News   Jul 18, 2024
 304     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 471     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 653     1 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

ddale8 10:02am via TweetDeck
Footnote: Mammoliti, in his monthly column in the BIA newspaper, quotes Churchill twice. http://www.emeryvillagevoice.ca/COUNCILLORS-CORNER-July-2014

Appropriate. One political opportunist quotes another one. Before WWII immortalized him, Churchill had something of a reputation as a blatant opportunist, switching from Tory, to Liberal, and back again. Churchill's loyalty to Churchill never wavered, though.

Appropriate. One political opportunist quotes another one. Before WWII immortalized him, Churchill had something of a reputation as a blatant opportunist, switching from Tory, to Liberal, and back again. Churchill's loyalty to Churchill never wavered, though.

And for those in Ward 9.....Danny Q in 2014 for a clean start.....

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 35s
BREAKING Cllr Gloria Lindsay Luby is not running for council again #TOpoli

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m
Cllr Peter Leon announces he will not be running in the upcoming election (as he promised when he was appointed) #TOpoli

Just in.

Last edited:
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 35s
BREAKING Cllr Gloria Lindsay Luby is not running for council again #TOpoli

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m
Cllr Peter Leon announces he will not be running in the upcoming election (as he promised when he was appointed) #TOpoli

Just in.

Just waiting on Moeser and Shiner now....

By my count that means we will have at least 5 new faces on council next term.

GLL represents Rob Ford's home ward. I wonder if he'd run if his poll numbers remain stagnant?

By my count that means we will have at least 5 new faces on council next term.

GLL represents Rob Ford's home ward. I wonder if he'd run if his poll numbers remain stagnant?

The number is seven as of today... Ceta R and Maloney (the placeholders) have already stated they do not intend to run

I'm surprised that in a big city like Toronto, I won't have a choice on who to vote for in ward 22. Matlow is the only candidate it seems.

I'm surprised that in a big city like Toronto, I won't have a choice on who to vote for in ward 22. Matlow is the only candidate it seems.
I'm surprised there's no one. But it does happen. Most recently in 2003, both David Shiner and George Mammoliti were acclaimed. In 2000 both Kyle Rae and David Soknacki were acclaimed.

Here is a new slate of candidates developing (for the most part they crossover to the 43 Down slate)
"Toronto Land Transfer Tax Coalition" seems like it is the brianchild of real estate guy Robert McDermott ...Ward 36
Vince Crisanti...Ward 1
Annette Hutctheon...Ward 3
John Campbell...Ward 4
Arthur Smitherman...Ward 8
Gus Cusimano...Ward 9
Dave Andre...Ward 29
Paul Bell...Ward 33
I would expect more to be listed over the next few weeks...
I would really like to hear any of them explain how they will replace 350M in the operating budget with the loss of MLTT revenue

This post should really have been linked or revised from post 415 of this tree....I don't know how to do it however if someone wants to make the attempt it would be much appreciated...

Last edited:
My Karnak impression- Campaign websites on the Eastside selected Wards 23 to 44

Ward 23 www.votedavid.ca

Ward 24 www.danfox.ca

Ward 26 www.jonburnside.com

Ward 28 www.seanvilmas.com

Ward 30 www.janefarrow.ca

Ward 32 www.briangraff.com

Ward 34 www.hynes4council.ca

Ward 36 www.masihullah.ca

Ward 39 www.sinclairward39.com

Ward 42 www.somu.ca

Ward 44 www.votemckelvie.ca

I expect Wards 25, 27, 29, 37, 40, 41 and 43 will return the incumbent. Again the only Ward in the eastend I have trouble with is 38 an undeserving incumbent and a less than stellar field

I wish some of these people would put some effort into their websites. Masihullah.ca is just terrible in many ways. I don't live in his ward but would vote for him if I did in spite of his website.

I asked Andray Domise on Twitter how many people say they will vote for Mikey based on his (fake) last name when he knocks on doors. He said that no one has said that so far.

Back