News   Jul 15, 2024
 410     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 534     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

Whose vision of transit in Toronto do you support?

Whose vision of transit in Toronto do you support?

• Total voters
I think that Mississauga will be pretty well set with their Transitway and better Milton service. I would actually like to see either a subway or super-LRT built on Hurontario, but a subway to Square One just doesn't work.

To be fair, if we get the Eglinton Crosstown line with the underground portion we're currently getting, it'll be superior to the then-planned Eglinton West subway.

Square One definitely needs some form of rapid transit. I forget where I read this, it might have been on Metrolinx's site, but, the Square One station is the second busiest transit station in the GTA next to Union Station of course. That kind of trivia tells me that Mississauga is already fairly dedicated when it comes to transit and should be rewarded for this fact with an investment in LRT or some other form of rapid transit. Also if their was a line there would be more hubs for transit to converge rather then Square One and Islington Stations(in TO) and a few other small ones in Mississauga. Spread the transit loads around a bit. Toronto has many stations to spread the bus termini around throughtout the system so all the buses don't have to converge in one area mostly, just somewhere on the connected rapid transit line.

Square One definitely needs some form of rapid transit. I forget where I read this, it might have been on Metrolinx's site, but, the Square One station is the second busiest transit station in the GTA next to Union Station of course. That kind of trivia tells me that Mississauga is already fairly dedicated when it comes to transit and should be rewarded for this fact with an investment in LRT or some other form of rapid transit. Also if their was a line there would be more hubs for transit to converge rather then Square One and Islington Stations(in TO) and a few other small ones in Mississauga. Spread the transit loads around a bit. Toronto has many stations to spread the bus termini around throughtout the system so all the buses don't have to converge in one area mostly, just somewhere on the connected rapid transit line.

I kinda find that hard to believe... (and I think Square One needs a subway yesterday).

Square One definitely needs some form of rapid transit. I forget where I read this, it might have been on Metrolinx's site, but, the Square One station is the second busiest transit station in the GTA next to Union Station of course. That kind of trivia tells me that Mississauga is already fairly dedicated when it comes to transit and should be rewarded for this fact with an investment in LRT or some other form of rapid transit.

I don't really keep track of Mississauga transit developments, but isn't the Hurontario/Main LRT pretty much a done deal?

I kinda find that hard to believe... (and I think Square One needs a subway yesterday).

Won't let it go, eh?

I don't really keep track of Mississauga transit developments, but isn't the Hurontario/Main LRT pretty much a done deal?

I do not believe Square One is busier than Finch/Finch Regional Terminal.

It seemed so (before YRT amalgamation), now it isn't (post-merger). Hopefully, SQ1 will be one of the busiest again in GTA (behind Union and possibly, Hamilton).
I think transit development priority should go to Toronto, followed by Hamilton, Sauga/Brampton/Halton/York/Durham and lastly outside GTA. (who knows, I'm no expert in transit history!)

Since the original SOS thread is closed, I'll have to post this here. But just to let all SOS members and potential members that that the SOS forum is now open: http://www.saveoursubways.ca/forum/
Our plan is pretty much finished, but it's always up for debate.

Really excited that there is finally a place on the internet to argue about subway versus light rail technology in Toronto uncensored.

Fixed that for you. :D

Square One definitely needs some form of rapid transit. I forget where I read this, it might have been on Metrolinx's site, but, the Square One station is the second busiest transit station in the GTA next to Union Station of course.

I find that somewhat hard to believe. The entire Mississauga Transit system gets about 155,000 riders per day. Even if 100% of Mississauga Transit users go to Square One, that would leave it with far fewer riders than either Yonge/Bloor or St. George. Sheppard/Yonge (119,110 riders per day) and Kennedy (112,510 riders per day) also almost certainly beat Square One.

Good luck with your unrealistic and laughable plan. :D

Good luck convincing Torontonians that LRT is the way to go. If the number of calls to the Premier's office to "Save Transit City" are any indication, you're failing miserably. Time to get back to sensible transit planning, and not a Euro backpacker's wet dream.

Back