1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family does have a vacation home there, so trips to Florida aren't that unusual -- the way he scurries off is always fodder for speculation, but the destination not so much.

I can't believe I'm saying this because it's just fuel to the fire but... I do recall one of the "coming from someone who knows people in the inner circle" anecdotes on here being that they were going to try to survive until Council breaks for the summer, and then get Ford quietly to rehab during an extended florida vacation

City staff say Price remains an employee. The mayor has refused to say whether Price was suspended or whether he continues to receive his salary."

I don't understand why this information is allowed to be kept from the public/media. On one hand I understand that it's a "personnel issue" if we were discussing someone who works for the city in general... and I trust that there's a bureaucracy and HR department etc. ensuring that abuse isn't happening there. But someone like Price (or any aide) is different. Surely an elected official shouldn't be allowed to hire someone (anybody they want) paid with tax payer money and then have no accountability as to where the person is, what they do or whether or not they actually show up for work on a regular basis. It screams potential conflict of interest.

From the National Post, news that Ford wants to call council back for a special meeting to decide what to do about filling Holyday's vacated seat. Plus, some football coaching news from him. I'll call this his 'look at me I'm busy being Mayor even in the summer'...and 'schools still love me' moment. He's a piece of work. Lazy & disinterested during council...but 'itchin' for attention when it's not in session. What a fool.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...w-to-fill-doug-holydays-vacated-toronto-seat/

Last edited:
From the National Post, news that Ford wants to call council back for a special meeting to decide what to do about filling Holyday's vacated seat. Plus, some football coaching news from him. I'll call this his 'look at me I'm busy being Mayor even in the summer'...and 'schools still love me' moment. He's a piece of work. Lazy & disinterested during council...but 'itchin' for attention when it's not in session. What a fool.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...w-to-fill-doug-holydays-vacated-toronto-seat/

and rob's delusions continue...

"Meanwhile, the mayor said Thursday that he has been approached by three high schools in Toronto about taking on coaching duties. He did not say which ones. [...] A spokesman for the TDSB said he is unaware of any of its schools approaching the mayor about a coaching position now."

@nataliealcoba
I asked Mayor Ford if he has been interviewed by police re: Project Traveller. "I'm not going to comment on that."

and rob's delusions continue...

"Meanwhile, the mayor said Thursday that he has been approached by three high schools in Toronto about taking on coaching duties. He did not say which ones. [...] A spokesman for the TDSB said he is unaware of any of its schools approaching the mayor about a coaching position now."

Why any school would consider allowing Ford to be a volunteer coach at their school is, in my opinion, not only highly irresponsible, but mindboggling. Even though the public hasn't had an opportunity to view the video, we know that it exists. So, he's got a drug problem. He denies everything, which make him a liar. He's toxic from beginning to end.

From The Star's David Rider: Multiple sources confirm that @TOMayorFord special events co-ordinator @Carley_McNeil was fired and that it came as a complete shock to her. City Hall vets were scratching their heads at the sacking of an experienced staffer who had remained loyal to Ford while others ran for exit.

From The Star's David Rider: Multiple sources confirm that @TOMayorFord special events co-ordinator @Carley_McNeil was fired and that it came as a complete shock to her. City Hall vets were scratching their heads at the sacking of an experienced staffer who had remained loyal to Ford while others ran for exit.

If Carley is gone because she was cooperative in her interview with the police, expect at least one more staffer to abandon ship or be walked to the plank before Council returns from summer recess.

Re Mel Lastman's winter Florida vacationing: keep in mind that that was a genuinely accepted "tradition" that generally did not impinge on his City Hall activities. And it was seldom if ever "out of the blue" or w/Ford-esque overtones of escaping-the-media/going-into-rehab/getting-away-from-the-b*tch-wife.

Other politicians had a "Florida vacation" ritual. In Robert Bourassa's case, it may actually have killed him (skin cancer through obsessive-compulsive suntanning, etc)

Thanks, that's new to me. Her and at least one more staffer were poised to leave during the height of crackgate so I didn't find it unusual that she finally did. I'll try to find out why she was fired -- if indeed she was.

Well if she was walked out of City Hall I think that sound like fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back