News   Jul 18, 2024
 357     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 510     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 858     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

Many incumbents are associated with Rob Ford however. That could be their downfall this election.
Ford loyalist incumbents

Crisanti (to the end)
Grimes (distancing)
Mammoliti (in it for himself)
Perruzza (strange coupling isn't it)
Nunziata (to the end)
Di Giorgio (distancing)
Palacio (to the end)
Shiner not registered (in it for himself)
DWM (distancing)
Crawford (to the end)
Thompson (his own man)
Kelly (in for himself)
Moeser not registered (doesn't know which way is up)

Last edited:
I will be ecstatic if Dirty Denzil gets defeated. I'm so sick of his trying to sabotage Waterfront Toronto; not to mention he has done nothing for Ward 34. I don't know if Mary Hynes has what it takes to win that seat. Should be interesting to watch.

Greg, nothing personal, but you're out of your frickin' tree. No more than a handful of incumbents will lose (for good or ill).

It's also not really correct to say that every new councillor is one of "Rob Ford's" new councillors. Some of the councillors leaving are Ford's biggest supporters on council and there's no reason to believe any of the people most likely to unseat incumbents will be any friendlier to his agenda.

Greg, nothing personal, but you're out of your frickin' tree. No more than a handful of incumbents will lose (for good or ill).

Remember we are also looking at what up to 9 new Councillors without unseating incumbents....you have the three retiring, the place holders and three have not yet registered....as part of the 28 newbies....

I'd also think that incumbents with less than a majority in the 2010 are vunerable
Crisanti 40.7%
Lindsay-Luby 41.1% (if she registers)
Mammoliti 43.8%
Perruzza 41.4%
Augimeri 44.3%
Pasternak 19.2%
DiGiorgio 27.1%
Palacio 42.8%
Bailao 43.8%
Parker 31.3%
Fletcher 45.4%
Crawford 25.24%
Moeser 47.4% (if he registers)

Incumbents that I think are safe with less than a majority in 2010
Doucette 47.1%
Matlow 40.4%
K T-W 28.8%
Robinson 45.5%
Fragedakis 41.8%

Last edited:
It's also not really correct to say that every new councillor is one of "Rob Ford's" new councillors. Some of the councillors leaving are Ford's biggest supporters on council and there's no reason to believe any of the people most likely to unseat incumbents will be any friendlier to his agenda.

I suppose I should have been clearer R Ford was asking for 15 new councillors....of the 27 I suggested I'm fairly positive none would be considered Ford leaning even at the start of the term...

Out of the Rob Ford allies I think Cesar Palacio is the most vulnerable.

Alejandra Bravo came within a few hundred votes from beating him in 2006. Palacio voted with Ford 80% of the time and it's something that the Bravo camp has been reinforcing. Palacio's wedge issue - the St. Clair streetcar construction - has fizzled. The ward demo is changing, with older and more small-c conservative Portuguese and Italian numbers dwindling, and a lot of young and progressive families moving in.

Interestingly, Cesar Palacio, in additon to Frances Nunziata, are card-carrying Liberals.

Last edited:
Clearly this is one of our most pressing issues in Toronto.

At Monday’s council meeting, Ramkhalawansingh will introduce a motion to request the federal government change the English words of Canada’s national anthem to be more gender inclusive.

If successful, singers of “O Canada†will eventually proclaim “true patriot love in all of us command†instead of “true patriot love in all thy sons command.â€

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

My revised Etobicoke slate...considering it by concensus it seems to late to parachute

Ward 1 Idil Burale
Ward 2 Either Munira Akubar or Andray Domise or Luc LaRocque and with that vote splitting, who is going to come up from behind sad to say.....Mikey will get the brass ring
Ward 3 John Moskalyk
Ward 4 Rosemarie Mulhall
Ward 5 George Lehto
Ward 6 Russ Ford

I really prefer my fantasy slate though.....

Wow, Pasternak got elected councillor with 19.2%? More than 8 out of 10 people in Ward10 rejected him and he still got the job? That's terrible. Bring on ranked ballots already!

Back