News   Jul 16, 2024
 364     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 469     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

2014 Ontario Provincial Election

there's also the trickle down effect.
it won't be just 100K civil servants jobs lost if it were to be implemented - 'reverse' multiplier effect.
it truly does affect the whole community.

Yep. All they had to do was promise to run the gov't as is, but with better purse strings management.

Threatening to fire 100K civil servants was stupid. Nearly everyone in Ontario has a direct or extended family member who works for the Province, be it nurses, teachers, police, whatever.

Yep. All they had to do was promise to run the gov't as is, but with better purse strings management.

Threatening to fire 100K civil servants was stupid. Nearly everyone in Ontario has a direct or extended family member who works for the Province, be it nurses, teachers, police, whatever.

That is the misinformation that the unions spent millions on.. They never said they would "fire" anyone. Cuts would have been through attrition. Oh well, another 4 years of bloated government and scandals on my dime.

As positive as this result is...

How ridiculous is the first past the post system?

Positive? Expect a debt rating cut from all the bond traders in New York. We can't afford our debt levels and deficits folks! I am considering moving my business operations out of the province.

That is the misinformation that the unions spent millions on.. They never said they would "fire" anyone. Cuts would have been through attrition. Oh well, another 4 years of bloated government and scandals on my dime.

Ya right 100,000 jobs cut within 2 years through attrition. No wonder they lost. No one is buying that bullshit.

As positive as this result is...

How ridiculous is the first past the post system?
Given a choice of a rank ballot, I'd say the Liberals would have won even more seats, as I assume none of the PC voters would have put the Liberals as their second choice, whereas most of the NDP voters would have chosen the Liberals, with some going Green.

So, ranked ballot may see 70 Liberal seats.

Ya right 100,000 jobs cut within 2 years through attrition. No wonder they lost. No one is buying that bullshit.

By the way, the Liberals are going to have to slash jobs as well to meet their deficit targets. They just aren't honest about it.

Funny how trickle down economics apparently only work in one direction and when the 'spending' rich belong to private (usually multinational) corporations.

:rolleyes:
It was 4 years, 25,000 per year, out of 1,200,000 employees. Do the math,
Well Newbie, I think your soap box just got pulled.

soapbox_thumb1.jpg

:rolleyes:Well Newbie, I think your soap box just got pulled.

soapbox_thumb1.jpg

Hardly a newbie, been a member for years. Just too busy building a business, employing people and paying huge taxes to support a bloated government and huge deficit, to post very often. I will go back to work now so that I can pay even more taxes and support even more waste in government.

Be nice guys - as much as I am opposed to Hudak, I don't feel a great need to gloat about his defeat (unlike say, the whole RoDoFo BS). I voted Liberal but I am under no illusion that the current fiscal trend is sustainable.

AoD

Hardly a newbie, been a member for years. Just too busy building a business, employing people and paying huge taxes to support a bloated government and huge deficit, to post very often. I will go back to work now so that I can pay even more taxes and support even more waste in government.
Just pulling your leg in jest.

I get your POV. I've voted twice for Mike Harris' PCs when Rae had to go. This was Hudak's election to lose. All he had to do promise to protect and best deliver the services Ontario's expect, while also committing to spend wisely. Conservatives have to stop focusing on job creation. Yes it's important, but we "hire" our government to run our services.

Back