News   Jul 16, 2024
 398     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 509     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Just a question to anyone on this board that might know the answer has the TTC ever tested the Flex with the Pans up inside of Union station, Spadian and St. Clare West?

This is what we need next to piss the car drivers off more

BKK has received approval to operate the first of its new 56-metre

(183.7 foot)
Urbos 3 trams in Budapest – thought to be the longest trams in the world. 9 cars can be put into service now with 3 more due in the next few months.

As for delivery, look for it on April 1st. 2 day short of a car every 30 days and nothing on the radar.

I think this is the first time I've seen one of the new streetcars with an ad wrap on it.

IMG_5817.JPG
IMG_5818.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5817.JPG
    IMG_5817.JPG
    705.5 KB · Views: 982
  • IMG_5818.JPG
    IMG_5818.JPG
    716.7 KB · Views: 918
Things are getting worse for Bombardier as they just lost out on 850 cars order for Chicago today.

That is the first wrap for the new fleet and have yet to see it.

Things are getting worse for Bombardier as they just lost out on 850 cars order for Chicago today.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/03/09/cta-board-oks-deal-for-nearly-850-new-rail-cars/

Looks like they went with Chinese maker and put this in contract:

"CTA will have the right to stop work on the cars for any reason, should a problem arise. Nothing is paid until cars are accepted by the CTA. Failure to deliver cars on time will result in fines of $300 per day per car."

Why we didn't think of that?

Here was Brad Ross on Twitter yesterday:

@BradTTC
@nfitz1 Ramping up production in March to get us to 4 per month.

"Ramping up in March" with a goal of 4 per month is obviously a bit different from "four per month, starting in March."

Any word on why Chicago didn't select BBD?

Its in the article link I posted few posts up...

"In choosing CSR, CTA bypassed Bombardier, which built its 5000-series cars, the last of which was delivered just five months ago. CTA Vice President/Purchasing Ellen McCormick said the CSR/Sifang proposal was $226 million less than the bid submitted by Montreal-based Bombardier."

It looks like there were 226 million reasons why the did't go with BBD...

Back