News   Jun 24, 2024
 229     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.9K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

TTC: Dufferin Station Modernization (TTC, U/C)

This is all I've got:

picture1xt6.jpg

This station definitely needs a revamp since it's one of the most used, yet most under developed of the system.

At any given time, day or night, you'll find many people in this station or waiting for a bus outside.

The TTC should consider roughing in an underground LRT platform when they update the station.

This is great! I'm so sick of asking politely, then having to shove my way through (since ppl don't respond to politeness in this city) to exit this station. It's also really annoying when 'both' entrances are filled with slush/mud/water. Hopefully the addition will add some sort of drainage system. It can be pretty damn dangerous maneuvering your way down these narrow stairs, especially when soaking wet & congested with commuters!

June 19
Can see why this is costing so much now. Everything is to be stainless steel, top of the line for cost.
5852663608_eec0bd67a1_b.jpg

5852662614_6097bd0892_b.jpg

5852660566_9f21ce03ef_b.jpg

5852659822_4ba7e6f7f0_b.jpg

5852658792_fec0f71e5e_b.jpg

This has got to be the slowest project I've seen yet, they started the east side overhang work in February with a completion date of March...

This has got to be the slowest project I've seen yet, they started the east side overhang work in February with a completion date of March...

It's got nothing on the Kipling station east entrance. The TTC work ethic is legendary.

It's got nothing on the Kipling station east entrance. The TTC work ethic is legendary.

You mean TTC knows how to work!!!!!????.......I thought they love sitting back and watch others work and play cards,...how shocking.

All these pictures just remind me of how much I want that building to be razed and redeveloped. Is this not the infamous building owned by the city which has 50 year leases with no provision for inflation?

I am from Montreal originally but lived most of my adult life in Vancouver (where I got hooked on transit). I have lived in a number of other cities as well and one thing I appreciate in Toronto compared to other cities I have lived in or visited (like my wifes old home of Seoul) is the fact that buses enter directly into the station at many Toronto station. I was hoping that Dufferin was going to do this- it hastens unloading and loading of buses very much having a fare-paid area. Also another benefit of it is that people waiting for connecting buses aren't clogging up sidewalks for people using them. I don't get out there too much but I did check out Dufferin when I moved here to TO over 5 yrs ago- I read the buses still stop on the street but hopefully the crowding has been alleviated some.

Interesting history note: The 29 Dufferin bus was only extended south of Eglinton after March 26, 1962, and only because the Bloor-Danforth subway was under construction at the time (which opened February 26, 1966). See this link for the full history.

Though there had been a 73 South Dufferin for a few months before that. But yes, interesting that before 1961 there was never a need for what is now the busiest section of one of our busiest routes!

073-dufferin-south-01.jpg

The hoarding on the westbound platform has been removed and shows the new wall tiles. The bathroom tiles are gone and has been replaced by something TTC has never done before.

The station name is in black surround by a patch of white tiles with various colours and location beside them.

Back