interest when the TPS (with a Ford-family friend and aspiring police chief at the head of the investigation) investigate the Toronto mayor
-the unknown (e.g. is there a relationship between Ford's crack use and his footbal coaching, did Ford or his minions have anything to do with the violent crimes involved in attempts to retrieve the video, etc.)

Also, I stopped caring about whether Rob Ford is treated fairly a long time ago. He has never shown, and therefore doesn't deserve, that kind of respect.

If you google street view the address you'll see that it's not a factory but a house in a residential area, which raises the question of what kind of million dollar business is based out of a tiny house?

Clearly it's a virtual office, used for legal and/or financial purposes. I used to investigate this stuff and I'd see this sort of thing all the time. Without accusing anyone of anything, I have to say that it's rare to find a virtual office that's being used for totally non-shady reasons, especially when it's just a random address like this (there are some corporate addresses that are more above-board, including a virtual office at 1 Yonge, home of the Star).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back