News   Jul 09, 2024
 480     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 535     0 

TTC: Stations that Need Improvements

Yeah, i don't think there are too many websites that might meet your criteria, they have other things to do other than go on the computer and make reports and updates every second something happens.

I don't care if they take a year to update a page on a project aslong as you can go and see it yourself, and see if there is progress coming along, and if so i'm happy.

fair enough to both of you =) my case rests here. just gotta wait patiently then...sigh...

4274364596_89d34eda22_o.jpg

In the past 48 hours, the tiles at Davisville, on the weat wall of the north staircase from the bus platform to the mezannine have developed this same problem. Water must be seeping in from somewhere, going through a freeze/thaw cycle through the recent rapid temperature shifts, then breaking through the tiles.

that picture reminds me of the first day when i took the ttc...came to toronto in 1995, so do the math lol

Sleeping on the job

Wonderful to see the sleeping TTC fare collector at McGowan go viral. It is attracting quite a few comments at the Torstar website.

It stimulated me to wake up - but I'm not on the job - and send the photos of the grunge wall at Bloor and Yonge along with the question of when we could expect action to the TTC chair. I will not lose any sleep if there is no reply but it does lead me to wonder whether anybody has been sending photos to accompany comments to the TTC; what has been the response if any.

Is McCowan currently a station or a stop on the Scarborough Rapid Transit Line (SRT)? Just verifying about the definition, especially should the SRT be converted to LRV operation. This thread is about stations that need improvements, not stops. Sorry to be picky.

ff5c748e4ba18de9d105d65778a3.jpeg

Last edited:
Its McCowan :) and its a station as classified by the TTC.

Poor man... even though he fell asleep i can imagine the ridicule he's facing... they even aired it on Breakfast television

Last edited:
Is McGowan currently a station or a stop on the Scarborough Rapid Transit Line (SRT)? Just verifying about the definition, especially should the SRT be converted to LRV operation. This thread is about stations that need improvements, not stops. Sorry to be picky.

McCowan is a station with a fare-paid area (which I'm assuming is the difference between a station and a stop)... hence the need for a fare collector. Even if the SRT is converted, the current and planned stations will still retain the fare-paid areas and will still be stations.

i thought they were gona tear down the SRT, no? i mean it would be nice if the SRT was converted to subway...imo

i thought they were gona tear down the SRT, no? i mean it would be nice if the SRT was converted to subway...imo

I don't believe they'd need to tear it down if they're going to turn it into a streetcar line, its standard gauge already I believe. Lets face it the people incharge will do anything to avoid buliding subways from what has been happening lately.

I don't believe they'd need to tear it down if they're going to turn it into a streetcar line, its standard gauge already I believe. Lets face it the people incharge will do anything to avoid buliding subways from what has been happening lately.

oh right, i almost forgot about the scarborough-malvern LRT, it's still under EA though...the project's been pushed back...

If the SRT is going to be converted to LRT this particular line will have station and not stops. I got a booklet, and these are just plans-nothing concrete yet. but after McCowan station they plan to have a station at Bellamy, and the yards for the LRT cars will be there, another station at Centenial College, Progress Campus(this station will have many bus bays, and the final SRT station at Sheppard, which will be underground beneath the Sheppard East LRT and it too will have a fare paid zone. Their is an artists rendering for another station, but I don't think the funding was approved (I hope it is though) and that is a station at Malvern Town Center-the western edge of it- and this station too will have many bus bays for a lot of feeder routes.

These are just proposals but I do hope the extension to Malvern Town Center becomes reality.

If the SRT is going to be converted to LRT this particular line will have station and not stops. I got a booklet, and these are just plans-nothing concrete yet. but after McCowan station they plan to have a station at Bellamy, and the yards for the LRT cars will be there, another station at Centenial College, Progress Campus(this station will have many bus bays, and the final SRT station at Sheppard, which will be underground beneath the Sheppard East LRT and it too will have a fare paid zone. Their is an artists rendering for another station, but I don't think the funding was approved (I hope it is though) and that is a station at Malvern Town Center-the western edge of it- and this station too will have many bus bays for a lot of feeder routes.

These are just proposals but I do hope the extension to Malvern Town Center becomes reality.

cool! thanks for the update! just gotta wait for the official news now...

Back