News   Dec 03, 2020
 767     0 
News   Dec 03, 2020
 1.1K     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
My goodness this is actually the slowest process ever. How long is this skylight repair saga going to drag on for.

TossYourJacket

Member Bio
Reaction score
By "repair", do they mean the replacing the not-working original neon lights with working LED lights?

From 1986.

See link. (From 2016.)
One would hope so, but I could also imagine that somehow getting put into a separate contract, and this just being something like fixing seals around the glass, because government.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This year riders on the 504 will not have to deal with TIFF and detours for it.

One hope this will be the the start that 504 riders will not having to worry about the impact on them caused by TIFF anymore.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Saw a 512 run a red light yesterday - is this normal?
I have been on cars that have run red lights and is includes buses as well.

Running red lights is common for a number of systems that I have ridden on.

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
For those who like to see old TTC streetcar track..

Ariba Doc No.2509473952, Contract No. 20ECS-TI-10SP (164-2020) Road resurfacing and TTC track removal at Church Street from Gloucester Street to Park Road with Traffic Signal relocation at Charles Street and Isabella Street
Streetcar track is already popping up through the pavement in places north of Wellesley, including in front of the 519 Centre and up around Isabella. They were last used in revenue service in mid 1954, though it may have lasted through 1966 as a connection to the Bloor-Danforth Streetcar.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I think it means when microtransit is cheaper than a regular bus at certain times of the day. TTC would have to do the math and produce a report for every route and every period.

Ford isn't going to fund a bus when there's only a two riders hoping on the entire hour. As we all know that'll fail ttc's financial requirements so there isn't much of those around.

I think the idea works for low ridership periods for those branches that loops to serve a specific neighborhoods. Let's say the 55 Warren Park. They could have park a van at Jane and take any riders that is heading to those specific stops only served by the 55. Or they could use a van for the 118 to bring riders to and from the 96/165. The van won't go pass Wilson/Jane so riders going east would have to transfer. This only works during times when the 118 is an extra bus serving Wilson. Spring the day, the 118 is also need to add capacity for the 96/165 or otherwise they'll need to increase service, it is obviously better to keep the bus running.

I wouldn't be against it if this is temporary only till ridership recovers and funding ends. Long term use of this would be a major inconvenience to riders and security is questionable. Do everyone trust being alone at night in an Uber?

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Actually, there is a "subway" serving Spadina Road. It's a section of Line 1 with stations at SPADINA (original suggested name of LOWTHER), DUPONT, and ST. CLAIR AVENUE WEST, before veering west of Bathurst Street and continuing northwest. There was a moving sidewalk between the SPADINA station on Line 2 and the SPADINA station on Line 1, but the bean-counters (who obviously don't use public transit) got rid of it (see link).

Since the TTC got rid of the moving sidewalk between the Line 1 SPADINA and the Line 2 SPADINA stations, maybe they should go what the Dutch did with one of their tunnels. Use bicycle shuttles.