News   Jul 02, 2024
 543     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 667     0 

CNE Air Show

I've got some photos and video to upload as well, but have to get them off my phone first. My Blackberry sucked for that (among other things) and I have been more than happy with my Samsung Captivate for just about everything - the one drawback is the Kies software for contents management seems to find a new reason to not work once the USB is unplugged. I'll try it tonight from home.

Nice pictures- thanks for posting. Who was flying the MIgs?

I believe it is "Jared “Rook” Isaacman" who files the MIG-17, as per http://www.heavymetaljetteam.com/Pilots

They start moving at 0:26
[video=youtube;AgzOfieM9yo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgzOfieM9yo[/video]

Crazy Flyby with a A-10
[video=youtube;OD_OPLLOpRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD_OPLLOpRg[/video]

Last edited:
Looking back on this old thread and having attended the airshow today at the CNE, I am reminded how dissapointed I was compared to airshows of old. Back in the early 1990s I worked at Ontario Place, and remember watching the latest jet fighters, Lancaster bomber, Spitfires, etc. from Hamilton, etc, etc. This year there were two jet fighters (CF-18 and Super Hornet), two Harvard trainer prop planes, a Hercules, an Air Cadet's glider, and after I left to walk the CNE, the requisite Snow Birds. Where is the F-35, or the RCAF's new Hawks or Globemasters? Where are the vintage bombers and fighters from Hamilton? Or other aerobatic teams, like the Red Arrows or American teams?

Mine not so good. iPhone quality.

IMG_1788.JPG
IMG_1785.JPG
IMG_1786.JPG
IMG_1784.JPG
IMG_1789.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1788.JPG
    IMG_1788.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_1785.JPG
    IMG_1785.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_1786.JPG
    IMG_1786.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_1784.JPG
    IMG_1784.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_1789.JPG
    IMG_1789.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 740
It's hilarious? This city is home to thousands of immigrants who grew up in war zones and the sound of fighter jets triggering their PTSD shouldn't amuse you. I enjoy the air show but still understand why it bothers people.

It's hilarious? This city is home to thousands of immigrants who grew up in war zones and the sound of fighter jets triggering their PTSD shouldn't amuse you. I enjoy the air show but still understand why it bothers people.

Funny how i don't see any of those thousands of immigrants complaining? I guess they are too busy enjoying the air show with their families at the CNE. It's all the people who grew up in Toronto doing all the moaning and whining.

I lived near Pearson airport for years, lots of immigrants out there. Never heard them complain about loud booming jets that flew over 365 days a year.

You bring up a good point. However, in fairness to the previous poster, do fighter jets really sound that different from a boeing 737? As well, the writer of the star article sounds very hippy and naive in addition to being anti-military. At the end of the day, I believe that people go to air shows to appreciate the beauty of the planes and advancements in aviation technology, not the weapons that said planes can carry.

Back