News   Sep 30, 2020
 340     0 
News   Sep 30, 2020
 2.4K     6 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Richard White

Member Bio
Reaction score
The TTC is relocating its Photo ID Office to Bathurst station.

It's newer, more spacious, in a busier location, and is accessible, unlike its old location at Sherbourne station.

I wonder what will the space in Sherbourne station be used for after the move to Bathurst station?
I am trying to place this in Bathurst. Where is it going to be located in the station?

As for Sherbourne I can see them putting a connection to the elevator in there. Don't forget they are putting in an elevator in Sherbourne station that would be right where the office was located.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
@drum118 usually has a good beat on that sort of thing.
The last sections will not be completed until 2021/22 or when Roncesvalles/Queen/King/Queensway intersection is rebuilt. This includes the Queensway up to Parkside Dr, as well to the yard. Then, if I am not mistaken, Russell yard has to be rebuilt.

Otherwise, the system is basely done for 501L, 503, 504B, 505, 506, 509, 510, 511 and 512.

Everything east of Dufferin St for 501 & 504 is supposed to be done. Been months since I really looked at the overhead to see if the missing section have been done, and expect they have been.

There is a lot of room on the Bathurst concourse level for a Photo ID area and the station is accessibly where Sherbourne isn't at this time.

Last edited:

CityStay

Member Bio
Reaction score
The TTC is relocating its Photo ID Office to Bathurst station.

It's newer, more spacious, in a busier location, and is accessible, unlike its old location at Sherbourne station.

I wonder what will the space in Sherbourne station be used for after the move to Bathurst station?
In Montreal you can have your school send your student I.D. photo to the STM and they will send your photo OPUS card to you.
Maybe the TTC could do this, in 2030-2040?

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The last sections will not be completed until 2021/22 or when Roncesvalles/Queen/King/Queensway intersection is rebuilt. This includes the Queensway up to Parkside Dr, as well to the yard. Then, if I am not mistaken, Russell yard has to be rebuilt.

Otherwise, the system is basely done for 501L, 503, 504B, 505, 506, 509, 510, 511 and 512.

Everything east of Dufferin St for 501 & 504 is supposed to be done. Been months since I really looked at the overhead to see if the missing section have been done, and expect they have been.

There is a lot of room on the Bathurst concourse level for a Photo ID area and the station is accessibly where Sherbourne isn't at this time.
They still have work to do on the overhead on Church and on the Richmond-Victoria-Adelaide turning circle - as this is a fairly often used detour it seems odd it has not yet been done but.....

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
In Montreal you can have your school send your student I.D. photo to the STM and they will send your photo OPUS card to you.
The TTC usually has photographers go out to the high schools in Toronto at the beginning of September. When I was in high school it was the same day that they took the yearbook photos.

smallspy

Member Bio
Reaction score
They've been doing it that way for well over 30 years in Toronto. In fact, you get your TTC student card the same day - no waiting.

This office is simply for students who missed their school dates, were not able to attend or people who need photo ID to accompany their special passes.

Dan

Steve X

Member Bio
Reaction score
They've been doing it that way for well over 30 years in Toronto. In fact, you get your TTC student card the same day - no waiting.

This office is simply for students who missed their school dates, were not able to attend or people who need photo ID to accompany their special passes.

Dan
I don't know if things have changed but they charged more for on site university day visits so there is an incentive to actually go to Sherbourne (now Bathurst).

smallspy

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't know if things have changed but they charged more for on site university day visits so there is an incentive to actually go to Sherbourne (now Bathurst).
When I was in university they didn't have a student discount, so I have no idea what they did after that. I was referring to the student cards they handed out to high school students.

Dan

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
When I went to high school in the 1960's, this was the fares back then. From link.

1596634839344.png

Students didn't get a discount during the summer, nor during the Christmas and Spring breaks, not on weekends, and not after 4:30 in the afternoon. Needed to use the TTC, deposit TWO student fare tickets please.

Coolstar

Member Bio
Reaction score

rbt

Member Bio
Reaction score
I heard platform screen doors for Line 1 and 2 are fully funded and will cost $1.3 Billion to implement.
You clearly heard wrong. Line 2 doesn't have funded ATO signals or ATO capable trains; either making the cost closer to $3B for that line alone.

Accounting wise, the initiating project incurrs the full cost even if some pieces would have been done eventually anyway. See Sheppard LRT which funded majority of the GO segregation despite that being on Metrolinx's TODO list.

Coolstar

Member Bio
Reaction score
You clearly heard wrong. Line 2 doesn't have funded ATO signals or ATO capable trains; either making the cost closer to $3B for that line alone.

Accounting wise, the initiating project incurrs the full cost even if some pieces would have been done eventually anyway. See Sheppard LRT which funded majority of the GO segregation despite that being on Metrolinx's TODO list.
It's mentioned in the article but is behind a paywall. If anyone has The Star and is willing to unwrap the article.