1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 429     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly it's a virtual office, used for legal and/or financial purposes. I used to investigate this stuff and I'd see this sort of thing all the time. Without accusing anyone of anything, I have to say that it's rare to find a virtual office that's being used for totally non-shady reasons, especially when it's just a random address like this (there are some corporate addresses that are more above-board, including a virtual office at 1 Yonge, home of the Star).

A lot of addresses are "suites" located at a post office, UPS Store or other similar facility. This is for several reasons - a small office-based business, for example might want to have a mailing address sound more impressive or separate from their home address. Or a company uses one for advertising a position and not wanting applicants (or existing employees) to know specifically which firm it is. Some small businesses operate out of shared business offices that would share a receptionist, meeting facilities, printing, etc.

But for a multi-million dollar company, I'm slightly surprised to see the address of a small house in a lower-income Hollywood, FL neighbourhood used as a local 'office'.

There may be something to that pimp story after all. I'll keep you updated when I find out more.

if it is true, yet another dot (maybe 2) can be added to this bingo card...

robfordbingo1.jpg

Attachments

• robfordbingo1.jpg
    robfordbingo1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 328
Clearly it's a virtual office, used for legal and/or financial purposes. I used to investigate this stuff and I'd see this sort of thing all the time. Without accusing anyone of anything, I have to say that it's rare to find a virtual office that's being used for totally non-shady reasons, especially when it's just a random address like this (there are some corporate addresses that are more above-board, including a virtual office at 1 Yonge, home of the Star).

Do people usually live at these offices? I find it suspicious that they have a 3 time convicted criminal living there.

re: Deco:

Deco Labels & Tags
DMV Location
Deco Labels & Tags Phone: 954-925-9970
2133 N 19th Ave Fax:
Hollywood, FL 33020-2401 Website:
Business Information
Owner: Doug Ford Employees:
Title: Owner Annual Revenue ($):
View all Florida DMV Location

http://www.license-registration.net/reviews/1232203

Interesting isn't it?

AoD

I would love someone to explain why DECO is labeled as a DMV. Tax reasons or something less innocent?

But for a multi-million dollar company, I'm slightly surprised to see the address of a small house in a lower-income Hollywood, FL neighbourhood used as a local 'office'.

That's the heart of the matter right there. As I said, I've seen this done before, and only remain vague on the details for legal reasons. There's a world of difference between this and a PO or UPS box. Those people aren't really trying to fool anyone...at worst it's a white lie. When you really have something to hide, though, you need a real address of a real place (not that I'm actually accusing anyone here, as I indicated earlier).

Perhaps DECO is involved in the production of license plates in Florida? That's my guess.

If you look at streetview you'll see that its just a small home. I doubt any license plate production is happening there, unless they have a factory elsewhere in Florida.

And why do they have a three time convicted man living there. That's what's really bothering me.

I would put a grain of salt into that citation I have posted - the correlation is curious, but the source is not of the highest quality.

AoD

TTM:

Putting aside the curiousness of office location for a moment (which is still in the realm of the possible), the greater question is how/why would it have any association with the individual who was arrested?

AoD

Also notice that there is no Deco Labels & Tags registered in the state of Florida. They could be under a more generic "Deco Inc." moniker, but that would be kind of odd:

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResults/EntityName/deco%20l/Page1

EDIT: Took a quick look through all the "Deco LLC" and other one-name registrations, and could not find one that matched up with what we know about Deco L & T:

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResults/EntityName/deco/Page1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back