News   Mar 28, 2024
 170     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

TTC: Streetcar Network

That is a sight for sore eyes. I am so godamn sick of the buses on the 505.
Isn't that Dundas/Victoria/Dundas Square intersection to have a track rebuild this year? I suppose that could be a simple diversion though; Church-Carlton-Bay without any bus substitution?

Isn't that Dundas/Victoria/Dundas Square intersection to have a track rebuild this year? I suppose that could be a simple diversion though; Church-Carlton-Bay without any bus substitution?
I think they are only doing Victoria Street - from Dundas to Queen. If I remember right, the intersection was done about 6 years ago.

I think they are only doing Victoria Street - from Dundas to Queen. If I remember right, the intersection was done about 6 years ago.

You're right. It was actually only a two and a half years ago they did that intersection, though it feels like six years.

Reactions: DSC
1582374278390.png

Here's the Outline link if you hit the paywall: https://outline.com/M3XMnN

Caused by a trolley. Should have switched over the pantograph last year, or when the last CLRV left revenue service.
Unfortunately, they didn't have all of the funding they should have in place to be able to do that plus also the city cancelled the planned work at Queen and Roccevale and differed it to this year instead.

Unfortunately, they didn't have all of the funding they should have in place to be able to do that plus also the city cancelled the planned work at Queen and Roccevale and differed it to this year instead.

Because of other work at the intersections of Dundas & College and Dundas & Howard Park they are going to be deferring King, Queen, Queensway and Roncesvalles work until next year. They don't want to cut off every East-West major street from Bloor to Lakeshore at the same time.

Oh wonderful, another thing for me to be irrationally paranoid about!

I've already had my close call with a projectile from a streetcar (originating from the wheel area). But my fairly new fear is a spark falling on me. Got no evidence to back this, but it seems in my eyes at least that streetcars have gotten more sparky. See a lot of zaps and sparks, at least more than I remember.

But sure enough on Fri was biking on College and a spark managed to make its way down to the ground and stayed for a good second. Maybe two. Imagine that on your noggin.

Caused by a trolley. Should have switched over the pantograph last year, or when the last CLRV left revenue service.
Is Church Done as Well, Dundas, Queen, Victoria, parts of the Queensway, Russell yard, Connaught and King?? Until they are done, NO PANS.

Again underfunding of the TTC.
Most of it, except the Roncesvalles area that control by the city delay funding. Without that area, 504, 501 and other routes that operate out of Roncesvalles yard can't use pans. Even if Russell and Connaught are rebuilt for pans, 501 can't use pans. Other than CLRV's store on 20-22 tracks, the yard was 100% empty.

Reactions: max

Back