News   Jul 09, 2024
 267     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 460     0 

TTC: Stations that Need Improvements

-Ask the STM cleaners when they clean Snowdon, Lionel-Groulx, Jean-Talon, De l'eglise and Charlevoix stations...
Is the TTC so broke that they cant buy equipment for that...?

Its true that our subway is like every other system in the world...
Our subway is nothing like the Montreal subway ... for a start are the tyres! :)

And when I lived there, I didn't see the far walls at Snowdon ever cleaned - they were covered with graffiti, all over the artwork ... maintenance was far worse than TTC - I've never seen graffiti kept on station walls for years like I've seen it in Montreal metro stations. Snowdon was in horrible shape when it was only a few years old ... most 40-year old TTC stations looked far better maintained.

Our subway is nothing like the Montreal subway ... for a start are the tyres! :)

And when I lived there, I didn't see the far walls at Snowdon ever cleaned - they were covered with graffiti, all over the artwork ... maintenance was far worse than TTC - I've never seen graffiti kept on station walls for years like I've seen it in Montreal metro stations. Snowdon was in horrible shape when it was only a few years old ... most 40-year old TTC stations looked far better maintained.

lol!
I lived at snowdon....

The wall's away from the plateform like in most TTC station.

Maintenance was worse than TTC?
no comments...
Its dirtier here...period

The TTC has Imposed some measures for cleaning. They have a report on the Station Appearance program.

They'll have an update sometime this year, this report documents what they have done so far to keep the cleanliness

http://www3.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Co...mber_17_2009/Reports/SUBWAY_STATION_APPEA.pdf

As For yonge, they're probably waiting until that wall collapses onto an incoming train, how is it still standing, i'd imagine that the grout would be almost gone...

lol!
I lived at snowdon....

The wall's away from the plateform like in most TTC station.

Maintenance was worse than TTC?
no comments...
Its dirtier here...period
I also lived near it ... I used that station every day at one point. For years in the 1980s and into the 1990s the artwork and the wall were covered with spray paint. Perhaps they've found a solution ... though how they'd ever save those murals after what happened to them is beyond me ...

Compared to other systems I've used, Toronto maintenance isn't that bad. The New York city subway is far, far worse - smelling urine there is a daily event. And Paris is shockingly shabby!

Do I recall some specific explanation for this current bout of chronic Yonge spalling--something to do either with the 1 Yonge demolition or the Bloor reconstruction; anyway, a recently inadvertently aggravated situation...

Just a thought, would it be beneficial to have a second entrance/exit on Dell Park Avenue for Lawrence West station?

Last edited:
It'd only be beneficial if some massive North York Centre-style condoization was in store for Dell Park. But I can see the concern; thanks to the ramps from the Allen Rd and all, North York Centre is rather dauntingly insular...

i duno about u guys, but i personally find the ttc website useless...they never update it. if you go to the news page, its always old news...things we already know. if you click on the projects and construction link, they still got documents from the year 2004 or sumthin, and the subway extension projects...the station designs, always just shows the same thing over and over again...nothing special imo...

Are you looking at the current TTC site? It's updated frequently. Bus route information is updated as soon as the schedules change. Maps are current. Service details are released regularily. Disruptions are posted several times a day. There are news releases from as recently as last week.

I'm not sure what you are expecting, but it looks very well maintained to me!

Are you looking at the current TTC site? It's updated frequently. Bus route information is updated as soon as the schedules change. Maps are current. Service details are released regularily. Disruptions are posted several times a day. There are news releases from as recently as last week.

I'm not sure what you are expecting, but it looks very well maintained to me!

what u mentioned is fine, these i have no problems with, its the "projects and initiatives" link and the content thats inside. i was able to find a render of finch west station on another site but the main TTC site still says more info coming soon...and the same goes for other stations. the news section shud be updated daily as well, unless they do it weekly and not daily. i duno just a thought. i just think that there's missing information.

what u mentioned is fine, these i have no problems with, its the "projects and initiatives" link and the content thats inside. i was able to find a render of finch west station on another site but the main TTC site still says more info coming soon...and the same goes for other stations. the news section shud be updated daily as well, unless they do it weekly and not daily. i duno just a thought. i just think that there's missing information.

Yeah I don't think that type of information is quite their priority, they focus more on what information that the average passenger needs...

it's useless in the sense that there is not enough information about what is currently happening with the ttc. i was just hoping they post something like up to date news such as when the new delivery date is for the new trains, what plans they have for the rest of the this year and upcoming years, etc. i understand that the site is mainly used for checking service status, and other general inquiries. i just wanted something extra...that's all ><" or maybe i am being greedy cause after all i am an impatient guy. i hate to wait for things to happen. i hate it when i am not informed about something that i shud know.

I'm surprised how much extra there is. There is report after report. Document after document. They indicate delivery starting in 2010; isn't that enough?

Back