News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 635     0 

TTC: Streetcar Network

The city is doing work on the water lines on it

The new water main was installed months ago and they have finished flushing it. I wonder if something else is going on on Dundas, but as it stands there are a number of pits that remain dug out with seemingly no one on site anymore.

The water main work is done, I believe, but the schedules were heavily padded to account for the construction delays and will only be fixed in the next revision.

The new water main was installed months ago and they have finished flushing it. I wonder if something else is going on on Dundas, but as it stands there are a number of pits that remain dug out with seemingly no one on site anymore.
Probably different departments have to fill them in. Sometimes it seems like each department in the city doesn't know waht the other one is doing. A few nights ago when I was at work I watched them paint new lines at a stoplight, a few days later that side of the road has been torn up for repaving,

How does the 510 Spadina make a right turn on Queen? Does it have a way of making the intersection all-red while it makes the turn?

How does the 510 Spadina make a right turn on Queen? Does it have a way of making the intersection all-red while it makes the turn?
I think 6the only streetcar intersection that doers that is at Fleet, Bathurst and lakeshore wher it goes red for the 509 to go from Bathurst to fleet street and from Fleet street to Bathurst

I don’t know how much this would raise, but the city of Toronto should levy an escalated property tax rate on properties over a certain threshold of square footage or value. The mega-rich can afford to contribute more to fix the quagmire the city’s finances are still in.

A levy on low density property (with a focus on properties in designated metrolinx transit nodes) would encourage high density . However would likely be politically unpalatable. The bridle path crew would see it as an attack on their wealth and the blue collar "Condos everywhere ugh!!!" crowd would see it as a an attack on small town low density communities driven by politicians who are funded by greedy developers.

This is one hell of a deadhead. When is the rest of the storage capacity at Roncesvalles going to re-open?

It seems like operators and passengers treat it as another day at the office. In Canada, that would involve supervisors, police, tow trucks and reports. Sucks to be them to allow any parking in that area, but it looks like, wherever it is, traffic is bit of a free-for-all.

It seems like operators and passengers treat it as another day at the office. In Canada, that would involve supervisors, police, tow trucks and reports. Sucks to be them to allow any parking in that area, but it looks like, wherever it is, traffic is bit of a free-for-all.

Attach a "cow catcher" on the trains. Problem solved.

Happens here in Toronto, where after a heavy snowfall and plowing, some motorists double-park their vehicles over the streetcar tracks, because their errand is so "important". The trouble is that we can't shove the vehicles away from the tracks because of the snow windrows. The city MUST clear the windrows AND parked vehicles fast on streets with streetcar tracks.

AFAIK, all new streetcars need to go the Leslie from time to time as they are the only yard that can currently do full maintenance.
This is true, but I am on Queen each night and the route signs are amazing. 512 to Leslie. 506 to Coxwell. 509 to Leslie. 504 short turn to Leslie. This is a regular occurrence on cars going out of service at night. Russell is despatching about 20 Flexities.

This is true, but I am on Queen each night and the route signs are amazing. 512 to Leslie. 506 to Coxwell. 509 to Leslie. 504 short turn to Leslie. This is a regular occurrence on cars going out of service at night. Russell is despatching about 20 Flexities.

Are some actually going there simply for a crew change? I know there's no overnight streetcar service on St. Clair but there's lots on the other routes now, especially King and Queen. Do they do make nighttime crew changes out in the field, or at the carhouse?

Back