News   Sep 26, 2024
 905     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 1K     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

I think Metrolinx has unrealistic expectations on this especially when was an extreme cold warning. I would guess that Bombardier or the company responsible for the hulling may not have felt it was safe to transport them at the time. Metlox is yet again trying to use the media to cover for their ineptitude.
To be fair, this has only been getting to the headlines as the deadline approached. Bbr had months if not years of extensions since that court ruling to deliver

Because they are a provinical agency that worked with city to get Bombardier LRVs and Flexities for the city. I don't know if this is true but it might be.
That's honestly not an explanation I can agree with objectively. So the customer is wrong when the supplier is late with delivery and or plagued with problems just because they chose to buy off of them? Sure they share some of the blame due to their naivety on the purchase but bbr is for sure to blame for their qc and late delivery issues

That's honestly not an explanation I can agree with objectively. So the customer is wrong when the supplier is late with delivery and or plagued with problems just because they chose to buy off of them? Sure they share some of the blame due to their naivety on the purchase but bbr is for sure to blame for their qc and late delivery issues

BBD just really, this wasn't a surprise that they didn't make the 6. They were only short 3. But then you could make the arguement of "We bailed them out with taxpayers money".

To be fair, this has only been getting to the headlines as the deadline approached. Bbr had months if not years of extensions since that court ruling to deliver
It only gets headlines because Metrolinx puts it out to the media by sharing their dirty laundry in public so they don't look bad when the project or the other projects go south they want Bombardier to be their scapegoat.

It only gets headlines because Metrolinx puts it out to the media by sharing their dirty laundry in public so they don't look bad when the project or the other projects go south they want Bombardier to be their scapegoat.
It gets headlines because Ben Spurr and the other Transportation beat reporters need something to write about, it's their job, and they are desperately reaching for headlines.

That the tracks coming from the yard to the mainline. The yard is at the top of the hill.

If you want to see the yard and overhead, look at my site for Eglinton Crosstown Mount Dennis area, Crosstown Mount Dennis area, Crosstown LRT line

I'm cynical that Metrolinx has anything finished. Until I see the new cars rolling around the yard I have no faith that they are ready to accept any more cars.

I want to know at what stage the other 4 are at as well. Does BBD have them ready and Metrolinx is playing games refusing delivery? Or vice versa?

I'm cynical that Metrolinx has anything finished. Until I see the new cars rolling around the yard I have no faith that they are ready to accept any more cars.

I want to know at what stage the other 4 are at as well. Does BBD have them ready and Metrolinx is playing games refusing delivery? Or vice versa?
Then when we get video proof that the Flexity Freedoms can run on their own catenary power in the yard, you’ll blame them for using tiny midgets to push the train around. :p

Then when we get video proof that the Flexity Freedoms can run on their own catenary power in the yard, you’ll blame them for using tiny midgets to push the train around. :p

Call me a little kid. But even now if I buy a shiny new thing I want to try it right away because (1) i want to see if it works and (2) its shiny. Why has the TTC received delivery of their shiny new thing and not driven it around to see if it works? Especially if there is distrust with BBD. If they don't trust their supplier they would want to know even sooner if it is a faulty product.

If its been ready since the fall they must have worked out the kinks in their systems. So why have the vehicles not been tested?

Again, don't trust bureaucrats, politicians nor BBD. Just want to see which one is the most truthful here.

Call me a little kid. But even now if I buy a shiny new thing I want to try it right away because (1) i want to see if it works and (2) its shiny. Why has the TTC received delivery of their shiny new thing and not driven it around to see if it works? Especially if there is distrust with BBD. If they don't trust their supplier they would want to know even sooner if it is a faulty product.

If its been ready since the fall they must have worked out the kinks in their systems. So why have the vehicles not been tested?

Again, don't trust bureaucrats, politicians nor BBD. Just want to see which one is the most truthful here.
Doesn’t change your core point......but where you say TTC in the first paragraph, I think you mean Metrolinx.

Last edited:

Why has TTC been unable to drive around there "shiny new thing", you ask? Well, firstly they are needed for service during the weekdays, secondly they already do test runs with the TTC Flexities, I imagine will be no different with the Metrolinx LRVs, and thirdly and lastly, blame the politicians for bailing them out and still wanting to do business with them.

^I seem to recall that when the first iOn vehicle was delivered, it was a couple of months before it was seen outside or made test runs. That initial period was spent doing static tests, checking clearances in the maintenance building, setting up maintenance equipment, doing staff familiarization, etc etc.
There is a lot of new maintenance equipment that is also nice and shiny, and needs to be fitted out. For instance, I’m sure there is a hoist or jacking station. Suppose you eagerly start running the car, and find something is amiss, and needs checking out.....but you’ve never used the hoist before. Smart operators do some practice hoisting before the car starts its tests.
In other words, all is well so far.

- Paul

Last edited:

Back