News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Because Davisville is a far smaller station circulation-wise than St. Clair, and is not capable of handling the crowds.

As well, some of the early closures involved shutting down the power at Davisville (the rest should not unless they've also schedule some trackwork into it).

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Granting the difference between 'planned' closures and emergent circumstances, but I'd love to see that logic applied to turning back trains at Woodbine.

I've been there during such an event, at rush hour, and I can say with certainty it is unsafe. People were unable to exit the platform, people were unable to get off trains, if there had been a fire, people would have died.

That station is far too small to handle a fully loaded train offloading, let alone, several in succession.

I'm surprised there isn't a code requirement around that.

They should either build a new cross-over at Main Street (I am aware of the logistical and cost issues) or expand Woodbine significantly. It needs at least 100% more capacity platform to mezzanine, mezzanine, and mezzanine to surface.

It also needs 200% more bus platform space, at the very least, and one artic-friendly platform. (during the fireworks down at Ashbridges, they put Artics on the adjacent side street and had people line up to board them off-site.

Only thing is the line ran down said street, down Woodbine (blocking other buses entering the station), down to Danforth and across the street. Not a practical way to do things. Complete obstruction of a very narrow side walk too!

Granting the difference between 'planned' closures and emergent circumstances, but I'd love to see that logic applied to turning back trains at Woodbine.

I've been there during such an event, at rush hour, and I can say with certainty it is unsafe. People were unable to exit the platform, people were unable to get off trains, if there had been a fire, people would have died.

That station is far too small to handle a fully loaded train offloading, let alone, several in succession.

I'm surprised there isn't a code requirement around that.

They should either build a new cross-over at Main Street (I am aware of the logistical and cost issues) or expand Woodbine significantly. It needs at least 100% more capacity platform to mezzanine, mezzanine, and mezzanine to surface.

It also needs 200% more bus platform space, at the very least, and one artic-friendly platform. (during the fireworks down at Ashbridges, they put Artics on the adjacent side street and had people line up to board them off-site.

Only thing is the line ran down said street, down Woodbine (blocking other buses entering the station), down to Danforth and across the street. Not a practical way to do things. Complete obstruction of a very narrow side walk too!

Honestly, Woodbine was designed as nothing more than a temporary terminus at a time when the system had much less usage.

Realistically the only way to resolve this problem would be to have shuttles run to Greenwood and the trains to Woodbine. This would help alleviate the crowds as Westbound passengers could disembark at Woodbine and Eastbound passengers could disembark at 3 different locations.

Took someone for a streetcar ride on the Queensway this past Sunday and noticed red slow order signs for 3 pole spacing west of the Humber bridge. No idea if its for the track or overhead. Something that brand new and having problems already is unreal.

They have open the hut at the loop and no washroom there for the public.

There were 2 cars parked there when we arrived. Got on the first one and almost crush load leaving the loop. A 2nd follow us empty with 2 more cars arriving. All CLRV. It was crush load and bypassing stops until University. Only saw 2 Flexity on our trip downtown, as well an ALRV.

Took someone for a streetcar ride on the Queensway this past Sunday and noticed red slow order signs for 3 pole spacing west of the Humber bridge. No idea if its for the track or overhead. Something that brand new and having problems already is unreal.

They have open the hut at the loop and no washroom there for the public.

There were 2 cars parked there when we arrived. Got on the first one and almost crush load leaving the loop. A 2nd follow us empty with 2 more cars arriving. All CLRV. It was crush load and bypassing stops until University. Only saw 2 Flexity on our trip downtown, as well an ALRV.

You made me look at Nextbus.

Two observations.

Shows Zero Flexities on Queen.

Massive 24m service gap on Queen East of Woodbine. No TTC service alert to reflect this.

A 'massive' 24m service gap is usual west of Humber.
I had 2 20+ gaps at Ronc a week ago and miss one when 4 cars show up in a convoy for 501.

Shows Zero Flexities on Queen.
Off-hand, I don't think there's been any Flexitiies on 501 on Queen all this week or last.

Massive 24m service gap on Queen East of Woodbine. No TTC service alert to reflect this.
Sadly, that's not unusual. Both the huge gaps and lack of service alerts about the huge gaps. Invariably, you can look at a map of all the current streetcar locations, and find one route or another with a large gap.

St Patrick becomes TTC's 45th accessible station

December 5, 2018

St Patrick Station has become the 45th of the TTC's 75 stations to provide accessible access to the subway system.

The new accessible entrance is located at 480 University Ave., the northwest corner of University Ave. and Dundas St. W. The elevators connect the street to the concourse and subway platforms levels (see attached illustration). This entrance also includes weather-protected stairs.

This upgrade includes installation of Barbara Todd's 'Many Little Plans' to be installed at a later date. More on the artist's concept is available at https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ttc.ca%2FAbout_the_TTC%2FProjects%2FPublic_art%2Findex.jsp&data=02%7C01%7C%7C777ba6cb54a849e8970a08d65ae77e95%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636796347658228666&sdata=fJuPUqZ2Epuy6ajxWyD8vsEMVKbX0c5XPzYI8Fnf8Zk%3D&reserved=0

The TTC thanks customers for their patience during construction as we work to improve transit in Toronto. The TTC also commends staff who worked to find and implement innovative solutions to the complicated task of installing elevators while maintaining service in a busy downtown subway station.

Two more stations - Dupont and Royal York - are scheduled for completion in 2019. The TTC has committed to becoming fully accessible by 2025 under its Easier Access Program.

These accessibility improvements support the TTC's Family of Services model which gives Wheel-Trans customers the option to use accessible conventional transit services such as the bus and subway. Family of Services is a part of the Wheel-Trans 10-Year Strategy that aims to reimagine and transform the accessible public transit services that are delivered to customers with disabilities.
1544039598811.png

Last edited:
St Patrick becomes TTC's 45th accessible station

December 5, 2018

St Patrick Station has become the 45th of the TTC's 75 stations to provide accessible access to the subway system.

The new accessible entrance is located at 480 University Ave., the northwest corner of University Ave. and Dundas St. W. The elevators connect the street to the concourse and subway platforms levels (see attached illustration). This entrance also includes weather-protected stairs.

This upgrade includes installation of Barbara Todd's 'Many Little Plans' to be installed at a later date. More on the artist's concept is available at https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ttc.ca%2FAbout_the_TTC%2FProjects%2FPublic_art%2Findex.jsp&data=02%7C01%7C%7C777ba6cb54a849e8970a08d65ae77e95%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636796347658228666&sdata=fJuPUqZ2Epuy6ajxWyD8vsEMVKbX0c5XPzYI8Fnf8Zk%3D&reserved=0

The TTC thanks customers for their patience during construction as we work to improve transit in Toronto. The TTC also commends staff who worked to find and implement innovative solutions to the complicated task of installing elevators while maintaining service in a busy downtown subway station.

Two more stations - Dupont and Royal York - are scheduled for completion in 2019. The TTC has committed to becoming fully accessible by 2025 under its Easier Access Program.

These accessibility improvements support the TTC's Family of Services model which gives Wheel-Trans customers the option to use accessible conventional transit services such as the bus and subway. Family of Services is a part of the Wheel-Trans 10-Year Strategy that aims to reimagine and transform the accessible public transit services that are delivered to customers with disabilities.
View attachment 166158

When will Royal York be done, Drum ? Is there a clear timeline, or is it just " 2019 " ?

Back