846     0 

TTC: Streetcar Network

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
View attachment 232320
Here's the Outline link if you hit the paywall: https://outline.com/M3XMnN
Caused by a trolley. Should have switched over the pantograph last year, or when the last CLRV left revenue service.

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Caused by a trolley. Should have switched over the pantograph last year, or when the last CLRV left revenue service.
Unfortunately, they didn't have all of the funding they should have in place to be able to do that plus also the city cancelled the planned work at Queen and Roccevale and differed it to this year instead.

max

Member Bio
Reaction score
Unfortunately, they didn't have all of the funding they should have in place to be able to do that plus also the city cancelled the planned work at Queen and Roccevale and differed it to this year instead.
Because of other work at the intersections of Dundas & College and Dundas & Howard Park they are going to be deferring King, Queen, Queensway and Roncesvalles work until next year. They don't want to cut off every East-West major street from Bloor to Lakeshore at the same time.

TheTigerMaster

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

44 North

Member Bio
Reaction score
Oh wonderful, another thing for me to be irrationally paranoid about!
I've already had my close call with a projectile from a streetcar (originating from the wheel area). But my fairly new fear is a spark falling on me. Got no evidence to back this, but it seems in my eyes at least that streetcars have gotten more sparky. See a lot of zaps and sparks, at least more than I remember.

But sure enough on Fri was biking on College and a spark managed to make its way down to the ground and stayed for a good second. Maybe two. Imagine that on your noggin.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Is Church Done as Well, Dundas, Queen, Victoria, parts of the Queensway, Russell yard, Connaught and King?? Until they are done, NO PANS.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Again underfunding of the TTC.
Most of it, except the Roncesvalles area that control by the city delay funding. Without that area, 504, 501 and other routes that operate out of Roncesvalles yard can't use pans. Even if Russell and Connaught are rebuilt for pans, 501 can't use pans. Other than CLRV's store on 20-22 tracks, the yard was 100% empty.

Reactions: max

Allandale25

Member Bio
Reaction score

max

Member Bio
Reaction score
A few interesting tidbits from Steve Munro in: TTC Streetcar Network Changes in 2020

Sections of Dundas are now pantograph only, but with all the delays in upgrading the overhead not all of the 505 route is ready for pantograph use. TTC staff will be stationed at Dundas & Broadview to assist with pantograph to trolley pole switching. This operation will continue until Broadview from Gerrard to Danforth is fully converted to a pantograph-friendly design over the next few months. :rolleyes:

The other big piece of news is that owing to work along the 506 route freeing up some cars, the streetcars return to Kingston Road in mid-May. There's quite a bit of 506 work in the west end to get through so this should last a while.

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sections of Dundas are now pantograph only, but with all the delays in upgrading the overhead not all of the 505 route is ready for pantograph use. TTC staff will be stationed at Dundas & Broadview to assist with pantograph to trolley pole switching. This operation will continue until Broadview from Gerrard to Danforth is fully converted to a pantograph-friendly design over the next few months. :rolleyes:
Yet another example of the TTC treating the streetcar network as a joke. Honestly, how are they bungling this conversion this badly? We're not talking weeks about converting the rest of the 505 line, but months. Who are they kidding here with this non-sense.

Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yet another example of the TTC treating the streetcar network as a joke. Honestly, how are they bungling this conversion this badly? We're not talking weeks about converting the rest of the 505 line, but months. Who are they kidding here with this non-sense.
Seriously - the streetcar will have to switch from panto to trolley pole at Broadview? How bush league is this organization? So embarrassing.