1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - Ford's really pissed today. When I tuned in he was being asked to apologize + withdraw his comments about Cllr Davis... no idea what they were but it was a big deal...

Over Ford claiming that Davis somehow supported waste at TCHC. That F. Nunziata ia actually making Ford apologize is remarkable. Twitter is abuzz that Ford's lost it today, back to his old behaviour from lone wolf councillor days.

Over Ford claiming that Davis somehow supported waste at TCHC. That F. Nunziata ia actually making Ford apologize is remarkable. Twitter is abuzz that Ford's lost it today, back to his old behaviour from lone wolf councillor days.

Rob Ford "apologies" are always remarkably weasely, never ever repeating the subject of the apology and always make it sound as detached from it as possible, as if the apology is a standalone, ahistorical act. If he was ever taught manners, he should have known that they are never acceptable in any setting.

AoD

Blair looks super nervous in this press conference. Speaking a mile a minute. Voice crackling. Weird.

Tells reporters that ALL of the evidence will come out in court where it belongs. Emphasises this several times. Seems to imply that they have something pretty special. Wow.

Last edited:
From Twitter:

Matt Elliott ‏@GraphicMatt 1m
"All of the evidence will come out in court," says Police Chief Bill Blair. And we all squint and read between those lines.

jessiecatherine ‏@jessiecatherine 1m
Its important we preserve our ability to prosecute these offenders, so we are not able to disclose evidence obtained, says Blair.
Retweeted by Matt Elliott

AoD

Any and all evidence will come out in court... no answers about questions regarding evidence... and improper disclosure of evidence in the case (for example, an incriminating video) would be considered jeopardizing the prosecution of the criminals.

So, if there's a video, it's only coming out in court... no doubt John Cook will now see the video as a bit of a grenade and won't be publishing it if he's got it or gets offered it.

Any and all evidence will come out in court... no answers about questions regarding evidence... and improper disclosure of evidence in the case (for example, an incriminating video) would be considered jeopardizing the prosecution of the criminals.

So, if there's a video, it's only coming out in court... no doubt John Cook will now see the video as a bit of a grenade and won't be publishing it if he's got it or gets offered it.

Gawker's American. They'd publish regardless. The Blair Q&A meanwhile, is surreal.

Wow

CTV reporting that there are wiretaps confirming existence of video. Also that police were investigating the video weeks before Gawker broke the story. Wow. Wow!!!

To clarify: CP24 reported that CTV was reporting this. Still not mention of it on either website

Last edited:
John Lorinc ‏@JohnLorinc 28s
#topoli Bill Blair acknowledges that some of the individuals in the garage door picture are part of the investigation.

Understatement that.

I really hope there were multiple copies made and held elsewhere. I can't help but think that if the police nabbed the only copy/copies in the raids today that they'll never see the light of day. Blair says that all evidence will be shown in court, but doesn't that depend on something being entered as evidence to begin with?

CTV reporting that there are wiretaps confirming existence of video.
Wire tap confirms the existing of nothing, beyond the existence of a conversation about a video.

If you wire tap my phone and I'm recorded offering a video of Sasquatch walking through High Park, does that confirm the existence of said video? No.

I believe there is a video, and wire tap evidence will support that believe, but nothing beyond seeing the video itself can confirm its existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back