News   Jun 27, 2024
 380     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 683     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 441     0 

TTC: Dufferin Station Modernization (TTC, U/C)

Photos of the new tiles on the west end of the platforms. Will be interesting to see it finished. The colours seem very random, but should look good when it's all done.

8248886352_640d8b5562_z.jpg

8247815305_717dd88dc0_z.jpg

8248884508_f79cbcbb2b_z.jpg

8247814453_4233752955_z.jpg

Is somebody able to post photos of the new tiles?

Nevermind. Brainfreezed posted them seconds before I made that post :D

Anyways, new tiles look great. Undoubtedly the best looking tiles on the entire Bloor-Danforth line and maybe the entire system, in my opinion. I think everybody will agree that these are better then our old washroom tiles that we used for Dufferin, and other Bloor-Danforth stations.

I like how they've still kept and blended in the original tile colour scheme. I know many people were concerned about losing it, and this is a good compromise.

Nevermind. Brainfreezed posted them seconds before I made that post :D

Anyways, new tiles look great. Undoubtedly the best looking tiles on the entire Bloor-Danforth line and maybe the entire system, in my opinion. I think everybody will agree that these are better then our old washroom tiles that we used for Dufferin, and other Bloor-Danforth stations.

This looks great! I like how a popular desire to "spruce up" the design still maintains much of the original modernist intention.

This looks great! I like how a popular desire to "spruce up" the design still maintains much of the original modernist intention.

It's good to see the TTC working to enhance the original design of the station rather than destroying everything and renovating on a limited budget. But I don't know if design standards have improved since the renovations of the Vitrolite stations on the Yonge line. They're keeping more of the original look alive and avoiding ugliness like the yellow tiles at Dundas Station, but they're not moving towards mosaics or natural stone, either.

This should be what the TTC should be going for, enhancing the original modernist stylings in the Station, not replacing them completely like what they're doing over at Pape Station.

I hope in any future renovations, they can also find someway of hiding the wiring and pipes that have accumulated over the years on the ceiling and walls.

Last edited:
The original look is not in the photos, but is a black on light green scheme.

They've only finished about 20 meters or so on the west end of each platform, and are slowly working behind the enclosed green boarding, moving towards the east ends.

Last edited:
I really like the new pattern. It will make anyone waiting for a train and seeing it for the first time, stop and take it in. The colour will certainly make it seem less dreary as well.

I can understand why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I they've done a great job.

As far as "bad/good" goes, I'd equate it more w/the first TTC subway renos ever: Osgoode + St Andrew...

Back