777     0 

Transit City Plan

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
I think the winners in this fight need to be humble about this victory and consider long and hard how this decision will affect end-users, and improve upon the very real shortcomings in the original plan. As for the Brothers, well, they should stay off the file and not be sore losers. As the saying goes: If you don't help, get the f*ck out of the way.

AoD

I think the winners in this fight need to be humble about this victory and consider long and hard how this decision will affect end-users, and improve upon the very real shortcomings in the original plan. As for the Brothers, well, they should stay off the file and not be sore losers. As the saying goes: If you don't help, get the f*ck out of the way.

AoD

Absolutely agree with you. Lots needs to be changed in trasnit city to make it more rapid. Is there any news about if Metrolinx plans to change anything in TC to make it faster (eg: station spacing)

AoD

:cool:

I think the winners in this fight need to be humble about this victory and consider long and hard how this decision will affect end-users, and improve upon the very real shortcomings in the original plan.

Hopefully. At this point I'm happy that Eglinton East isn't being buried, but I'd still like to see some sort of grade separation implemented.

As for the Brothers, well, they should stay off the file and not be sore losers. As the saying goes: If you don't help, get the f*ck out of the way.

AoD

Yeah, that'll happen :p. The Fords are more likely to be seen on a streetcar tomorrow morning than they are to be seen taking this loss with dignity and humility.

Really wish someone made an amendment to keep the stop spacing on Eglinton East the same as in the underground plan, and to review the stop spacing for the other lines - if not just have it stop at major and local arteries, and leave provisions to implement stops at local side streets if they are needed.

Is it too late for any second look at the stop spacings?

Last edited:
Really wish someone made an amendment to keep the stop spacing the same as in the underground plan, and to review the stop spacing for the other lines - if not just have it stop at major and local arteries, and leave provisions to implement stops at local side streets if they are needed.

Is it too late for any second look at the stop spacings?

I would think that those are minor design changes that wouldn't really need council approval. Hopefully Metrolinx is allowed into the planning process more, and that will be one of the things that they want to work on.

I live a long Eglinton east...so what exactly is going on right now? The original Transit City plan is back on? Is it the final FINAL decision!?!

Could someone post a map, of whatever current plan has been approved please?

Last edited:
Can someone please post a recap of what exactly happened today? I know that TC won but I dont exactly know what the new plan is

Stintz motion passed:
- Eglinton (TC version), Finch West LRT, and SRT conversion to LRT to go ahead. Report on LRT vs subway on Sheppard East to come to council in March for consideration.
- TTC and Metrolinx to discuss future projects: Sheppard West subway to Downsview, DRL, Danforth extension to STC, Sheppard LRT to Zoo, Eglinton to airport.

I found this on twitter, figured I'd post this here.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford declaring the council meeting on transit was "irrelevant."

[video=youtube;5Eh2dBlarX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eh2dBlarX4[/video]

Back