1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 382     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he wasn't notified because the police know he has connection to the peopple in the area apparently on a personal level and were worried of him giving them warning?

Or maybe he wasn't notified because police don't always notify the mayor of every planned raid?

I mean, I hope it's connected to Ford as much as anyone, but the simplest explanation is probably the most likely one.

Or maybe he wasn't notified because police don't always notify the mayor of every planned raid?

I mean, I hope it's connected to Ford as much as anyone, but the simplest explanation is probably the most likely one.

I don't think this is just a minor raid - think about it, usually this would be an opportune time for the Mayor and the Chief of Police to hold hands in front of the cameras and say how closely they've been working together, and how tough they both are on crime.

In case it's of interest to anyone... today's episode of the Freakonomics Podcast talks about families and businesses - I thought the first part was especially relevant to Ford Discussion - "relying on your family will make you much less likely to trust other institutions, like the government".

Here's the post that accompanies it

I don't think this is just a minor raid - think about it, usually this would be an opportune time for the Mayor and the Chief of Police to hold hands in front of the cameras and say how closely they've been working together, and how tough they both are on crime.

You realize the police chief is holding a press conference at noon, right? Even if the Mayor isn't holding hands with him, I'd be willing to bet that's what he's going to say...

When asked about the raids Rob Ford claims the cable is out at his house so he's out of touch, knows nothing about it. As if the only way to know about things is via the TV. That may have been a good excuse 15 years ago...

I guess that also means he doesn't have a radio ...

You realize the police chief is holding a press conference at noon, right? Even if the Mayor isn't holding hands with him, I'd be willing to bet that's what he's going to say...

For Blair to say that the department was working closely with the Mayor's office at this point would look pretty silly, no, now that McCheese has denied any prior knowledge of the raid?

On the TCHC, after the U of T AstroTurf debate (almost 2 days) they moved to yesterday to TCH, both Fords were absent throughout despite this being so close an issue to Mayor Ford's heart. This morning the Mayor is being fried by Council over TCH and he has no answers on reports - http://www.rogerstv.com/page.aspx?sid=1030&rid=16&lid=237&lve=41551

For Blair to say that the department was working closely with the Mayor's office at this point would look pretty silly, no, now that McCheese has denied any prior knowledge of the raid?

Sorry, what I meant is that he'll be talking about being tough on crimes, no tolerance for the gun and drug trade, etc. Not that he's been working with the mayor.

On the TCHC, after the U of T AstroTurf debate (almost 2 days) they moved to yesterday to TCH, both Fords were absent throughout despite this being so close an issue to Mayor Ford's heart. This morning the Mayor is being fried by Council over TCH and he has no answers on reports - http://www.rogerstv.com/page.aspx?sid=1030&rid=16&lid=237&lve=41551

Wow - Ford's really pissed today. When I tuned in he was being asked to apologize + withdraw his comments about Cllr Davis... no idea what they were but it was a big deal...

Doug Holyday is dancing the Charleston right now on CP24.

"i don't know how the police operate. Sometimes they tell people, sometimes they want the element of surprise so they keep it to themselves. Ummmm... you should ask the police..."

Also claims these raids happened because Rob Ford's office got a tip "when this thing broke" about drug dealing on Dixon Road. Rob Ford's staff turned it over to police. Interesting spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back