News   Aug 08, 2024
 110     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 1K     0 

2022/24 Russian-Ukrainian War

Truthfully though, they aren't giving these guys any real ammo till they are in Ukraine. Wonder if they'll even be taught how to shoot.

They must know their history and what happened the last time the czar had a bunch of conscripts being sent to a meat grinder of a war pass through Moscow.
The stupidity of the Russian leadership is mind boggling - they still think that sheer numbers can win wars...

On a related note, now is the time for the US/UK/NATO to start sending long range (300 km) artillery and tanks.

Meanwhile, a ray of hope for attitude change in Iran...

Speaking of Iran.

It would appear iranian drones are making an impact on the battlefield, including a strike on grain in Odesa today.

Israel is sending anti drone systems which should hopefully help counter them, but rather embarrassing for Russia that homemade Iranian equipment is outperforming their supposedly sophisticated and advanced weaponry.

It is also a reminder that we should not underestimate our other adversaries. Just because Russia has failed so horribly, does not mean other countries have also mismanaged their military this badly. In particular, it's a reminder not to underestimate China, which has a modern and motivated military with far far less corruption than we see in Russia.

...but rather embarrassing for Russia that homemade Iranian equipment is outperforming their supposedly sophisticated and advanced weaponry.

Context is important here. Russia has better drones. They ran out of them. And sanctions have hampered production rates.

Context is important here. Russia has better drones. They ran out of them. And sanctions have hampered production rates.

Further to the point, if Iran or China start supplying the Russian war effort I can see sanctions being placed on them too as a result.

I wonder though.. how many countries will have to get involved before this is declared a global conflict. I say that because war between 2 neighboring countries is one thing but a war between Iran, Russia and China against Ukraine (with Israel, NATO and others supplying weapons/equipment) is another.

China could have done a lot more if they wanted. They aren't doing it. They went from "friendship with no limits" to "NATO made Russia do this" to "We respect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine".

It's really easy. This war was supportable as long as it was a quick invasion. Now that it's a disaster rallying democracies everywhere, and creating economic disruption that hurts them they aren't all that thrilled. They are trying to save Russia from itself at this point.

I have no sense of the validity of such a claim, but this would arguably be some of the biggest news since the start of the war if true.

After what happened to Gorbachev and later to Yeltsin I would not put it past them.

At some point, people are going to have enough and Putin will be strung up by his balls in Red square.

I see no reason Leo2s can’t be sent now.

I really don't need how it can be done without Germany getting onboard to both, provide re-export permission and technical support. Spain has begun training the Ukrainian on Leos and is lobbying hard. Let's see where that effort lands.

Also, while I personally down to give them all our Leos, I'm going to guess the Army and government are probably not down with that. And definitely not before the defence review is completed.

Back