2.6K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 784     0 

Future Toronto Skyline March 2023 - Bloor-Yorkville to the Waterfront

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Future Skyline - Yorkville to the lake (viewed from Humber Bay):

Here’s more than 4 dozen updates to my 2020 Future Skyline from Bloor-Yorkville to the Lake. Includes new proposals, re-designs, height changes et al. As with past renderings, this is obviously a best case scenario compilation, particularly with projects still in the proposal pipeline or approved but stalled by economic, WFH and other challenges (Union Centre).

I didn’t bother with the 9 towers of the Craft/Kingsman Rail Deck District since we’ve never seen anything but massing models. I also eliminated the half-pencil of
Herzog & de Meuron’s 1200 Bay since the application no longer seems to be active.

I took some building orientation artistic license with FORMA to show a bit more of this important Gehry (now underway, yay). But everything here is not ‘pie-in-the-sky’ as many talls are u/c and dozens more are simply invisible from this angle. I’m also guilty of editorial license by not including the (unloved?) 522 University proposal @ 234m… simply because it blocked 8 Elm ;-).

BONUS POINTS for any “Where’s Waldo” aficionados who can find 10 St. Mary (175m) and 90 Isabella (222m) !! Enjoy.

*CLICK THE LINK BELOW THIS LOW RES RENDER THUMBNAIL for the BEST VIEW :

2023-Future-DOWNTOWN-LARGE.jpg

*LINK TO LARGE RENDERING (best look at materials/design): http://upside-down.ca/futuretoronto/2023-Future-DOWNTOWN-LARGE.jpg

2006 pano of a similar angle from Humber Bay Parks.
2006.jpeg

Below are some LOW RES zoomed screenshots (posted earlier in the threads while this update was 'in progress'):

Bloor-Yorkville
Bloor-Yorkville-low res-zoom.jpg

Yonge-Gerrard
Yonge-Gerrard-Cluster-2.jpg

FORMA
Screen Shot-FORMA-from-MEGA-View.jpg

New SkyTower (design & height)

Concord-Sky-taller.png

Attachments

• 2023-Future-Skyline.jpg
    2023-Future-Skyline.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 295
  • Screen shot-FORMA.jpg
    Screen shot-FORMA.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot-FORMA-from-MEGA-View.jpg
    Screen Shot-FORMA-from-MEGA-View.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Gresto at SSP has a keen eye and noted I left out 212 King Street West ... I goofed up, the unfinished layer for 212 King West was turned off in PS.

At least it was only a slice of the black residential tower missing from this POV lol... the residential tower is set back from King Street allowing a glimpse from behind FORMA and just a bit above, but the west elevation is quite thin.

I'll fix it properly once my burnt-out eyes have recovered.... but here's a look at 212 with approx. location.

Higher Res: https://upside-down.ca/futuretoronto/2023-Future-DOWNTOWN-w:212.jpg

2023-Future-DOWNTOWN-w:212.jpg

Back