News   Dec 13, 2019
 1.5K     3 
News   Dec 13, 2019
 718     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Streety McCarface

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not really. This is a common practice on the tube. When I was in London in 2017 Oxford Circus was regularly shut down during rush hour and made exit only. This allow people to exit the station but not board.

You could not transfer between lines at the station during the shut down but it cleared out the crowds.
yeah but that's london, almost half of people on each line have to transfer for their commute, and it seems like they're shifting everyone over to St. George, which is a lot worse from a crowding standpoint.

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
What the hell happened?

View attachment 214912
The garbage signal system on the Bloor-Danforth line decided to screw up during rush hour causing "longer than normal travel times" between Sherbourne and Ossington. The TTC claimed travel times would be 15 mins longer than normal, but as usual they fib and the delays were much more significant.

I was commuting back from the East end and as soon as I heard "signal problem" and "15 mins longer than normal travel times" I didnt even bother with them. I got off at Main Street and just took the GO across town.

They really need to replace the damn signal system, instead of patching it up every other day and then seeing the same problems pop up again the next day. I'm actually surprised it didn't happen again between Victoria Park and Kennedy (literally they have signal issues on this stretch every.single.day). Just monitor the TTC Twitter Alerts page and count how many times in a week it happens.

Richard White

Member Bio
Reaction score
The garbage signal system on the Bloor-Danforth line decided to screw up during rush hour causing "longer than normal travel times" between Sherbourne and Ossington. The TTC claimed travel times would be 15 mins longer than normal, but as usual they fib and the delays were much more significant.

I was commuting back from the East end and as soon as I heard "signal problem" and "15 mins longer than normal travel times" I didnt even bother with them. I got off at Main Street and just took the GO across town.

They really need to replace the damn signal system, instead of patching it up every other day and then seeing the same problems pop up again the next day. I'm actually surprised it didn't happen again between Victoria Park and Kennedy (literally they have signal issues on this stretch every.single.day). Just monitor the TTC Twitter Alerts page and count how many times in a week it happens.
Honestly, short of a catastrophic sustained failure of the Line 2 signal system such as a system wide power surge frying the signals they wont fix it anytime soon.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Request for Proposal
Call number:Doc2092511351
Commodity:Goods and Services, Transportation Services and Rentals
Description:Automated Transit Shuttle Trial Service
The City of Toronto is seeking a qualified Vendor to supply a automated transit shuttle service using a vehicle that operates with a High Degree of Automation for a limited-term trial in the City of Toronto. The project is jointly delivered by the City of Toronto Transportation Services Division in partnership with the Toronto Transit Commission (“TTC”) and Metrolinx.
Issue date:November 14, 2019
Closing date:December 6, 2019
at 12:00 Noon
Notes:Attachment
Doc2092511351 NOIP.pdf (217 Kbytes) - Posted on 11/14/2019 11:32:58 AM

Steve X

Member Bio
Reaction score
Automated Transit Shuttle Trial Service
The City of Toronto is seeking a qualified Vendor to supply a automated transit shuttle service using a vehicle that operates with a High Degree of Automation for a limited-term trial in the City of Toronto. The project is jointly delivered by the City of Toronto Transportation Services Division in partnership with the Toronto Transit Commission (“TTC”) and Metrolinx.
Does no one really proofreads at city hall?

Richard White

Member Bio
Reaction score
Anyone know what's going on at Warden?

For the past few days there have been survey crews at the station in the bus bays, on the subway platforms etc with theodolites.

Looks like they are about to undertake some work.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited:

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

Richard White

Member Bio
Reaction score

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Holy crap! Where did that come from?
Its been in the pipeline the last 5 years and to go where it was proposed about 5 years ago. Lot of it was held up waiting for permission to build under Hydro One overhead lines. It was to be built along the lines of VP layout. It been in the capital budget for years or supposed to be.

They better put in more than one elevators, as there will be an issues with one of them at any given time. Having one only is a joke and a slap in the face of the accessibility community.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Its been in the pipeline the last 5 years and to go where it was proposed about 5 years ago. Lot of it was held up waiting for permission to build under Hydro One overhead lines. It was to be built along the lines of VP layout. It been in the capital budget for years or supposed to be.

They better put in more than one elevators, as there will be an issues with one of them at any given time. Having one only is a joke and a slap in the face of the accessibility community.
Having only one elevator assumes that the one elevator will NEVER breakdown, undergo maintenance, nor be put out of use. That is why I hope the new stations of the Crosstown LRT will have more than one elevator to serve them.

Likely after the old stations of Line 1 and Line 2 get their elevators installed, after 2025, they will then start to install second elevators.(Not going to happen with the fiscal conservatives on city council and Queen's Park, to whom money is more important than service.)