News   Jul 19, 2024
 496     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 784     1 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Transit Plans

Very relevant to transit. Particularly since one poll said 70% of voters would pick their candidate according to transit plan.

Clearly, smart track is going over well.

I assume the other 30% are Ford supporters.
Spending $8 billion of city money to do what GO has already promised to do, and build frequent GO to the new NHL arena in Markham is a reason to vote for Tory? This is the biggest reason I have not to vote for him!

Funny, considering that Ford's outright lies (on multiple occasions) to the voting public appears to be endearing him to them.

I find it hard to believe this poll, however. Just like how certain polling companies kept projecting PC governments right up to Election Day back in June, I feel like a multiple-point surge in Ford support seems very unlikely. Or at least, I hope so. I'm no Tory fan, but I would very much rather not see Ford within any striking distance of the lead.
So will you support John on October 26 when it comes to it? :) The last chance against the city.

Spending $8 billion of city money to do what GO has already promised to do, and build frequent GO to the new NHL arena in Markham is a reason to vote for Tory? This is the biggest reason I have not to vote for him!

So a vote for Tory means a new NHL team & arena in Markham with frequent GO access?

Forget the bus improvements, I'm voting Tory!

Oh man.. I can't wait to see some games. My suggestion for team name is "North of Toronto Crackpipes", since crack is the global symbol of Toronto now.

So you can't put your bias aside to keep Rob out of office? There is no guarantee SmartTrack will happen.

Last edited:
There aren't enough racist bigots in the city to re-elect Rob Ford. Let's not ignore either John Tory's or Olivia Chow's daft plans.

There are however, apparently enough politically unaware/politically ignorant nitwits that will have only heard of Rob Ford and none of the other candidates.

I wouldn't denounce what Keiithz has been suggesting either when it comes to the "disenfranchised" vote in Scarborough and Etobicoke.

There are however, apparently enough politically unaware/politically ignorant nitwits that will have only heard of Rob Ford and none of the other candidates.
No one is that ignorant.

We need to seriously discuss the plans of the serious candidates, and not worry how racists will vote.

Back