News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 899     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 355     0 

Verve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

the building looks great, will look even better when it is done.

those circular buildings in the foreground also reportedly have the highest per-capita density of transvestites in the city residing in them.

Not while the Conservatives rule the roost. He musta made it up. It's observational humour masquerading as fact, just like that 'building looks great' joke.

December 6th Update

The 38th floor is nearing completion. Glass is beginning to be installed onto the lofts now.

The 500 Sherbourne site can be seen to the left of the Verve lofts.

A Minor Variance notice has been posted seeking additional height for the tower. It's not indicated how much height they are seeking or for what purpose.

Verve_Dec6-07.jpg

Verve_height_increase_Dec6-07.jpg

You go girl (Verve). I hate Tridel as much as the next fellow but you always get what's promised.... plus a few extra promises it seems.

P.S. I'm just guessing they want to "build" on success... which is kinda like Trump only the opposite.

I overheard a construction worker in a nearby restaurant the other day talking about the building. "Hell of a job", I said, "pouring that those floors up there in the cold."
"Yep", he said, "fifteen more to go!"
I was wondering if I heard him correctly, or if he made it up, or just plain got it wrong. Or maybe he meant fifteen more to clad.
Anyway, there you go.

the height is already looking pretty good on this baby. Still very impressed with the re-making of most of this block... thats how a city is built, one block at a time.

I am certainly enjoying watching this baby rise. Hopefully they will get the additional height. There are tall buildings in the area already and being this close to Bloor/Yonge makes it a wise place for the increased density. It will certainly be interesting to see how this middle-class building affects its neighbours.

Wow, good find dt_geek! I wonder if it'll just be for a couple more floors?

Thanks casaguy, I almost missed it on my way back from Cycle Solutions & did a double take when I saw the posting.

I'd give them a few more floors on condition that they redesign the top of the building to finish it up a little more dramatically. It would give the building some redemption if a decent looking roof treatment were added.

I'm just thinking out loud...

Those round buildings were built in the 80's & converted to condos before the real estate market tanked, I think they're called Celebrity Place. They're mostly 2 bedrooms in the 850 sq. ft. range with great size balconies.

I live across from them and marvel at those balconies in the summer. They're oddly shaped but unusual in that they're very deep. A lot of people seem to have dining facilities and/or sitting areas on them. Lots of dinner and cocktail parties take place on those balconies.

I live across from them and marvel at those balconies in the summer. They're oddly shaped but unusual in that they're very deep. A lot of people seem to have dining facilities and/or sitting areas on them. Lots of dinner and cocktail parties take place on those balconies.

They are huge. Nearly as big as the living/dining area, and about the same size (if not bigger) than the second bedroom.

If Tridel does get a height increase, I'd like to see setbacks involved - let's see a real top on this building! 6 to 8 more floors with terraces, etc.

(I've just returned from New York and I want setbacks setbacks setbacks! And, uh, a warm pretzel.)

Back