News   Jul 16, 2024
 323     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 428     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Whoever did this should be disgusted with themselves :mad:
Is that a joke?
We've heard the same refrain of "ramping up" for actually years now.
It seems that since Brad Ross doesn't realize this and has instead drink the Bombardier kool-aid, he has lost what little credibility he had.

It's Brad's job to pass along the message from higher ups. I don't hold him at fault for Bombardier's failures.

Reactions: DSC
Is that a joke?
We've heard the same refrain of "ramping up" for actually years now.
It seems that since Brad Ross doesn't realize this and has instead drink the Bombardier kool-aid, he has lost what little credibility he had.
Have you every talked or Twitter with Brad??? If you have, he will provide the info freely as long as he toe the the line what he can public say regardless what he knows. If he told he can say this and no more, he not going to state the opposite because he knows it wrong and keep his job.

I know Brad and have got various info from him since he been there and a pleasant person to talk to.

Before you attack people in the future, do some home work to find out who they are, what they do, can you talk to them as well communicate with then and the list goes on.

There is a big different between getting 4 cars compare to a goal of 4 per month and that tweet is no different than it was last year.

21 days to see how many show up this month and will it match Bombardier written production list?? I think not.

I really hate seeing the TTC whoring itself out for ad money. I mean, how much can it be? Is it worth selling the visual beauty of the city for?

I just wish they were a bit more judicious in their choice of client. Stuff like car ads that promote the idea of not taking transit should be the last choice, and ads that contradict the fact that they're on a streetcar (such as that food ad (pork?) that says 'Don't lick the bus') need to be handled more intelligently.

TTC ain't getting enough streetcars and yet the 509 is officially converted later this month while Spadina need an additional car as the 510B to QQ is operating in place of 510C to King. Hopefully BBD can delivery 2 cars this month.

Leave Brad Ross alone, at least he's trying. TTC is easy to get info from unlike other transit agencies.

Looking in the buses and streetcars, they are mostly ad-free inside lately. There's very few ads that aren't from the TTC or the provincial government - and far more empty space than filled space.
I've noticed on the subway just how many ads there are for educational institutions. I really hope that I never go to an educational institute that advertises on a subway. Seems like an express to an expensive, low-quality education.
Is that a joke?
I don't know if it's a joke, but it's factually incorrect. The average time between deliveries since the strike to date is 34.7 days. Remaining exactly on track since the last delivery, would require the next one to arrive March 14th. I would say this precisely meets the definition of not ramping up. I also remember reading that the new target was a streetcar every 4 days instead of 4 per month.

TTC ain't getting enough streetcars and yet the 509 is officially converted later this month while Spadina need an additional car as the 510B to QQ is operating in place of 510C to King. Hopefully BBD can delivery 2 cars this month.

I really hope enough arrive soon to start converting the 511.

I really hope enough arrive soon to start converting the 511.
There were some hints recently, that the plan might change after 509.

How crush-loaded is 511 currently in peak - I only ever seem to ride it on evenings and weekends. I might hazard a guess that it might not be the first priority for relief any longer.

Some humorous wraps:

951afda8b10033d230e76f91e44b7431.jpg

24879f050386c63fb2f1c8c1f1feb37e.jpg

df85907ff1682c7b9c7d272517d8b928.jpg

accordion_ad.jpg

painted_bus20.jpg

41093dd32d61a353d867919feaca32f3.jpg

494a7df69cb94ec98f5a5f881aacc179.jpg

860cf51f1d8a43d113336a66d9256f6b.jpg

Nope. Wraps are awful, whether they're on Orion VII buses, on station walls and flooring, or on our fancy new streetcars. Traditional card advertising is fine.

Wraps cover up windows, partially or completely blocking views (the perforations make for very uncomfortable viewing in the interior). They block out the transit agency's own brand. And the TTC has a very valuable brand.

There's no upside to wraps. Whatever the TTC nets from such ads is minuscule - the entire ad revenue, for all advertisements system wide, is less than $27 million a year. Wrapping vehicles in such manners amounts to less than a rounding error in the TTC's budget.

This article is several weeks' stale by now, but it makes no mention that the Thunder Bay workforce is impacted by any lack of Flexity output. That's downright strange. It must be costing Bombardier a small fortune to maintain a workforce for a production line that is producing next to zilch. They may have moved some people to work on the TR's or the GO Bilevels, but unless those lines are shortstaffed it would not be good business sense to 'make work' for people. I am sure if there had been layoffs attributable to the Flexity delays, this article would have noted that.

http://www.chroniclejournal.com/new...cle_e0b83b84-d5b2-11e5-8f96-3fee4f019c71.html

- Paul

I just wish they were a bit more judicious in their choice of client. Stuff like car ads that promote the idea of not taking transit should be the last choice, and ads that contradict the fact that they're on a streetcar (such as that food ad (pork?) that says 'Don't lick the bus') need to be handled more intelligently.
They aren't the ones taking the ads. Isn't it Pattison or someone like that? I think TTC's ability to say no within the contract is quite limited.

I've noticed on the subway just how many ads there are for educational institutions. I really hope that I never go to an educational institute that advertises on a subway. Seems like an express to an expensive, low-quality education.

Many high quality institutions have advertised on the subway. York U had a campaign last year or the year before, including a poster featuring Jen Keesmaat, a York alumnus. I think Ryerson, my alma mater, has also had ads on the subway, and maybe I'm mis-remembering, but U of T had something on there, but perhaps just a lecture series, or something of that sort. Out of town universities are often featured, as well. Placeslike Dalhousie, which are still your standard reasonably well-respected (party) schools.

There's a lot of specialized vocational training schools who do advertise on the subway... because they know their clientele. Are these schools "low-quality education"? How would you ever know? They're not U of T, but they fill a gap in the education spectrum. Judgment not required.

Back