News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

So instead of bitch-slapping ourselves silly here, what do you propose?

Nothing complicated. The people of Toronto need to decide whether they'd rather be able to move around the city effectively, or save themselves a few cents a day. Clearly my prefrence would be to pay marginally more taxes to be able to move aroids the city more effectively. If Toronto disagrees, they need to be content with being late for work in the name of saving $15 per year. Terrible services is a consequence of voting for nearly a decade in tax cuts.

Last edited:
It may replace the 72A PAPE bus though. The 72B PAPE might be renamed and serve only between Queen-Pape and Union Stations, unless the Queens Quay East streetcar/LRT actually happens.
072map.gif
Replacing the 72? Are you serious? There are many seniors in the area that can't walk 20 minutes to get to a subway station. There are at least 5 stops between Danforth and Gerrard. The subway won't replace anything but some might choose to take the subway.

Half this forum thinks everything between major streets is dead space with no one living there. Maybe we should just run ever route as express buses/rockets stopping only on major streets. Subways actually makes local service much worst. Sheppard used to have very frequent bus service until the subway came and turn local service into 20 minute service. Same with Yonge street. I don't think those who live midblock were impress at all. All the time they saved with the subway was spent waiting for a bus or walk time.

Terrible service? TTC is not the best but it sure isn't providing terrible service. Another over-the-top remark about our transit system. :rolleyes:

Hey, I agree with you on that one. But there are a lot of people who'd disagree. To those people, I say pay up or shut up. You can't advocate for a decade of tax cuts and expect great services.

Last edited:
I like the clear (modern) bus and streetcar pictograms and the new Line 2 symbology. It's a nice graphical contrast to see the new designs expressed in this traditional and unique manner.

Back