News   Jul 12, 2024
 958     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 836     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 341     0 

Verve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

If Tridel does get a height increase, I'd like to see setbacks involved - let's see a real top on this building! 6 to 8 more floors with terraces, etc.

(I've just returned from New York and I want setbacks setbacks setbacks! And, uh, a warm pretzel.)

Ah, I'd like to invite you to our new group, the Society for the Deboxification of Toronto's Skyline.

The minor variance is to increase the height from 120m to 120.75m. This will not result in additional floors, the increase has to do with a ventilation system in the mechanical space that requires a ceiling height increase.

The minor variance is to increase the height from 120m to 120.75m. This will not result in additional floors, the increase has to do with a ventilation system in the mechanical space that requires a ceiling height increase.

Crap! I hope it's refused for lack of daring!

It would have been odd to add even five floors when the thing is almost done.

Yeahbut I was hoping they were trying to sell some unsold parking spots, and thought that a few more floors could do the trick. They always overengineer these things anyway.

they have unsold parking spaces? Thats almost funny, as they were very proud of themselves for reducing the number of spaces available to be bought, you had to buy a minimum 2 bed unit in order to be 'allowed' to purchase a space, so now they have a surplus? Ha!

From Bay street. Still not a fan of this building but it is making an impact on the skyline. For me too much pre-cast, to much green and to top things off a roof that could look ridiculous. I'll wait until it's complete to write this thing off, so far i don't see what all the fuss is about. Anyway, here is a really bad picture I took today from Bay street.

2100035960_2ec0587dea_o.jpg

friggin snow!

we need more buildings of this height in locations like this ... east and west of the core... we need to widen the skyline! Great impact from this angle... likley that we will be able to see 500 Sherbourne filling in the rest of the gap just to the north too.

BTW, is 22 Wellesley finished or not? It looks like there's a strip of cladding missing at the top of the glass curtain wall. 18 Yorkville still has some pieces of cladding missing at the top of its podium. Drives me nuts! Regarding Verve, I wish it was taller and I'm holding my breath to see how it turns out at the top. Thanks for the pic.

Don't hold your breath, it ain't pretty

From Bay street. Still not a fan of this building but it is making an impact on the skyline. For me too much pre-cast, to much green and to top things off a roof that could look ridiculous. I'll wait until it's complete to write this thing off, so far i don't see what all the fuss is about. Anyway, here is a really bad picture I took today from Bay street.
I think it makes a good "eatern gate" to the Gay Village personally, especially when looking from Yonge (or even Bay).

That white strip of concrete blends in quite well with those apartment buildings. However it doesn't make this project look very appealing. Slightly disappointed with this one

2100035960_2ec0587dea_o.jpg

does anyone know if anything is going on with the large piece of land east of Bay Street and south of Wellesley? (where the blue hoarding is in this photo)

Back