News   Aug 08, 2024
 241     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 1K     0 

2022/24 Russian-Ukrainian War

I suppose that can be addressed in the short term by confiscating civilian trucks across Russia’s industrialized west. In short time this hodgepodge of makes and vintages will be impossible to maintain.

To a degree. Civilian trucks are less durable and less protected. So aside from vulnerability to enemy fire, they are also more likely to break down.

The other problem is that in a sanctioned economy, trucks are limited and valuable. Every truck sent to Ukraine is one less for their economy to run. They will end up with logistics issues across their economy. Let's hope!

I don't really take any joy in Russians getting killed or maimed.

War isn't pretty. Things happen, people die.

Unfortunately that is the reality. You may not want to kill them but they most certainly want to kill you.

Think of it this way. Do you think those troops would think twice about killing innocent Ukrainians? No.

It's sad that this happened but at the end of the day Russia has no business being in Ukraine. Their deaths lie solely at the feet of Vladimir Putin.

I don't really take any joy in Russians getting killed or maimed.

Neither do I. I post this to help people understand what modern warfare is like. Drones dropping frag grenades wasn't even a thing 15 years ago.

People need to understand that this war is very different. And they need to understand the tragedy of Putin sending hundreds of thousands to their death in vain. On top of the criminal act of the tens of thousands of Ukrainians killed and maimed and millions who have been kidnapped.

Press Release out from Ottawa this morning that we're deploying an additional Hercules aircraft (now 3, instead of 2) in support of operations in Europe (including Ukraine)

The Canadian aircraft are operating out of Prestwick, Scotland.

From the above:

1664196064768.png

The US government has issued a particularly strident warning to Russia over their potential use of nuclear weapons:

Not nearly enough. I worry that a dictator who doesn't care how many of his citizens get killed, will have no qualms with a conventional American response. If he's willing to draft hundreds of thousands and send them to their deaths, why would he care whether they are killed by Ukrainian artillery or American fighter jets?

I wish the world (not just the US) was far more clear and explicit that any WMD use is a point of no return where we will seek the complete neutering of the Russian economy and the destruction of the Putin regime.

For anybody interested there is a good thread here on the operational and strategic implications of the use of nuclear weapons in Ukraine:

Last edited:
Everytime I think this can't get worse....

At times, I don't know whether it's a joke. But because it's Russian, I have to assume it's real. They are going to war in WWII kit that weapons carried by modern regular infantry will destroy.

Also, I guess this is Russia's version of the Hunger Games:

Jeez Russia is going old school here.

Next thing you know they will be using Muskets from the original invasion of Crimea and cavalry on horseback!

The mind blowing thing is that Russia has been expending resources storing all this ancient kit and equipment.
They never throw anything away. And equipment is worth more to them than lives, so fielding current and relevant equipment to maximize survivability is not high on the list.

Also, we shouldn't laugh too hard. We have plenty of high obsolescence issues in our own military. And when some of us argue for appropriate investment, we're labeled closet warmongering Americans. Remember when we sent troops to Afghanistan in green uniforms and decades old unarmored jeeps? We're not that much better.

Back