News   Mar 18, 2024
 778     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.6K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 775     0 

2014 Ontario Provincial Election

Funny how dismantling the FPTP system only ever comes up as an issue when a conservative government is elected in.

You obviously haven't read a single one of my posts regarding the issue.

One last time for all the hard of reading:

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO GETS A LEGISLATIVE MAJORITY THROUGH FPTP. THEY ARE ALL ILLEGITIMATE MAJORITIES. NO MINORITY DESERVES TO HAVE ABSOLUTE LEGISLATIVE POWER. I HAVE BEEN ON THIS ISSUE SINCE I WAS OLD ENOUGH TO REALISE HOW SHIT FPTP IS.

Shit man, if this still isn't clear then I'm afraid you need a psychologist and not some dude on the Internet trying to explain it to you.

You obviously haven't read a single one of my posts regarding the issue.

One last time for all the hard of reading:

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO GETS A LEGISLATIVE MAJORITY THROUGH FPTP. THEY ARE ALL ILLEGITIMATE MAJORITIES. NO MINORITY DESERVES TO HAVE ABSOLUTE LEGISLATIVE POWER. I HAVE BEEN ON THIS ISSUE SINCE I WAS OLD ENOUGH TO REALISE HOW SHIT FPTP IS.

Shit man, if this still isn't clear then I'm afraid you need a psychologist and not some dude on the Internet trying to explain it to you.

Chill out, dude! I wasn't even responding in any of your posts. Perhaps it's not me who needs the psychologist. I find it hysterical someone would get so stressed out and wind up over me pointing out the fallacy that "progressives" deserve to rule in perpetuity and that any electoral result that asserts otherwise is dismissed as illegitimate.

I know I do......the first part is acceptance, bud.

In any case, all of these false majorities are illegitimate. The faux "progressives" and the regressives. Or whatever it is you want to label the two sides of the coin that is the dual polarity of our politics.

Funny how dismantling the FPTP system only ever comes up as an issue when a conservative government is elected in.

As if 15 years of doing things one way didn't need a change. :rolleyes:

Yeah, because us lefties are all thrilled that Justin Trudeau abandoned his signature promise to implement electoral reform.

Nice try though!

I wish there were more intelligent conservatives on UT to debate.

Yeah, because us lefties are all thrilled that Justin Trudeau abandoned his signature promise to implement electoral reform.

Nice try though!

I wish there were more intelligent conservatives on UT to debate.

This is my whole point though. The only people who complain about FPTP are those who those whom wish to block Conservatives from ever coming into power again as the status quo favors them the most. It favors Liberals to a degree, sure, but not as much as Conservatives. PR only advantages the NDP and Green's, so why would Trudeau rock the boat?

This is my whole point though. The only people who complain about FPTP are those who those whom wish to block Conservatives from ever coming into power again as the status quo favors them the most. It favors Liberals to a degree, sure, but not as much as Conservatives. PR only advantages the NDP and Green's, so why would Trudeau rock the boat?

If you noticed, in *this* provincial election, PR would have advantaged the Libs more than the NDP.

The assumption these comparisons make is that everyone would have voted for the same party regardless of the electoral system. I’m not sure how one could ever prove or disprove that proposition, but it seems implausible to me.

Back